PDA

View Full Version : whaaaats up bro's..new to calguns n loving it!

cheeto
02-08-2009, 6:59 AM
hey whats up my new gunslinger friends haha
my name is steve but people call me fat steve because im so buff..especialy around the belly area
so im new here..got turned to this site by way of google

so let me tell u a little about my self
im 28
from oakland ca
i work at the port of oakland and also do photography on the side
i bought my first pistol yesterday its a EAA 38 special windicator 2" barrel black on black
its my first gun ever and didnt want to spend alot of money
it ended up being $350 with tax included(did i pay too much?)

but yea ima pretty laid back cool dude and allways ready to learn new stuff

Turbinator
02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Welcome aboard, but I think we can do with out the image.

Turby

Hopi
02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Yep. Welcome.

We can certainly do without the image.

Gator Monroe
02-08-2009, 10:35 AM
yOUR NEXT GUNS SHOULD BE (iN THIS ORDER ) Pump Shotgun (Riot configuration 8 shot 12 ga. with heat shield and bayo lug) (Chinese SKS paratrooper with dark wood) older (Vintage mid 60's Ruger 10/22 International Carbine with original clear plastic roatary magazine) newer Ruger Mk 3 (with target barrel) then when you reload money guns you Build an AR ( Retro M16A1 603/AR hybrid):thumbsup:

sorensen440
02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome to calguns

That said....:ban:

Turbinator
02-08-2009, 11:07 AM
lol... He removed the image now.

Turby

Hopi
02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
lol... He removed the image now.

Turby

:thumbsup:

Saigon1965
02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
You all copied it to your perm files I know -

Hopi
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM

PM sent

Turbinator
02-08-2009, 12:58 PM

No. Wallpaper. :D

Turby

Gator Monroe
02-08-2009, 1:01 PM
No. Wallpaper. :D

Turby

Repost it for me I thought some of the womenz a couple of rows back were Hawt like Vanilla from manilla !:p

cheeto
02-08-2009, 2:32 PM
lol i removed it cause i didnt wanna rub people the wrong way since im new on here

and gator yea that was what i was planning on buying next..a nice shotgun
i was looking thru the pics of shotguns thread and man those pistol grips look real nice i want one of those
is there somthing u recomend? maybe under the 400 price range?

cheeto
02-08-2009, 2:35 PM
oh and also im very new to this gun thing and do u guys recomend sum good shops in the east bay where the prices are good?
i need guidance haha
all help is apreciated
thanks

Turbinator
02-08-2009, 2:51 PM
Ok, you sound very new. Please get some safety training and some safe firearms handling training. Then get some proper shooting training. This will help you get started in the right direction.

I'm not too familiar with shops in Oakland, but Irvington Arms is in Fremont, a little drive south for you, they can help set you straight on purchases.

Turby

Gator Monroe
02-08-2009, 3:24 PM
lol i removed it cause i didnt wanna rub people the wrong way since im new on here

and gator yea that was what i was planning on buying next..a nice shotgun
i was looking thru the pics of shotguns thread and man those pistol grips look real nice i want one of those
is there somthing u recomend? maybe under the 400 price range?

Big 5 has great deals on home defense Shotguns !:thumbsup:

Hopi
02-08-2009, 3:27 PM

The Mossberg combo deal is hard to beat when it's on sale.

cheeto
02-08-2009, 4:16 PM
Ok, you sound very new. Please get some safety training and some safe firearms handling training. Then get some proper shooting training. This will help you get started in the right direction.

I'm not too familiar with shops in Oakland, but Irvington Arms is in Fremont, a little drive south for you, they can help set you straight on purchases.

Turby

yea im gonna take a safety course at the shooting range
i might have to drive to fremont to check out that shop u mentioned thanx

cheeto
02-08-2009, 4:20 PM

i was at big five in antioch a while back but they didnt have any shotguns with pistol grip
is that like a accesorie u can buy? can u switch the butts(i dont know what they are called but u know what i meen) on shotguns?
they did have a nice home security short shot gun on clerance for like 200
it was a brand i have never heard of

sorry for all Q's fellas but im still learning

Blue
02-08-2009, 4:33 PM
i was at big five in antioch a while back but they didnt have any shotguns with pistol grip
is that like a accesorie u can buy? can u switch the butts(i dont know what they are called but u know what i meen) on shotguns?

Yes you can change the buttstock out for a pistol grip. Try and get a name brand shotgun like a Remington or Mossberg though. The cheaper ones don't have the aftermarket parts following like the bigger name brands.

Hopi
02-08-2009, 4:33 PM

You can certainly buy it aftermarket, but pistol grips are overrated imo. Have you shot many shotguns?

cheeto
02-08-2009, 6:01 PM
You can certainly buy it aftermarket, but pistol grips are overrated imo. Have you shot many shotguns?

yea sumbody was telling me that pistol grip shotties are waaay overated and that people only buy them to look "cool"
thats why i wanted to know if u can have the option of switching the butts
so i can have the best of both worlds

and no i have never shot a shotgun lol i know u guys are gonna clown me but yea haha im 28 and never shot one =/

only things i have shot is
.22 revolver
22 riffle
i think thats it

cheeto
02-08-2009, 6:04 PM
Yes you can change the buttstock out for a pistol grip. Try and get a name brand shotgun like a Remington or Mossberg though. The cheaper ones don't have the aftermarket parts following like the bigger name brands.

thanks! most def gonna use ur advice!

i love mossbergs and i think thats more than def gonna b my next purchase

Hopi
02-08-2009, 6:37 PM

Get the Mossberg 500 combo at Big 5 on sale. It comes with a home defense barrel and another 28" (iirc) hunting barrel. Can't beat that, and you've effectively got 2 shotguns in one.....

Blue
02-08-2009, 6:43 PM

I have both a Mossberg 590 and a Winchester 1300, and I prefer the Winchester over the Mossberg. Such a smoother action. If you can find one at a reasonable price, consider it.

cheeto
02-25-2009, 3:42 PM
so my next purchase ended up being a glock 37 45cal GAP(pre owned didnt have to wait 30 days)
any feedback on this gun?

man this gun thing is addicting im gonna buy another one once i pick up my glock on the 3rd

Turbinator
02-25-2009, 4:55 PM
I'm not sure I personally see the appeal of .45GAP but maybe others have inputs on this?

Turby