PDA

View Full Version : My trip and intresting comments at the indoor range

Jimmy Deuce
02-08-2009, 5:15 PM
A took a first time shooter to the range. The short of it is she caught on quick and we both had fun. At the end we wrap it up the man behind the counter runs my credit card and hands it back to me. I sign the recipt he takes back the set of glasses and ear protection they loaned to me. I ask my friend to watch my gun bag while I go to the restroom to wash off my hands from the lead from loading the rifle. Now the whole time I was there no one asked me what I was shooting. They only said "no Wolf ammo". Once I get out my friend informs me that the man behind the counter asked if that was an AR type rifle in .22lr. The reply from my friend was "yes it is a .22". My friend informed me once we made it back to my vehicle that the man behind the counter said "that (my rifle) can be considered and assualt weapon".

I just told my friend If I had is what he considered and assualt wepaon how come he did not inform the authorities?

I will not name the range as I have had mostly good times there.

thempopresense
02-08-2009, 5:17 PM
Next time you go in there bring a few copies of the Flow Chart.

Blue
02-08-2009, 5:18 PM
Eh. Forget it. He's not the law, and next time if he doesn't want that weapon there he'll tell you to your face.

PorkLover
02-08-2009, 5:23 PM
I'm with Blue......like you said, you mostly had good times there......if it bothers you that much, you can ask that guy next time you go.........glad you introduced a newbie to our sport.........

rayra
02-08-2009, 6:23 PM
I will not name the range as I have had mostly good times there.

Name the faciltiy and the employee, so other folks can be prepared to educate the dummy or be prepared for his ignorant nonsense.

bobfried
02-08-2009, 6:28 PM
Name the faciltiy and the employee, so other folks can be prepared to educate the dummy or be prepared for his ignorant nonsense.

+1

I see these posts all the time and wonder why the poster would even bother. It's the same as if I wrote a rant about how a lawyer I hired never passed the BAR and was practicing illegally but I won't name names because we had a good time at the titty bar.

If your going to post about a place and employee (I highly doubt that was the owner which just rung you up) than NAME them. They would welcome the constructive criticism.

Jimmy Deuce
02-08-2009, 6:29 PM
Then you shouldn't have posted this garbage.

I thought I posted with in the rules? Did I violate some calguns posting rules? Though this was the correct forum.
Mods if I am in the wrong please delete.

MadMex
02-08-2009, 6:30 PM
The dirtbag was trying to impress and make a run at your lady friend. F’n loser.

leelaw
02-08-2009, 6:43 PM
Then you shouldn't have posted this garbage.

Perhaps you should throttle back some of your garbage posts.. like this one.

Kestryll
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I thought I posted with in the rules? Did I violate some calguns posting rules? Though this was the correct forum.
Mods if I am in the wrong please delete.

Nope, nothing wrong with your post.

tsname
02-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Counter guy is being stupid. Had that been the case, he would've kicked you guys out or called the police in the middle of your session upon seeing your "assault weapon."

I don't know what it is about some folks. It could just be that forum veterans have such little tolerance to opposing views and such, they come off really brash.

Beelzy
02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Dude!

The guy was technically correct, as it could be deemed one. He did NOT
say it was an "illegal" AW. ;):D

Mezcalfud
02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
SOME range employee's are hilarious. Master of the range will not get them any chicks, but they may look and sound cool to the Boy Scout Troups (do they still have Boy Scouts?).

I was shooting with my wife on Sunday am. We had a nice private corner so our brass was landing in the lane next to us. Well, someone eventually was assigned to the lane next door so my wife started sweeping the brass over to our lane to push forward as to not be in the way of the guy setting up. The range employee asked her if she was keeping the brass? and if not, she is to sweep it forward. He was quite serious.

We both looked at the guy and laughed....