PDA

View Full Version : do you think the frenzy is leveling off?

freonr22
02-04-2009, 2:06 PM
from midway's site

fallfornoone
02-04-2009, 2:16 PM
haha
yea i got that yesterday

SwissFluCase
02-04-2009, 2:16 PM
I expect the frenzy to last at least as long as Obama is in office. The Clinton years was one long frenzy...

Regards,

SwissFluCase

stphnman20
02-04-2009, 2:17 PM
Hell nah!! I think it's only begun... But i'll give it maybe 2 years till things die down a BIT..

audihenry
02-04-2009, 2:23 PM
If only P.T. Barnum were around...

Ironchef
02-04-2009, 2:23 PM
Is the frenzy gone on Calguns? No, Rayra just posted more "sky is falling" content..and tomorrow someone else will despite reminder after reminder that we know about the bills that are presented regularly and failed, etc. etc..ad naseum, etc.

So if Calguns is not frenzy proof...you can just imagine other gun-rights communities (outside of CA) that don't have the fine balance we have and their commitment to frenzy for frenzy's sake.

Darklyte27
02-04-2009, 2:29 PM
budsgunshop is having more guns in stock.. so yes

MudCamper
02-04-2009, 2:46 PM
My guess is in 2 years, there will be no new anti-gun legislation passed, a new presidential election cycle beginning (which will end any prospects for new anti-gun legislation for the next 2 years), and we'll have a huge glut of supply. Stag lowers will be selling in these forums for 50 to 75 bucks.

Mike's Custom
02-04-2009, 2:58 PM
Only just begun... Plus, as long as there is a shortage of firearms to sell that people want the frenzy will remain. I ahve people buying almost anything the can until they can get that Glock or XD or otehr handgun that is in short supply, which is most everything.

p7m8jg
02-04-2009, 3:12 PM
Who cares?

Buy what you can afford now, nobody is getting any younger!

DPC
02-04-2009, 4:06 PM
Went by Turners Pasadena a coulpe days ago and they were pretty cleaned out thier purchase agents are pretty sorry anyway!!!

vf111
02-04-2009, 4:08 PM
I dropped by Cordova Shooting Center in Rancho Cordova Sunday and their 1911's & Glocks were pretty well wiped out. Still had HK's & Sig's though and a couple of DSA CaliFals, Mini-14's and an Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine.

Dr Rockso
02-04-2009, 4:55 PM
I just bought a Stag-15 from DD's Ranch at MSRP. Granted they only had a couple and they didn't last long at all, but a few weeks ago there weren't ARs anywhere as far as I could tell (except the asinine scalpers prices on GB, etc).

Black_Talon
02-04-2009, 5:01 PM
Midway's server's been pretty jacked up for a while now. I've been getting that (and many other) sort of error quite often over the past year or two. Believe it or not, it's actually improved over the past few months!

Thumper
02-04-2009, 5:03 PM
I had Midway's site become non-responsive a few times for me today at home. I tried a bit later and it was working, I've noticed that sometimes my wishlist isn't functioning properly, but it does come back eventually. I am just tired of seeing things say out of stock on there lol.

jon.

AlliedArmory
02-04-2009, 5:19 PM
supply is starting to catch up, but prices will remain high as long as people are buying

The SoCal Gunner
02-04-2009, 5:35 PM
No, I already bought two guns this year.

Boatz
02-04-2009, 6:16 PM
I think we are all outta money now.

sorensen440
02-04-2009, 6:19 PM
Midways site has always sucked

Stores are regaining inventory and dropping prices from what I can see

Gator Monroe
02-04-2009, 6:21 PM
My guess is in 2 years, there will be no new anti-gun legislation passed, a new presidential election cycle beginning (which will end any prospects for new anti-gun legislation for the next 2 years), and we'll have a huge glut of supply. Stag lowers will be selling in these forums for 50 to 75 bucks.

And the GOP will win back 2 of the three (Pres,House,Senate) after thatI suppose ?:eek:

audihenry
02-04-2009, 7:28 PM
It's a case of panic feeding frenzy and continuing like that. When the people who bought stuff at ridiculous prices realize that they need to pay the bills rather than prepare for when SHTF, combined with the stores stocking stuff, there will be a massive supply and little demand, and prices will fall.

It can't and won't continue at this ridiculous pace.

Richy
02-04-2009, 7:34 PM
I don't know about frenzy, my purchases haven't increased at all, this month I've only bought:
Another 4 Saiga 12's
Another 2 FS2000's
Another Sig556 Swat
Another PS90
Another MSAR 556

It's a bad habit.

No OLL's though, can't seem to find any I want to pay for.

juicy
02-04-2009, 10:36 PM
MAYTAG DISHWASHER

JTROKS
02-05-2009, 5:51 AM
Haven't really bought much this year. What's funny is, there are so many OLLs being sold at gouged prices, but people are still buying. Supply will catch up, if the next batch doesn't fill the stomach of frenzied sharks then maybe something may just be up. I may need to stock on ammo.

mecam
02-05-2009, 6:15 AM
Give it another TWO WEEKS....

dustoff31
02-05-2009, 6:46 AM
I don't know if the frenzy is over. Have prices doubled yet?

Certainly the election had a lot to do with this, but where have we seen this drill before?

Prices go up due to shortage of product. They stay are elevated prices until people accept them. Then supply "improves", prices go down a little but still over 50% higher than before and everyone is happly because now it costs less than last week.

mecam
02-05-2009, 6:57 AM
I don't know if the frenzy is over. Have prices doubled yet?

Certainly the election had a lot to do with this, but where have we seen this drill before?

Prices go up due to shortage of product. They stay are elevated prices until people accept them. Then supply "improves", prices go down a little but still over 50% higher than before and everyone is happly because now it costs less than last week.

Just like GAS.

Adonlude
02-05-2009, 8:14 AM
Leveling off, absolutely. Firearm prices have stopped increasing and have leveled firmly at 2x the price they used to be.

maxicon
02-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Still, whenever someone posts BCGs or LPKs in stock somewhere, they're sold out within hours.

freonr22
02-05-2009, 10:41 AM
i ordered a press the other day, it was the only one in stock in the country (of that model) and was in stock for less than 12 hours

Dirtbiker
02-05-2009, 3:11 PM
People talk about a guns buying frenzy, I have seen my share but not on everything. Black rifles are about the only thing that have gone out of control. I've seen stuff on GB priced reasonably go unsold.

Parts kits $
AKs, ARs $
Ammo $

I've seen two beautiful early M1As (USGI) sell for around the $1500 mark and take a few days to sell. There was a CMP special Garand that sold for less than retail around Christmas so there are deals to be had.

Full Clip
02-05-2009, 3:20 PM
It will happen in waves or steps...
Each person has a threshold for panic.
Some got freaked when it looked like BO would win, more when he won, more when he took office, a few more when he named his attorney general and other key staffers, and more will turn after Ginsberg steps down and he installs a new, vocally anti-2A justice to the SCOTUS... etc., etc.

...so there are deals to be had.

Because the economy sucks and people need cash. No other reason.

Ford8N
02-05-2009, 4:23 PM
There was a CMP special Garand that sold for less than retail around Christmas so there are deals to be had.

I saw a nice CMP Garand at the Ventura for $850, I don't know if that was good or not.