PDA

View Full Version : MA DUECE

CavTrooper
02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Hmmm. What part makes the MA DUECE full auto? Is the buttplate/trigger group?

If a person finds an old rusty unsuable buttplate/trigger group (and it is the fulll-auto part) what should they do with it?

Bowser
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
lol

Stockton
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Buttplate and trigger group is all in one piece as you slide it off the receiver so yes you are correct. As far as what do you do with it if a person finds one? Hypothetically you would of course turn it in to your local pd. Logically you would...?????????? Send it to me so I have a spare on my next deployment! ;)

mrkubota
02-06-2009, 1:26 PM
Hmmm. What part makes the MA DUECE full auto? Is the buttplate/trigger group?

If a person finds an old rusty unsuable buttplate/trigger group (and it is the fulll-auto part) what should they do with it?

The backplate only contains the buffer and trigger controls.
The trigger bar that trips the sear is actually attached to the top plate.

There are also side trigger mechanisms that accomplish the same thing. Depends on the original configurations of the host M2.

Army
02-06-2009, 3:15 PM
mrkubota, the backplate also holds the bolt release lever, which in turn controls when the bolt stays to the rear for semi-auto, or is unimpeded for full-auto. With the trigger held down, the sear will trip when the timed bolt is far enough forward for the sear tab to engage the sear arm cam.

M48's have a left side, spring loaded cocking piece that allows the Track Commander to charge the weapon from inside the cupola. The weapon fire controls and backplate (except for removed spade grips) remain the same, with the trigger now manipulated by a solenoid plunger, activated by controls inside the track. The M48 was originally developed for aircraft use before WWII.

I believe semi only M2's have a special disconnect, that disengages the bolt release and trigger bar between each shot. I only speculate on this, as I have never taken a semi only apart.

The Director
02-06-2009, 3:46 PM
Are we back to "a person" finding something again - lol!

5150Marcelo
02-06-2009, 3:49 PM
Actually, you would build it, then set it up behind the FoxPro, and infront of the red light in the middle of the night.:devil2::43::D