PDA

View Full Version : Another question about the 2/10 OC meeting

eflatminor
02-06-2009, 9:33 AM
This will be my first time attending this meeting. I plan to have my three minutes to speak. I'm wondering if any audio/visual aids are allowed. Is a stand for flip charts provided? Do you think I might be able to bring my own? I'd love to do a quick PowerPoint presentation but unless they have a LCD projector and screen ready to go, I suspect time wouldn't allow me to set one up. Have you seen other speakers use A/V aids? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect.
Thanks

tango-52
02-06-2009, 3:06 PM
Three minutes is not a lot of time. You would waste it all trying to get the A/V set up and going. If you have some handouts you want to give to the Supervisors, make five copies and give them to the clerk when you go up.

N6ATF
02-06-2009, 3:10 PM
The Chula Vista City Council had a overhead image projector the last time I went there. Basically the same principle as the transparency projector, except the projection is derived from a camera aimed straight down at the desk.

Perhaps they have a similar projector.

SgtBulldog
02-06-2009, 5:41 PM
If you were a speaker that had an item on the agenda, you could do a PowerPoint for the BOS. However, if you are a member of the public, you just get your 3 minutes to speak. There is an overhead available, but you have to mark on your speaker slip that you want to use it. If you are going to have material, make 10 copies for the clerk, not 5.

RomanDad
02-06-2009, 6:17 PM
Yes... You are allowed to use V/As if you need them... But its a MAJOR PITA.

rynando
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
This will be my first time attending this meeting. I plan to have my three minutes to speak. I'm wondering if any audio/visual aids are allowed. Is a stand for flip charts provided? Do you think I might be able to bring my own? I'd love to do a quick PowerPoint presentation but unless they have a LCD projector and screen ready to go, I suspect time wouldn't allow me to set one up. Have you seen other speakers use A/V aids? Just trying to get a feel for what to expect.
Thanks

Believe it or not most municipalities have a policy regarding A/V during meetings. Most city councils/boards/commissions have had to deal with an unhinged individual showing up with a Beta cassette or funky camcorder and proceeding to scream about his first amendment rights being violated because the meeting space doesn't have the necessary playback equipment. Call the county clerk’s office ahead of time and tell them what you’d like to do. Most clerk’s will make sure that (if they can accommodate your media) the appropriate connections will be pre-set for you so as to minimize the disruption during the meeting. You may even be able to submit your PPT ahead of time and have it loaded on a presentation system in the chamber.

R

eflatminor
02-07-2009, 5:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback. BTW, what does BOS stand for?

RomanDad
02-07-2009, 5:33 AM
Board of Supervisors.

U2BassAce
02-07-2009, 12:41 PM
EVERYBODY WE NEED YOU THERE TUESDAY!!!!!!!!! Join us on the front lines of the CCW battle for the state!!!!! :chris:

This is going to be huge!!!!!

All we ask is you show up.

If you want to speak go for it. If you don't want to speak please show up!! If you fall in between and are not sure about speaking. Put in a slip and say simply you oppose the Sheriff's actions and support the previous speakers!!!

EITHER WAY WE NEED YOU ALL THERE!!!!

The only other thing I ask is you dress appropriately (business casual minimum or suit and tie) and respect the Board and the Sheriff. We are taking the high road on this as the opposition flounders in the mud!!!!

TOGETHER WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:80:

Spelunker
02-07-2009, 9:32 PM
Does anyone have a deuce and a half that we could carpool in? That would be sweet to roll up in. I am planning to show up to my first calguns meeting. Whoo hoo.

U2BassAce
02-07-2009, 9:37 PM
Does anyone have a deuce and a half that we could carpool in? That would be sweet to roll up in. I am planning to show up to my first calguns meeting. Whoo hoo.

Rock on!!!!:thumbsup::chris: