PDA

View Full Version : Sniper PX online store

lioneaglegriffin
02-08-2009, 11:09 PM
i was looking for online gun store with guns actually in stock and i gave them a look and i came across this in the firearms ordering section. it made me chuckle a little.

AR15 rifles and other assault rifles are NOT legal for sale to civilians in California. VOTE if that pisses you off.

If you are in a state with Draconian gun laws, Do not order a handgun unless you are familiar with your State Law concerning what firearms models you may legally own. Again, Californians, VOTE if this pisses you off.

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/t-security.aspx

gcvt
02-08-2009, 11:33 PM
They either don't know what they're talking about, or they're just referring to the guns that they're selling in their current configurations.

thegratenate
02-09-2009, 6:41 AM
Extra points awarded for using the term "assault rifles" just like the antis do.

It is their business to decide who they want to deal with, but it would be less embarrassing to the 2A community if they were less wrong.

lioneaglegriffin
02-09-2009, 8:44 AM
They either don't know what they're talking about, or they're just referring to the guns that they're selling in their current configurations.

they are in PA so im sure some of the guns are not CA compliant.

sharpie613
02-09-2009, 8:58 AM
Assault *rifle* is a term dating back to WW2 and the Sturmgewehr 44, meaning "Assault Rifle 1944" and is a commonly used term to describe rifles using an intermediate size cartridge with selective fire capabilities. So he is wrong, but due to laziness and not malice.

Assault *weapon* is the BS term you are looking for that is flying out of Brady and politician mouths.

DDT
02-09-2009, 8:58 AM
Extra points awarded for using the term "assault rifles" just like the antis do.

unless their rifles have BBs they ARE Assault Weapons; in California.

lioneaglegriffin
02-09-2009, 11:47 AM
unless their rifles have BBs they ARE Assault Weapons; in California.

correct.

grywlfbg
02-09-2009, 1:24 PM
This is simple, just don't shop there. California buys more guns than any other state. If they want to limit their market then let them.

There are plenty of people willing to deal with us and those are the people we should patronize.

kap
02-09-2009, 1:28 PM
I have ordered from them before and Scott is nice and helpful on the phone and in emails. He has some nice items that noone else has in stock too. If they have something you want it wouldn't hurt to ask them to work with you to get it here.

Glock22Fan
02-09-2009, 1:31 PM
I don't blame them for not being familiar with the details of our laws. I do agree with them on "Vote if that pisses you off" sentiment.

lioneaglegriffin
02-09-2009, 1:37 PM
This is simple, just don't shop there. California buys more guns than any other state. If they want to limit their market then let them.

There are plenty of people willing to deal with us and those are the people we should patronize.

beggars can't be choosers. :(

they have guns i want that just about no one else has

i did find the same gun at a gun store in Montana that has it but they didn't post a picture and that worries me some

Cypren
02-09-2009, 3:24 PM
I don't blame them for not being familiar with the details of our laws.

Isn't it strange to think of places where people live without fear of a SWAT team descending on them because they own a rifle that ignorant police and DAs can't tell apart from a machine gun? (And/or think a jury can't either?)

Sometimes I think owning firearms in this state gives me the tiniest glimpse of what it must have been like to live in the USSR.

lioneaglegriffin
02-09-2009, 4:44 PM
Isn't it strange to think of places where people live without fear of a SWAT team descending on them because they own a rifle that ignorant police and DAs can't tell apart from a machine gun? (And/or think a jury can't either?)

Sometimes I think owning firearms in this state gives me the tiniest glimpse of what it must have been like to live in the USSR.

they probably know what a real assault weapon is but they call them what our lawmakers and cops call them. As do we, it is a legal term in CA not a literal term.

ghideon
02-09-2009, 5:42 PM
I ordered an M1A Scout from them about 3-4 years ago (via Roger and Lisa). Didn't have a problem, but it was wearing Walnut, so it wasn't an EBR.

LOW2000
02-09-2009, 5:58 PM
The Accuracy International .338LM makes my mouth water.

lioneaglegriffin
02-09-2009, 7:17 PM
i wasn't offended by the statement, the oversimplification just amused me.

Unfortunately for us the majority rules and in this state's democratic process the majority wants useless gun laws to sleep better at night. and those who are indifferent to the issue or oppose them aren't effective in stopping it democratically. Which is why we have 3 branches of goverment. when two are dick ****ing us (exec. and legislative) the third (Judicial) might give us some salve to make it a little better, and possibly make them stop.

lioneaglegriffin
02-09-2009, 7:26 PM
The Accuracy International .338LM makes my mouth water.

the whole line is sexy, but im not able to spend that much on a bolt gun. Standard R700 is good enough for me.

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/c-1754-accuracy-international-rifles.aspx