PDA

View Full Version : What is FTF ? and a question re: waiting periods

bcDeL
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I saw a for–sale add where the seller states "FTF transactions only" – I found a list of acronyms but FTF wasn't on it.
Another question: when ownership is for a gun is transfered through a dealer, is there still a waiting period?

Any info here is helpful – thanks.

sd_shooter
02-06-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.acronymfinder.com/

bcDeL
02-06-2009, 11:45 AM
thank you

Jicko
02-06-2009, 11:45 AM
FTF = Face to Face...

Waiting period = ALWAYS

I saw a for–sale add where the seller states "FTF transactions only" – I found a list of acronyms but FTF wasn't on it.
Another question: when ownership is for a gun is transfered through a dealer, is there still a waiting period?

ke6guj
02-06-2009, 11:46 AM
FTF means Face-to-Face in this situation.

Yes, if you do the PPT (private party transfer) through a dealer, which you must do, except in limited situations, to be legal. And there is a 10-day wait.

SO, the seller may be saying FTF as in you will meet FTF at the dealer to do a PPT.

CSACANNONEER
02-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Although, from non-FFLs, you can FTF long guns over 50 years old, you need to do all other firearms transactions through a FFL and wait the 10 24 hour periods as required by Ca. law. Until you fully understand the exemptions, assume that all firearms transactions MUST go through a dealer and it is against federal law for you to buy a gun in another state without going through a California FFL.

bcDeL
02-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys.

Turbinator
02-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Looks like your questions have been answered, but let me say welcome to Calguns!

Turby