PDA

View Full Version : A few recent weird stories...

xxxx
02-08-2009, 6:37 PM
These both happened in the same day.

First I was at Walmart looking to buy a BB pistol for my nephew. It was right next to the ammo section and a guy comes in, well dressed and speaking normally and asks for 9mm. The sales man says "All we have is 9x19" and the guy said, "Will that fit in my HiPoint Carbine? It's 9mm" - I stepped in and explained 9mm in American usually means 9x19mm or 9mm Parabellum/Luger. He left with a box of WWB.

Then I went off to go buy my PS90 - the store was very crowed and I wanted to test out the optics in different lights. They had these big windows and the sun was out - so at first I aimed the firearm at the gun rack and I found the optics to be acceptable and then i asked permission to point it out the window (the gun store was on the 2nd floor). The owner and guy helping me said sure, so I proceeded to do so. The optic looked much better with some decent light but all of a sudden in my cross hairs I see a human head! I immediately point the rifle upwards and the person just looked at me and smiled. I was a bit shooken up, so I then proceeded to look out the window again threw the optic and again another person walked right in front of the rifle into my cross hairs, not more then 10' away from me! They looked straight at me threw the cross hairs and came over to ask about the PS90!!! They walked in front of a rifle, realized it, and came over to chat about the rifle like nothing happened!!! I was shocked.

What do you guys think about this?

Bobula
02-08-2009, 6:40 PM
what's weird? people = stupid

Beelzy
02-08-2009, 6:51 PM
Same old Salami, new sandwich. :D

You should have made the "bang" noise at them, and told them to go lay on the hood of
your car like a good dead deer. :laugh:

The SoCal Gunner
02-08-2009, 6:56 PM
what's weird? people = stupid

The guy who didn't know what 9x19 is or the guys minding their own business walking around in the store?

Usually when I look through optics it'll be diagonally upwards and not straight where people call walk into the crosshair. Like the OP said, the store was crowded.

The way I see it, its the guy with the gun that needs to pay attention to where he is pointing it.

dondo
02-08-2009, 6:58 PM
You are the guy pointing a rifle at head level across a store. Just a thought. Most stores I have been make you point anythin up at targets or something similar up toward top plate level.

Desert_Rat
02-08-2009, 7:02 PM
They walked in front of a rifle, realized it, and came over to chat about the rifle like nothing happened!!! I was shocked.

I think Darwin may have been on to something:D

B.D.Dubloon
02-08-2009, 7:06 PM

First I was at Walmart looking to buy a BB pistol for my nephew. It was right next to the ammo section and a guy comes in, well dressed and speaking normally and asks for 9mm. The sales man says "All we have is 9x19" and the guy said, "Will that fit in my HiPoint Carbine? It's 9mm" - I stepped in and explained 9mm in American usually means 9x19mm or 9mm Parabellum/Luger. He left with a box of WWB.

Then I went off to go buy my PS90 - the store was very crowed and I wanted to test out the optics in different lights. They had these big windows and the sun was out - so at first I aimed the firearm at the gun rack and I found the optics to be acceptable and then i asked permission to point it out the window (the gun store was on the 2nd floor). The owner and guy helping me said sure, so I proceeded to do so. The optic looked much better with some decent light but all of a sudden in my cross hairs I see a human head! I immediately point the rifle upwards and the person just looked at me and smiled. I was a bit shooken up, so I then proceeded to look out the window again threw the optic and again another person walked right in front of the rifle into my cross hairs, not more then 10' away from me! They looked straight at me threw the cross hairs and came over to ask about the PS90!!! They walked in front of a rifle, realized it, and came over to chat about the rifle like nothing happened!!! I was shocked.

That lucky SOB. I want a HiPoint carbine. How did he get it in California? If you had one from living in a different state and moved here, could you keep it?

You checked the guns to make sure they weren't loaded before handling them right? I guess the people walking around just trusted that you had done that, or that the store didn't have loaded guns on the racks, or that you weren't going to pull the trigger. There should have been several steps which would have protected them from being shot. I don't see it as too big a deal. I certainly wouldn't have walked in front of you while you were aiming, it but come on, you were "shocked." Surely you've seen dumber stuff than that on a regular basis at gun stores, right? I know I have. Seems pretty minor to me. However, you yourself are a lucky man to have a PS90. I'll cut off my pinkie (left hand) for it! :)

BDD

nick
02-08-2009, 7:14 PM
I got mine from LAN World, they install a BB for you before shipping it to CA. Chris is a member here. Good luck finding it in stock these days though.

nick
02-08-2009, 7:16 PM
I'll cut off my pinkie (left hand) for it! :)

BDD

20 years from now you'll be thinking "I'd give all my guns (I can buy more) to have that pinkie :p

B.D.Dubloon
02-08-2009, 7:19 PM
20 years from now you'll be thinking "I'd give all my guns (I can buy more) to have that pinkie :p

I put the smiley face there so that he would know I was kidding. I wouldn't want him to call me on it and then leave me negative feedback for not going through with it. They are cool guns, but I think you can get them for well under 2 grand.

BDD

hawk81
02-08-2009, 7:53 PM
I think you don't need to get your panties in a bunch. No big deal.:p

ohsmily
02-08-2009, 8:35 PM

Your post is weirder than the stories contained therein.

BTW, why the hell are you throwing the optics around? You break it, you buy it. Be more careful about throwing stuff around.

ohsmily
02-08-2009, 8:36 PM
Usually when I look through optics it'll be diagonally upwards and not straight where people call walk into the crosshair.

The way I see it, its the guy with the gun that needs to pay attention to where he is pointing it.

+1

Weird OP.

xxxx
02-08-2009, 8:54 PM
This was in NY and the layout of the shop was very strange, as many of you know the PS90 optics are not the best and it wasn't cheap either, thus I wanted to see what it was like while looking outdoors. You guys think that's weird?

ohsmily
02-08-2009, 9:12 PM
This was in NY and the layout of the shop was very strange, as many of you know the PS90 optics are not the best and it wasn't cheap either, thus I wanted to see what it was like while looking outdoors. You guys think that's weird?

No, the fact that you think what happened to you that day was weird is weird. Also, the fact that you pointed the gun directly horizontally across an area where people could walk in front of you is weird/bad practice. As someone else mentioned, if you are so concerned about it, get closer to the window so ppl can't walk in front of you and/or aim slightly down or up so you won't be aiming straight at someone else in the store.

Throwing optics is weird too. Don't throw things.