PDA

View Full Version : Gun show with me tomorrow?

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 5:56 PM
OK, I want to go to the gun show tomorrow but I hate the freaking parking fee and I would like to meet some fellow Calgunners... that said, who is going tomorrow from the Escondido area and would like to go with me? We can split the parking fee, get our shtuff, hang out for a bit and leave when everyone is ready/bored, etc. Email me at pullnshoot25@hotmail.com to let me know.

cgseanp1
02-06-2009, 6:43 PM
I can't make it, have to work tonight and tomorrow night.. If anyone wants to pick me up some ammo, I'll buy it from them:) The local shop here has 500 reloads for like 180, I wonder if it is any cheaper at the gun show?

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 7:31 PM
You gonna UOC?

Is the Pope Catholic? Fark yeah, dude! I gotta promote the Call to Arms on the 28th!

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 7:33 PM
I can't make it, have to work tonight and tomorrow night.. If anyone wants to pick me up some ammo, I'll buy it from them:) The local shop here has 500 reloads for like 180, I wonder if it is any cheaper at the gun show?

If you promise publicly and on pain of pistol whipping to pay be back, I will pick up ammo for you ;) But seriously, what ammo are you looking for? 500 reloads for 180 sounds like you are looking at .44mag rounds or something of that nature.

cgseanp1
02-06-2009, 8:17 PM
If you promise publicly and on pain of pistol whipping to pay be back, I will pick up ammo for you ;) But seriously, what ammo are you looking for? 500 reloads for 180 sounds like you are looking at .44mag rounds or something of that nature.

.223 of course!! :)

aplinker
02-06-2009, 8:21 PM
Is the Pope Catholic? Fark yeah, dude! I gotta promote the Call to Arms on the 28th!

In the gun show?

Gunaria
02-06-2009, 8:22 PM

Isn't there some weird law about UOC at a gun show?

stphnman20
02-06-2009, 8:22 PM
I'll go with you. If you pick me up! :D

aplinker
02-06-2009, 8:32 PM
Isn't there some weird law about UOC at a gun show?

:yes:

but it's not UOC... it's possession of a gun and the ammo that goes with it.

Was going to check to see if he knew. ;)

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 8:51 PM
:yes:

but it's not UOC... it's possession of a gun and the ammo that goes with it.

Was going to check to see if he knew. ;)

Yeah, I'm aware of it... lame rule but I guess there is nowhere safer than a gun show, even a California one, hehe :)

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 8:58 PM
Come on, SOMEONE has to want to go with me! BTW, this is the Del Mar gun show...

mecam
02-06-2009, 9:04 PM

Take pics and vids. This I gotta see. :thumbsup:

GTR645
02-06-2009, 9:10 PM
Come on, SOMEONE has to want to go with me! BTW, this is the Del Mar gun show...
I'd go with you, but I'm coming from the La Jolla area. Plus, I have quite a few friends tagging along too. :'(

Lateralus
02-06-2009, 9:11 PM
Offer beer if you need a friend.

Axewound
02-06-2009, 9:14 PM
man i would roll, totally with you, i got a free pass. But im rolling to the north county shoot.

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 9:20 PM
man i would roll, totally with you, i got a free pass. But im rolling to the north county shoot.

I would roll to the shoot but I really need ammo and mags for my guns. Might make the next one though. Take pics, please!

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 9:21 PM
I'd go with you, but I'm coming from the La Jolla area. Plus, I have quite a few friends tagging along too. :'(

If you see a blonde guy walking around with a revolver on his hip in a black holster, that is me!

GTR645
02-06-2009, 9:26 PM
If you see a blonde guy walking around with a revolver on his hip in a black holster, that is me!
Unloaded open carry is allowed at Del Mar?? I've always wanted to bring my Ruger 10/22 in so that I could see how it fits with various stocks, but the hard case it comes in is way too cumbersome.

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 9:44 PM
Unloaded open carry is allowed at Del Mar?? I've always wanted to bring my Ruger 10/22 in so that I could see how it fits with various stocks, but the hard case it comes in is way too cumbersome.

You cannot have ammunition on your person for the gun at hand, but yes, UOC is legal at the gun show. I waltzed right in with mine while there and told a bunch of people about UOC, it was great! Cops check all guns at the door and zip strip the action so people can see that it is unloaded/safe and you are good to go.

pullnshoot25
02-06-2009, 9:51 PM
Take pics and vids. This I gotta see. :thumbsup:

You got it! I'll lug my camera along for the occasion.

Axewound
02-07-2009, 7:12 AM
well it looks like i am going to the show today. see you there

pullnshoot25
02-07-2009, 1:40 PM
well it looks like i am going to the show today. see you there

Crapballs, dude! I didn't see you there!

mecam
02-07-2009, 1:45 PM

I'm assuming you are not posting from jail? :)

The Tech-1
02-07-2009, 1:47 PM
so was it crazy there? im at work right now..

Axewound
02-07-2009, 3:01 PM

man i totally cruised it looking for a guy packing heat. i should have gotten your number before hand

i just bought some worthless junk. prices were bad, people were mean, lines were huge. maybe two vendors id actually do business with again. it was depressing. oh and they had SHam wow vendor there, along with tshirts of your favorite dog and life insurance salesmen. thank god it was free for me

pullnshoot25
02-07-2009, 3:08 PM
man i totally cruised it looking for a guy packing heat. i should have gotten your number before hand

i just bought some worthless junk. prices were bad, people were mean, lines were huge. maybe two vendors id actually do business with again. it was depressing. oh and they had SHam wow vendor there, along with tshirts of your favorite dog and life insurance salesmen. thank god it was free for me

Aside from parking it was free for me too. Check the blog, I posted a writeup on it.

pullnshoot25
02-07-2009, 3:09 PM
I'm assuming you are not posting from jail? :)

Nope, not posting from jail! I did get confronted by a douche-nozzle LEO but everything was ok. Check the blog, I did a writeup on it.

GTR645
02-07-2009, 3:13 PM
All I got was ammunition from Miwall Wholesale. Christ, the lines were terrible. :(

pullnshoot25
02-07-2009, 3:16 PM
Got 1,000 9x18, 50 .44mag, 25.44spl, two Ruger MKII mags, 50 .22LR shotshells, one $10 raffle ticket for the Ruger MKIII pistol, one parking pass and a potential rape at the Miwall line.

grammaton76
02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
You got it! I'll lug my camera along for the occasion.

Don't forget the show policy crap on cameras... $10k/still and $100k/min of video, or something like that.

I've seen folks have their cameras confiscated, but not often. I can guarantee though that videotaping LEOs abusing your rights would "conveniently" get noticed by show authority...

pullnshoot25
02-08-2009, 6:59 AM
Don't forget the show policy crap on cameras... $10k/still and $100k/min of video, or something like that.

I've seen folks have their cameras confiscated, but not often. I can guarantee though that videotaping LEOs abusing your rights would "conveniently" get noticed by show authority...

Really? 10k/STILL? Its a FRIGGIN GUN SHOW, a neutered one at that, what is there that is so damned valuable?

I forgot my camera that day but still, that totally sucks and doesn't make sense...

grammaton76
02-08-2009, 7:13 AM
Really? 10k/STILL? Its a FRIGGIN GUN SHOW, a neutered one at that, what is there that is so damned valuable?

I forgot my camera that day but still, that totally sucks and doesn't make sense...

A few theories...

1. They're afraid of media smears run by reporters and such, and this is the best way to keep them from doing just that.

2. If someone decides to "aw-ize" a gun at the show just to show off, that doesn't bode too well for the vendor whose gun it was.

3. Some vendors might be embarrassed if the "super authentic vietnam sniper SKS" or "Korean honor guard chromed SKS", for instance, were photographed and posted.

4. Undercover cops probably would not like to have their faces posted everywhere, especially if they just swooped in on someone.

5. Gun folks often get nervous around cameras. Why let people do something that freaks out 95% of your customers?

Personally, the one picture I keep meaning to take at the show, is a picture of the front booth with the "no pictures" sign so that I can print out a copy, with a circle around the important bits, to show the tourists who don't believe me that the show security guys will confiscate their camera if they see it.

pullnshoot25
02-08-2009, 8:43 AM
A few theories...

1. They're afraid of media smears run by reporters and such, and this is the best way to keep them from doing just that.

2. If someone decides to "aw-ize" a gun at the show just to show off, that doesn't bode too well for the vendor whose gun it was.

3. Some vendors might be embarrassed if the "super authentic vietnam sniper SKS" or "Korean honor guard chromed SKS", for instance, were photographed and posted.

4. Undercover cops probably would not like to have their faces posted everywhere, especially if they just swooped in on someone.

5. Gun folks often get nervous around cameras. Why let people do something that freaks out 95% of your customers?

Personally, the one picture I keep meaning to take at the show, is a picture of the front booth with the "no pictures" sign so that I can print out a copy, with a circle around the important bits, to show the tourists who don't believe me that the show security guys will confiscate their camera if they see it.

Speaking of illegal stuff, someone in there was unknowingly selling 15rd magazines. They looked like BHP mags but I couldn't correctly tell.