PDA

View Full Version : SOLD:Unfired Saiga 7.62 w/Magwell dimples

Mr.Boink
02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww50/MrMcBoink/033.jpg

I bought a second Saiga because I wanted to assemble an AK-type rifle using a Russian receiver. That probably won't happen anytime soon considering I'm low on funds and have lost my motivation. Perhaps someone else can continue with the project... or just enjoy it as it.

Anyway, its your typical 7.62 Saiga but with magwell dimples. The gun has never been fired. I've cycled a few snapcaps through it then put the gun aside. Also included are the oil bottle, cleaning kit, manual, and 1 magazine- basically everything that came with the gun.

I would like $600 with a FTF PPT @ any south bay location willing to do the transfer.

Note: I've never done a PPT before so if anyone can answer the following questions, it would really help smooth things out.
1. Do I need to get any papers from the place I DROSed the rifle?
2. Do I need to bring anything other than what I need to DROS a rifle?
3. Anything I should know before doing the transfer?

Thanks for looking.

The Bacon Eater
02-09-2009, 1:00 AM
I wish i had the $ right now. This will go quick.

jsc8041
02-09-2009, 1:05 AM
where are you located?

Mr.Boink
02-09-2009, 1:11 AM
I live in Manteca (Central Valley) but work in Sunnyvale. I'm usually in the south bay area during the weekdays and in the central valley on the weekends, but my schedule is inconsistent. I can probably work something out.

A few things I wanted to add to the original post: I'm not really interested in shipping the gun out, but I will if there is no local interest. I'm also open to trades, but I'm not sure what I want so I didn't make a note of it in the original post. If I think of anything, I post a follow-up.

JeffM
02-09-2009, 3:57 AM
Note: I've never done a PPT before so if anyone can answer the following questions, it would really help smooth things out.
1. Do I need to get any papers from the place I DROSed the rifle?
2. Do I need to bring anything other than what I need to DROS a rifle?
3. Anything I should know before doing the transfer?

Thanks for looking.

You'll just need to bring the rifle and your Drivers License.

Good luck with your sale. Should go quick.

philthy209
02-09-2009, 6:54 AM
pm sent.

neomentat
02-09-2009, 9:08 AM
what is a mag well dimple and what does it do?

djleisure
02-09-2009, 9:37 AM
If you look right above the magazine, on the receiver, you will see a "dimpled" impression, about the size of a thumb. The rifle has these on either side of the mag well, supposedly to stabilize the magazine a little better - less wobble. I have also heard that this indicates the rifle was actually manufactured on the same side as the military AK's that come out of the same factory... but I have no idea if that is true.

At the very least - the dimpled receivers are more rare - this is a very nice rifle!

Mr.RoDiN
02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
pm sent

armandolo
02-09-2009, 2:13 PM
what is a mag well dimple and what does it do?

It also helps with the wiggle of the Standard AK Magazines. When Saiga is converted to accept Standard hi cap AK magazines, they tend to wiggle if the dimples are not present.

Birdman
02-09-2009, 4:52 PM
2nd in line if buyer falls thru.

Mr.Boink
02-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Sold. Thanks to all interested parties.