PDA

View Full Version : Ammo deals at gun shows??

Steve O
02-08-2009, 1:07 PM
So I just got 2k rounds of .223 WOLF MC FMJ form ammoman.com for $300 per 1k shipped. My friend was telling me I should wait for the gun show coming up in the next few weeks and he said in DEC 08 he got 1k for 189!

I was asking him if that was 7.62x39 or for sure .223 and he says for sure it was .223 but I haven't seen a deal like that since 2006...

Is the price of ammo at gun shows really that good?

Mssr. Eleganté
02-08-2009, 1:19 PM
Is the price of ammo at gun shows really that good?

No, it is not.

Your friend probably got a case of 500 rounds for that price.

squishyhead
02-08-2009, 1:27 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about WolF .223 ammo considering those prices. That's often one of the few companies that has anything resembling a good deal at most of the gun shows, but I tend to avoid that ammo like the plague! Unless I'm buying Wolf 7.62x39 to shoot out of my cousins AK, that stuff is horrible. I've seen numerous AR's unable to eject those Wolf cartriges once they've heated up and warped whatever that grey stuff is.

Steve O
02-08-2009, 1:33 PM
The debit about wolf and functionality in AR's have been covered a lot here. A properly lubed/cleaned rifle can shoot it with no problems.

At least that's what I have read over and over, and experienced my self.
I don't remember what the reports were for NFA MG's though...

NiteQwill
02-08-2009, 4:22 PM
Harry, at the Glendale gun show sells ammo for cheap. Where 1K of .223 at $189 is not far off his price. Great guy and service. I buy all my stuff through him.

Capt. Speirs
02-08-2009, 6:16 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about WolF .223 ammo considering those prices. That's often one of the few companies that has anything resembling a good deal at most of the gun shows, but I tend to avoid that ammo like the plague! Unless I'm buying Wolf 7.62x39 to shoot out of my cousins AK, that stuff is horrible. I've seen numerous AR's unable to eject those Wolf cartriges once they've heated up and warped whatever that grey stuff is.

"polymer-coated (previously lacquered), steel cartridge cases" according to Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Ammunition