PDA

View Full Version : Getting CCW permit

toneman
02-07-2009, 8:10 PM
I's sure this was covered before, tried search option but word CCW was too short.
Can someone tell me step by step how to get CCW permit ?
what is qualification ?

Librarian
02-07-2009, 8:13 PM
Try www.calccw.com and www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/

They specialize.

PorkLover
02-08-2009, 12:40 AM
good luck with getting one......

pingpong
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
good luck with getting one......

It's not too hard, provided you're a judge or live in the OC......:thumbsup:

Quiet
02-08-2009, 1:00 AM
New Sheriff in OC makes getting a CCW there equal to trying to get one in LA.

toneman
02-08-2009, 8:23 AM

what's that mean ? Are you saying it's easy or hard ?

Black Majik
02-08-2009, 9:08 AM
He's saying it's difficult, very very difficult.

toneman
02-08-2009, 9:10 AM
He's saying it's difficult, very very difficult.

OH! I see

NiteQwill
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
OH! I see

I see you are from Irvine. Before the current sheriff, it was much easier to get a CCW and a lot of us had them. The chances of getting them now is pretty close to none. I suggest, if you travel, getting a UT and FL CCW.

Tarn_Helm
02-08-2009, 1:11 PM
OH! I see

Click on this link and watch: http://www.fulldisclosure.net/flash/VideoBlogs/VideoBlog31.php

The attitudes and policies of the person running OCSD are probably indistinguishable from those of LASD's "Lee" Baca.

Click this line if you would like information on the current situation in OC regarding CCW. (http://www.occcws.com/)

You probably have no chance of getting a CCW.:beatdeadhorse5:

Welcome to the battle for the only civil right not recognized as a civil right.:patriot:

toneman
02-08-2009, 3:35 PM
I see you are from Irvine. Before the current sheriff, it was much easier to get a CCW and a lot of us had them. The chances of getting them now is pretty close to none. I suggest, if you travel, getting a UT and FL CCW.

If I get one from UT is it legal to carry in California ?

Librarian
02-08-2009, 3:50 PM
If I get one from UT is it legal to carry in California ?

No. California does not honor any out of state CCW for non-LEO.

Capt. Speirs
02-08-2009, 6:13 PM

Wasn't easy with the old Sheriff, unless you were in the circle or made a huge contribution to his favorite fund.

Rivers
02-08-2009, 9:19 PM
Funny how nobody mentioned that if you actually have good cause, like being a criminal law attorney, jewelry merchant, or other high risk profession, the OP might actually overcome the high threshold of the current OC Sheriff. And, by the time the process of applying, etc. gets going, the current OC Sheriff may be the outgoing going gone Sheriff, or the Sheriff with a newly-enlightened issuance policy.

NiteQwill
02-08-2009, 9:31 PM
Funny how nobody mentioned that if you actually have good cause, like being a criminal law attorney, jewelry merchant, or other high risk profession, the OP might actually overcome the high threshold of the current OC Sheriff. And, by the time the process of applying, etc. gets going, the current OC Sheriff may be the outgoing going gone Sheriff, or the Sheriff with a newly-enlightened issuance policy.

I know 2 folks in a high risk profession that had their OC CCW revoked, so it doesn't fly with the new sheriff.

Echidin
02-08-2009, 9:45 PM
I wonder if having a family member in LE within the county in which you are applying for a CCW can help your chances? I suppose it wouldn't hurt?

stich
02-09-2009, 7:55 AM
This is what makes me very happy about living in a rural area. Our Sherrif is pro gun and getting my CCW was easy. Now I'm applying for my Florida so I'll have 33 states to carry in. I feel for you guys that can't get one in your county :(

QuarterBoreGunner
02-09-2009, 8:06 AM
I know 2 folks in a high risk profession that had their OC CCW revoked, so it doesn't fly with the new sheriff.
In these two cases; be careful with blanket statements.

Black Majik
02-09-2009, 8:39 AM
Wasn't easy with the old Sheriff, unless you were in the circle or made a huge contribution to his favorite fund.

Untrue. I certainly was neither.

peteboozer
02-09-2009, 3:29 PM
im hoping to get a job as a security officer for a mental institution. still might get it cause i got some connections there. i certainly hope i can get a ccw. ive been told it shouldn't be too hard after working security for the state

the_donald_
02-09-2009, 4:14 PM
On the OC CCW viability, the chances are slim to none. The new sheriff is making some questionable moves that certainly show she's not maneuvering into the best election position for 2010. As far as your CCW, I wish you luck. I wish it was easier for 'law abiding citizens' to be able to protect themselves and their loved ones. Too bad the "shall not be infringed" section has been so lost in interpretation. My opinion, there's nothing to interpret.

Good luck.

Wild Squid
02-09-2009, 4:25 PM
God dang it pisses me off to no end when the CCW issuing sheriff always says "You don't NEED to carry a gun on you on the streets." That's the same thing as me saying " You don't NEED to wear a warm a coat when it's 20 degrees outside."

Capt. Speirs
02-09-2009, 9:59 PM
Open carry when you can, less chance of some crackhead messing with you. Then hope the new Sheriff is Pro-CCW.

gotgunz
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Or move!

If it sucks so bad get the hell out and go somewhere else.

How hard is this to figure out? (I know that is not an option for everybody)