View Full Version : Clear plastic gun display stands

02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Ive seen these clear plastic display stands, showing of a handgun on various youtube videos Colt Anaconda and HK P7M8 for example.
They allow the gun to rest upright in a shooting position to be photographed or filmed.
I wouldn't mined a couple myself, but have yet to see any in a gun store.

Does anyone know if you can actually buy these, and if so where can i get them from.

02-06-2009, 4:16 PM
I'd like to know about this as well. This is too important of a subject to be buried on page 2!

02-06-2009, 9:09 PM
Bump this question for friday, anyone?

02-06-2009, 9:25 PM
It's a two-step process to fabricate... laser cut the acrylic sheet, then heat it up and bend it to the L shape. Very simple.

I would call Tap Plastics; they have a location in Pleasant Hill. They do custom fabrication. http://www.tapplastics.com
You'll need to provide them with the measurements.

If you can't find any shop that will do it, send me a PM..

02-06-2009, 9:28 PM
What do they look like? I can make these, if they are what I think they are.

02-06-2009, 9:30 PM
DB2, here's a link:
It's just a piece of laser cut acrylic with one bend in it. :)

02-06-2009, 9:37 PM
DB2, here's a link:

That looks pretty simple. I could easily do that. Just can't cut the slot at the bend. Looks to be about 2" wide. 6" both ways, with about a 70-80 deg. angle.

I'll have to give it a shot.

The trick is polishing the inside of the radius.

02-06-2009, 9:44 PM
You don't need to polish the radius manually. Touch it briefly a torch. The flame melts the acrylic at the surface and makes it as clear as ice.

If you don't want to do that, I can laser cut the blanks for you, once the OP provides dimensions for what he needs. Then you could just bend them. The laser melts all the edges. The part in the video was definitely laser cut..

02-06-2009, 9:55 PM
here are a few

02-06-2009, 9:58 PM
That last one looks similar, but no dimensions are listed... so who knows what pistol would fit?

02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Those could definitely come in handy for photos.

02-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Another version, and a fellow CGN member ricknadine1111

02-06-2009, 10:14 PM
ILL call Tapplastics this week and see how much this would cost, i dont want more than a couple so that could be expensive. Im shocked that they dont have something like this on there website. I think they would sell like hotcakes, who knows this might be there next best sales project.

02-06-2009, 10:45 PM
That aluminum display stand is pretty sweet, but that's an enormous amount of work for something that is just supposed to hold a gun up and not distract the viewer.

Capt. Speirs
02-07-2009, 10:19 AM
DB2, here's a link:

Wow, I was getting aroused there, makes me want to buy one, don't even like wheel guns. I will check with our supplier and see if they have one like the YouTube video. Ours are different; I like the video's much better, looks like it can be flipped for different size gun.

02-07-2009, 9:12 PM
The only thing you need is the dimension from table to under the barrel for each gun.
Thus to keep barrel parallel to the table as you bend it.