PDA

View Full Version : Stupid gun sale C&R question.

gun toting monkeyboy
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Ok, this is more of a legal kind of question than a C&R question. Can a regular person, without a C&R, sell and ship a rifle to a person with a C&R FFL? Can anybody point me to the correct regs either way? It is too late at night and my brain stopped working 2 beers ago.

-Mb

bplvr
02-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Ok, this is more of a legal kind of question than a C&R question. Can a regular person, without a C&R, sell and ship a rifle to a person with a C&R FFL? Can anybody point me to the correct regs either way? It is too late at night and my brain stopped working 2 beers ago.

-Mb

Is this an in state or OOS sale ? Is this a C&R rifle ?

DedEye
02-06-2009, 1:54 AM
To my knowledge, a non-C&R holder can ship to a C&R FFL holder.

5150Marcelo
02-06-2009, 2:21 AM
To my knowledge, a non-C&R holder can ship to a C&R FFL holder.

long guns only... IIRC

DedEye
02-06-2009, 2:31 AM
long guns only... IIRC

Right, forgot that bit :o.

Mssr. Eleganté
02-06-2009, 5:58 AM
Can a regular person, without a C&R, sell and ship a rifle to a person with a C&R FFL?

An unlicensed Californian can sell and ship a C&R long gun or C&R handgun to a C&R FFL in most other States. All other firearms must go to an 01 FFL in the buyer's State.

An unlicensed Californian can sell and ship a C&R long gun that is at least 50 years old to a C&R FFL in California. All other firearms must go through a California 01 FFL.

An unlicensed Californian can sell and ship a C&R long gun that is at least 50 years old to another unlicensed Californian. All other firearms must go through a California 01 FFL.

An unlicensed person from another State can sell and ship a C&R long gun that is at least 50 years old to a C&R FFL in California. All other firearms must go through a California 01 FFL.

Jonathan Doe
02-06-2009, 6:16 AM
An unlicensed Californian can sell and ship a C&R long gun that is at least 50 years old to another unlicensed Californian. All other firearms must go through a California 01 FFL.

I didn't know about this part, shipping part that is.

chiefcrash
02-06-2009, 9:56 AM
I didn't know about this part, shipping part that is.

yep. As long as you're talking about 2 californians and a 50+ year old long gun, you can practically treat it like a steel pipe. Only real legal requirement that I can think of is you can't knowingly transfer a gun to a prohibited person, and I think make sure they're 18+.

bobfried
02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
yep. As long as you're talking about 2 californians and a 50+ year old long gun, you can practically treat it like a steel pipe. Only real legal requirement that I can think of is you can't knowingly transfer a gun to a prohibited person, and I think make sure they're 18+.

Yup, glad someone else on this board knows the law. You can ship crates of M44 Mosin Nagants around California like a wheel of cheese.