View Full Version : CA ID AW Flowchart (shotgun version)

cj cake
02-06-2009, 8:41 PM
I have neither the resources, skill, or intellect to attempt this, but I think it would be nice to have a shotgun version of the AW Flowchart. I wish I could contribute, but it would look like a fifth graders artwork. Is this something that the original Flowchart creators would consider constructing? Is there anyone who thinks this would be a good idea?

cj cake
02-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I guess I am the only one who thinks this is a good idea? :confused:

02-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Don't see why it wouldn't be worth doing. But shotguns are pretty straight forward, wouldn't be much to the flowchart.

But if you wanted, you could start trying to document the flow and contact Redhorse to see if he would plug your info inthe program and visualize the chart.

cj cake
02-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I'll give it a shot.

02-08-2009, 9:29 PM
I'll give it a shot.

It shouldn't be too hard. I know you can do it.

I think the ORIGINAL chicken scratch flowchart that I drew up took about 5 minutes.

02-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Does the shotgun have a revolving cylinder? --> Yes = Illegal or No,

Does the shotgun have a barrel less than 18" (ignoring C&R SBS for the time being)? --> Yes = Illegal or No,

Is the shotgun listed in Appendix A* (shotguns banned by name list)? --> Yes = Illegal or No,

Is the shotgun semi-automatic? No --> Legal or Yes,

Does the shotgun have a detachable magazine? Yes = Illegal or No,

Does the shotgun have BOTH a telescoping/folding stock AND a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip? Yes --> Illegal or No,

The Olympic shotgun exemption probably needs to go in there as well, but that should be the correct route, no? A couple of the questions could be swapped around as well.