PDA

View Full Version : Job Wanted, San Diego: 20 y/o, on time, hard working

CmpsdNoMore
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I am 20 years old, live in Vista (North SD) and I am looking for a job. I was going to start college in January, but there was a freeze on applicants until next fall. I moved to Mammoth Lakes to work at the mountain but had to move back due to not having enough hours to make a living.

I don't want to post my resume on the web, but I will give a quick summary:

I have experience with the following:
lawn care and landscaping (mowing, edging, tree and shrub trimming, organic and synthetic fertilizer application)
Audio/Visual (recording audio for church services and producing a live call-in TV show on public access)
My position at Mammoth Mountain was parking attendant. I greeted customers as they arrived and departed, helped with directions around the mountain (ticket sales, lessons, what runs were open and good that day, etc) and the city and helped with shoveling snow, breaking ice and digging out cars when needed.

All the jobs I've worked included talking and working with customers and long hours. I'm not afraid of working long hours or getting dirty.
I'm always open for new job fields and am interested in learning what I need to know during job hours and off.

I'd love to have a job working around firearms or aviation, but will consider pretty much anything. If you're looking for a part-time or full-time worker please PM me and we can talk.
My resume, references and a letter of recommendation from my manager at Mammoth are available for serious inquiries.

Thank you.

strangerdude
02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
If your looking for a job, security is your best bet. Just get your guard card and apply to different security companies, you make more money if your armed and that requires a firearms permit, and your own gun depending on the company. Good luck!

hawk81
02-08-2009, 1:40 PM
Yeah, armed security is the way to go. I worked security when I was 20 years old. Plus sometimes you get to work clubs and stuff. It can be fun. Right now armed guards will make between $12 and $15 dollars an hour.

damon1272
02-08-2009, 5:01 PM
He is 20 yo. He has to be 21 to purchase a handgun. As for jobs check some of the warehouses in the Escondido area and San Marcos. Not fun work lumping funiture but you can make decent money. Check Pual Arpin in Escondido.

Blue
02-08-2009, 5:13 PM
Yeah, armed security is the way to go. I worked security when I was 20 years old. Plus sometimes you get to work clubs and stuff. It can be fun. Right now armed guards will make between $12 and $15 dollars an hour.

That's all those guys make?

CmpsdNoMore
02-08-2009, 7:19 PM
I actually was thinking about taking the classes and getting my guard card, but I'd prefer a different job if possible.
I also already have a hand gun because I purchased one (legally) in Wisconsin before I moved here this past fall. I don't know if I'd want to get pistol certified, just for job liability reasons.

I've been keeping my eyes open and applied to a couple warehouses in the area. Back in October I applied to 20 - 30 places in the north county and didn't get a single reply.

5150Marcelo
02-08-2009, 7:24 PM
Why work? Find yourself a sugar momma. See if she has a sister for me well your at it!

Matt C
02-08-2009, 7:25 PM
I actually was thinking about taking the classes and getting my guard card, but I'd prefer a different job if possible.
I also already have a hand gun because I purchased one (legally) in Wisconsin before I moved here this past fall. I don't know if I'd want to get pistol certified, just for job liability reasons.

I've been keeping my eyes open and applied to a couple warehouses in the area. Back in October I applied to 20 - 30 places in the north county and didn't get a single reply.

The company that hires you will take care of and pay for your classes, and the liability will fall on them if something happens at work. That's why they pay for insurance.

hawk81
02-09-2009, 3:55 PM
Some companies provide you with a gun even if your only 20, like Wakenhut.

He is 20 yo. He has to be 21 to purchase a handgun. As for jobs check some of the warehouses in the Escondido area and San Marcos. Not fun work lumping funiture but you can make decent money. Check Pual Arpin in Escondido.

CmpsdNoMore
02-09-2009, 4:17 PM
I also already have a hand gun because I purchased one (legally) in Wisconsin before I moved here this past fall.

No problem with the pistol :D

Matt C
02-09-2009, 4:19 PM
IF you are turning 21 soon I would do this:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKV&ff=21&APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=J8D49Q6DV79KH75VM0K

hotwls13
02-09-2009, 4:22 PM
Join the Military. ;)

CmpsdNoMore
02-09-2009, 4:39 PM
IF you are turning 21 soon I would do this:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=ILKV&ff=21&APath=2.31.0.0.0&job_did=J8D49Q6DV79KH75VM0K

Would be pretty cool. Too bad you need two years experience.

I was thinking about joining the military, maybe even just the reserves. I was going to go to the Air Force Academy when I turned 18 until I decided I didn't want to spend 10 years in the AF if I got to be a pilot.
I decided against any sort of military duty, since I don't feel like I can put myself under the direct authority of the current POTUS.

Matt C
02-09-2009, 4:41 PM

Driving....

hotwls13
02-10-2009, 7:16 PM

I was thinking about joining the military, maybe even just the reserves. I was going to go to the Air Force Academy when I turned 18 until I decided I didn't want to spend 10 years in the AF if I got to be a pilot.
I decided against any sort of military duty, since I don't feel like I can put myself under the direct authority of the current POTUS.

Don't let that prevent you from joining. I wouldn't have missed it for the world and I served 7 years under CLINTON!!

strangerdude
02-10-2009, 7:26 PM

he can borrow someones gun if he's under 21.

CmpsdNoMore
02-10-2009, 8:29 PM
No problem with the pistol :D

Once again. :thumbsup:

I'm starting college next fall, so I'm looking for something local and part time after august. I couldn't get in this year cause of the budget cuts.

tankerman
02-10-2009, 11:43 PM
McDonald's, you can learn a second language while you work.

5150Marcelo
02-10-2009, 11:45 PM
The company that hires you will take care of and pay for your classes, and the liability will fall on them if something happens at work. That's why they pay for insurance.

Not true. "Something happened" to my buddy at an establishment. He sued the owner of the estalishment, the security company, AND the security guard himself.

Lets just say the place is not there anymore.:eek: