PDA

View Full Version : Crooks can correctly hypothesize . . .

Tarn_Helm
02-04-2009, 8:10 AM
This is what happens when criminals can rationally hypothesize the probability that any or all potential victims will be unarmed and perfect for victimization.
An unarmed populace is no deterrent to violent crime.

Winnetka man held in armed robbery spree (http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11622030)

Updated: 02/03/2009 09:29:12 PM PST http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_11622030

"NORTH HOLLYWOOD - Police have arrested a Winnetka man and are searching for his partner in a brazen 12-hour crime spree in which the two are suspected of robbing 13 businesses across the San Fernando Valley at gunpoint. . . ."

If an armed society is a polite society, then a disarmed society is flock of sheep menaced by wolves.:beatdeadhorse5:

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. [Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml ]

CitaDeL
02-04-2009, 9:50 AM
An unarmed populace is no deterrent to violent crime.

QFT-

These criminals were able target an obscene number of businesses before being apprehended. Police cannot be on every street corner and cannot stand guard at every door. It is then prudent for individuals and businesses to take steps to protect themselves from criminals who arm themselves in defiance of laws prohibiting possession or carry of firearms. I would add that a concealed weapon is not a deterrent until presented for use.

yellowfin
02-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Wait a minute. The article says he targeted businesses. The owners and employees could have been armed inside their place of business, but apparently didn't know they could and/or chose not to. That's one thing that really hacks me off about the intended effects of anti RKBA laws and groups, that they even further deter people from making the choices available to them. They instill voluntary helplessness to multiply the mandatory.

Sutcliffe
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Send it to every police chief or sheriff that has abused 'May Issue' CCW for their own polictial benefit and DARE them to have the balls to post it in their stations reception area or on the wall behind their desk.

Liberty1
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
All most ALL large and small businesses prohibit or don't encourage their employees to carry. Think any fast food chain, Pizza Hut, 7-11, Petco etc...

The only businesses that are in the criminal eradication business are small mom and pop stores (I like responding to those calls :thumbsup:).

DDT
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
All most ALL large and small businesses prohibit or don't encourage their employees to carry. Think any fast food chain, Pizza Hut, 7-11, Petco etc...

The last company I worked for hired a consultant to put together an "employee handbook" once we were up to 20 people. Naturally, one of the rules was no firearms at work. You should have seen the blood drain out of his face when I asked if they were acceptable locked in my car in the parking lot. You'd think he'd never seen a gun before in his life.

Liberty1
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
...I guess he got tired of waiting outside Home Depo... Vargas is being held on $400,000 bail. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has also placed an immigration hold on him, according to the LAPD.

DDT
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
...I guess he got tired of waiting outside Home Depo...

It could be worse. In Laguna Beach they have a special parking lot and you get to pay a city employee a fee so that you can hire a worker they KNOW is illegally in the country.

Cypren
02-04-2009, 1:08 PM
It could be worse. In Laguna Beach they have a special parking lot and you get to pay a city employee a fee so that you can hire a worker they KNOW is illegally in the country.

It's only a crime when politicians aren't getting their cut.