PDA

View Full Version : Scenario for you guys

artthestampede
02-08-2009, 9:41 PM
My gf told me today that her coworker's bf was mugged outside his apartment the other night by 3 guys. One held a gun to him while the others took his belongings and patted him down. Once they took all his stuff, the guy shot him. The bullet went through his arm and hit his lung. The guy went to the hospital but he's ok.

Question for you guys: if you were in this situation and had a CCW, how would u get out of this situation unharmed? Let's say the guy with gun is about 8 feet away so u cant really rush him or try to knock the gun away.

Echidin
02-08-2009, 9:49 PM
Take one of the guys patting you down hostage and hold him ransom for your belongings. If the one with the gun cares anything about his buddy he'll give your belongings back to you, along with his gun. If not, then you have a human shield at your disposal.

Blue
02-08-2009, 9:50 PM
Take one of the guys patting you down hostage and hold him ransom for your belongings. If the one with the gun cares anything about his buddy he'll give your belongings back to you, along with his gun. If not, then you have a human shield at your disposal.

If I managed to get one of the perps as a hostage, I'd probably still shoot the ****er with the gun.

SwissFluCase
02-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Note about 1:45. This guy is an IPSC champion in real life... :43: Mindset is everything. If you have a CCW in these circumstances, you must fight. You cannot let a perp at your gun.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Q2Il86-38A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Q2Il86-38A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ricknadine1111
02-08-2009, 10:36 PM
3 dead or in the process of dieing

The SoCal Gunner
02-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Try to avoid the situation by seeing it coming.

Run for cover or try to get one of the thugs in the cross fire while I draw my own pistol.

Beelzy
02-09-2009, 9:26 AM
The poor guy broke rule #1: Be aware of your suroundings.

Myself, I would have cut the suckas up!

I don't need a gun, I like a nice knife........up close and personal. :43:

Turbinator
02-09-2009, 11:53 AM
My gf told me today that her coworker's bf was mugged outside his apartment the other night by 3 guys. One held a gun to him while the others took his belongings and patted him down. Once they took all his stuff, the guy shot him. The bullet went through his arm and hit his lung. The guy went to the hospital but he's ok.

Do you have any more details around the overall situation? Is his apartment complex gated? Is this guy a non-gun owner? Was he in condition white all the time?

Would like to know a bit more so that we can assess what our answers might be.

Turby

762cavalier
02-09-2009, 5:24 PM
I agree sounds like he failed basic situational awareness.

squishyhead
02-09-2009, 5:48 PM
As I understand the situation, you have 1 perp armed with a handgun 8 feet in front of you and 2 unarmed perps on either side advancing toward you to take your belongings. According to most armed robbery statistics, if the perps don't shoot you as soon as they point the gun, they're not going to shoot you. Obviously statistics didn't do much for this poor guy. However, assuming you've trained yourself to draw your pistol quickly and get accurate rounds down range just as fast, I'd say your first target would definitely be the armed perp. You have two advantages in this situation. You've trained for this scenario hundreds of times, and you have the element of suprise. The armed perp most likely has not trained himself to react in this scenario, and upon realizing that you're pulling a gun on him, he will panic as will his two friends. Whether he starts spraying and praying or just starts running, the element of suprise has tipped the odds of winning this fight in your favor. There's never any gaurantee you're getting out of that fight unharmed, or even alive, but depending on your skill set your odds have definitely improved over hoping this thug is a really bad shot!

Like everyone has already said though, if you were paying attention you may have been able to avoid this situation all together.

Matt C
02-09-2009, 5:50 PM
It's already been said, but situational awareness. Once they are up close and pointing a gun at you, it's probably not going to go well.

Greg-Dawg
02-09-2009, 5:52 PM
I'd use my kung fu ninja skillz.

tyrist
02-09-2009, 7:16 PM
There if very little chance to escape unharmed if somebody is alread pointing a gun and plans to shoot you. You can however survie the encounter by fighting back but I doubt you would be "unharmed".

Dr Rockso
02-09-2009, 7:34 PM
Tactical headbutt.

cxr
02-09-2009, 7:44 PM
i have asked myself that same question lots of times about what do you do in a situation like that..

youtube handgun tactical shooting and there are some videos on how to handle that situation if you are CCW.

basically pull the gun start shooting from the hip, on the move.

devildog999
02-09-2009, 8:03 PM
I couldn't tell you how I would react unless I was actually in the situation. It is easy to say what you would do until you are in that situation and are able to plot your actions.

technique
02-09-2009, 8:06 PM
I'll say it again, pay attention to whats going on around you...

In other words..
Don't get caught slippin!!!

If you can grab at the weapon and its a semi auto handgun...grab and hold it in a way that even if the gun is fired it won't cycle (hold the slide and the frame..keep it aimed away from you) that should give you a few a bit of extra time to either get away ( hope the guy is firearm incompetent and won't cycle the action)( or someone is calling the po-po cuz of the shot fired) or start beating the crap outta the guy(s) cuz well they needed a gun and multiple people to pull off a stickup anyway...they must be pussies!!!!!:p:)

dondo
02-09-2009, 9:15 PM
Avoid the situation by never leaving the house.

dwa
02-09-2009, 9:21 PM
this isn't advice from experience just critical thinking. if the bg has the weapon already trained on you with two unarmed bgs with thing the most pressing issue i would think of would be to be able to employ your ccw weapon without armed bg firing. the only thing i could think of is to start blabbering about how you don't wanna die type stuff then say something about "take everything just don't hurt me here take my wallet" position body while reaching for wallet as to obscure the action and use the moment while the bg thinks your reaching for wallet to actually draw ccw weapon and engage bg w/ weapon as quickly as possible. once bg w/ weapon is no longer a threat turn attention to the others who would most likely be i the process of fleeing and if not hope the 10 round mag is enough divided by 3.

this is an if you choose to fight scenario but outnumbered 3 to 1 with a weapon already covering you the scenario is heavily stacked against the ccw.
maybe someone better with these type of scenarios will come up with a better idea

chsk9
02-09-2009, 9:23 PM
krav maga http://www.kravmaga.com/

Fate
02-09-2009, 9:41 PM
Deploy Trunk Monkey.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HfMUGsniJ8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4HfMUGsniJ8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Capt. Speirs
02-09-2009, 9:50 PM
I couldn't tell you how I would react unless I was actually in the situation. It is easy to say what you would do until you are in that situation and are able to plot your actions.

Don't wait till you get into a situation and then decide what you are going to do. Training can take the thinking away and put the control on your side. Remember, the average reaction time versus how many feet you can cover is about 11 feet, less if adrenalin is not flowing, doubt it though. The perps are first and foremost desperate, very dangerous and unpredictable, that is why training is so essential. A CCW should not be the only thing you obtain, training is the other that most forget.

randy
02-09-2009, 11:53 PM
You might get killed no way of knowing.

audihenry
02-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Can't carry and if he has his gun aimed at you, you'd be a fool to try to draw your own.

It's a lose lose with a small chance of getting out of it injured.

Best solution? Be mindful of your surroundings and where you are and when.

Wild Squid
02-10-2009, 1:17 AM
I thought everyone knows how to do like Bruce Willis in Die Hard by jumping backwards and sideways while pulling out your own piece and letting loose 3 rounds into each BG's forehead by the time you hit the ground?