PDA

View Full Version : My Super Sniper scope is broken... who do I contact?

andrewj
02-05-2009, 9:24 PM
My relatively new SS10x42M doesnt respond when I try to adjust the side focus knob. My amateur and unqualified diagnosis: warped tube.

So who do I contact?

SWFA, Inc.?
-or-
Super Sniper?

draconianruler
02-05-2009, 9:44 PM
Is there any info on the warranty card or literature that came with it? I forgot what came with mine and I'm at work so can't check for you.

Darklyte27
02-05-2009, 9:45 PM
swfa where you bought it? try them, if not they can tell you..

CavTrooper
02-05-2009, 10:01 PM
The SuperSniper scope is the SWFA house brand of scope, they are the sole retailer of the SS. Send it back to them, theyll square you away.

MrNiceGuy
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
My relatively new SS10x42M doesnt respond when I try to adjust the side focus knob

Mine had that problem.
I discovered the hex screws were loose.
Tightened them up and they start to "click" again.
Not saying this is your problem.
Just something to check.

chsk9
02-06-2009, 12:35 AM
My relatively new SS10x42M doesnt respond when I try to adjust the side focus knob. My amateur and unqualified diagnosis: warped tube.

So who do I contact?

SWFA, Inc.?
-or-
Super Sniper?

trash can? :thumbsup:

high_revs
02-06-2009, 1:13 AM
i had same problem. already removed the covers to see what's up, and then remounted and tightened the hex screws. the elevation know was hella tight. even the windage. the elevation was too tight to a point it won't turn. i sent it to bushnell since they handle warranty/repair work for super sniper, per swfa.

i did buy this 2nd hand. sat in safe for a while. supposedly low round count and fairly new (looked like it from the shape). it's mounted on a larue.. 12 rounds shot only... until i stopped since i can't adjust.

dunno.. i only wanted a simple beginner for now scope that would last a little bit before i bend over for a better one.

jksupplyco
02-06-2009, 6:47 AM
Trade for a SNOWWIS?

Turbinator
02-06-2009, 6:54 AM
Was it warped when you got it, or did it get warped after you tried to torque down your rings too tightly? Just curious.

Turby

freakshow10mm
02-06-2009, 7:12 AM
The SuperSniper scope is the SWFA house brand of scope, they are the sole retailer of the SS. Send it back to them, theyll square you away.
Tasco makes the Super Sniper scope.

dusty
02-06-2009, 8:29 AM
I had an issue with my SS10x42M Super Sniper. The edges of the lense appeared foggy. I bought it used on this forum. I contacted SWFA and they told me that Busnell handles all the warranty work on the scope. I contacted Busnell and the told me to send it in. I have not hade time to send it in yet though

CavTrooper
02-06-2009, 8:42 AM

Yup, and SWFA is the sole retailer, like I stated in my first post.

All returns and warranty work Ive seen go through SWFA, not Tasco.

ohsmily
02-06-2009, 9:23 AM
I don't think Tasco makes them anymore. I believe it is another company (Hakko?) It used to be the Tasco Super Sniper. Not sure who makes them now.

Solidsnake87
02-06-2009, 10:06 AM

Tasco USED to make the scope. When they originally made it to compete for a military contract it was an amazing optic--when they lost the contract QC went to hell. SWFA bought to design and manufacture them to original specs.

Darklyte27
02-06-2009, 10:10 AM
When did the new company take over?

anyways I bought one new from SWFA directly. Its still serving me fine.
Thats the bad part about buying 2nd hand, people could have damaged it and try to pass it on without telling you.

andrewj
02-06-2009, 1:19 PM
Trade for a SNOWWIS?

No thanks, I just sold one on gunbroker.

Was it warped when you got it, or did it get warped after you tried to torque down your rings too tightly? Just curious.

Turby

Most likely from torquing the rings too tightly but no guarantee.

Is there any info on the warranty card or literature that came with it? I forgot what came with mine and I'm at work so can't check for you.

Im currently looking for the warranty info :o

Mine had that problem.
I discovered the hex screws were loose.
Tightened them up and they start to "click" again.
Not saying this is your problem.
Just something to check.

I fiddled around with the set screw; no luck