PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting gun quotes

dominic
02-07-2009, 6:46 AM
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

"There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men." Starship Troopers.

"The pen is mightier than the sword...only if the sword is very small and the pen is very sharp." Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic.

"A weapon is a device for making your enemy change his mind." Lois Bujold, The Vor Game.

"A man with a gun is no need of advice." Steve Aylett, Atom.

maxicon
02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Here are a few - I've got more, but don't want to get carried away...

"You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." -Al Capone

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Jeff Cooper

There are three reasons to own a gun. To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals, and to keep the King of England out of your face. - Krusty the Clown

...the designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. "Make it evil," he'd been told. "Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sorts of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." - Douglas Adams

"Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way that you conduct your affairs..." - S.F. District Attorney Kamala Harris

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. - George Washington

I think the only way to stop the violence is to get the guns off the streets, using force if necessary. Frankly, the only way to solve this problem is to engulf the NRA in an orgy of blood and death. If the fascist gun-owners refuse to comply, we should overtake them with knives and clubs or flay them with chains.
Only when standing atop a gnarled pile of broken bodies can we then push forward towards a new peace. - veef - sfgate

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dali Lama

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest" - Mohandas K. Gandhi

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." (George Orwell)

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose." (James Earl Jones).

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
Texas State Rep. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp

A civilian observed a Texas Ranger carrying a cocked, holstered 1911A1. Civilian: "Isn't that dangerous?" Ranger: "I sure hope so!"

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -- Jack Handy

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

Capt. Speirs
02-07-2009, 10:09 AM
http://www.catb.org/~esr/guns/quotes.html

Found this page.

Jonathan Doe
02-07-2009, 11:56 AM
God created men and Colt made them equal.