PDA

View Full Version : Turners Sale

ljdouglas
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I guess their sale is doing pretty well. I just stopped by Turners Redondo and they have very little inventory.

There is, however, a pretty nifty pink Cricket that I have my eye on.

Kingofthehill
02-03-2009, 3:46 PM
I was just at Turners Pasadena... EMPTY..

3 "Tatical" style guns in 1 case
6-7 "1911" style guns in the other
8 or so revolvers
2-3 in the .22 case

And expensive ammo :( and their computer crashed so i had to go elsewhere to do the PPT on my new Springfield 1911

JOe

mike100
02-03-2009, 4:34 PM
The display cases at Turners in San Marcos look like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard. The expensive places still have a wide selection of the major makes though.

9 out of 10 people won't pay more knowing another store sells cheaper...They will probably do without this year.

eflatminor
02-03-2009, 4:39 PM
I think they're getting ready to close the business. The store in Chino Hills is also empty of inventory. They've permentently shut down their fine gun room and gotten rid of all reloading gear. The pistol shelves were 75% empty. Everything else has been left unorganized and as the inventory dwindles, it's not replaced. I asked about a Remington 700, a fairly common rifle model in .223. They had nothing in any of the stores in CA and had no plans for ordering. I think they're getting ready to close shop. Odd given the recent "surge" in gun purchases.

Shawn L
02-03-2009, 4:44 PM
Turners in Corona also had a very low supply of handguns and ammo.

Echidin
02-03-2009, 5:08 PM
Turners in Corona also had a very supply of handguns and ammo.

I was there a little earlier today. They had plenty of long guns, but very handgun selections in the cases. If I remember correctly, there were two Glocks, a couple XD's, some S&W and Ruger revolvers and a Kahr.

wernst
02-03-2009, 5:48 PM
Turners in Long Beach/Signal Hill had only had about 20% of the handguns I remember seeing there in October...

-Warr

5150Marcelo
02-03-2009, 5:51 PM
I got a 50 dollar Briley extended choke from Turners in Orange for my Benelli for 19.99! Score!

rcfb73
02-03-2009, 5:52 PM
ive checked in with the chino hills location every now and then...very thin inventory. barely any cleaning supplies, handgun case is almost empty...went looking to fondle an sythetic 870 and they didnt even have one of those. ive read the rumor before (i think here) that turners will be closing up shop...sad to see them go if this is true(ive had very good luck at turners)

anyone check out the west covina store lately?

darksands
02-03-2009, 6:14 PM
WC store is also low on stock. I purchase the last XD40 service and haven't seen a new one in there since. I know they had inventory but it gets cleaned out so fast.

caduckgunner
02-03-2009, 6:22 PM
Paging calguns Turners employees.

HCz
02-03-2009, 7:02 PM
Not surprising as people have been buying guns. Seems like other shops also are getting low in inventory. Even the distributors are having hard time IIRC.

glockman19
02-03-2009, 7:13 PM
The display cases at Turners in San Marcos look like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard.

I said the exact same thing to the guys and gal working at the Reseda Store.

They have had very little inventory since the election.

jmarti2913
02-03-2009, 7:16 PM
Fountain Valley's empty and unorganized. I agree, they're probably staging for a chapter 11.

RedDawn
02-03-2009, 7:16 PM
Yep, people picking up guns just to have in case SHTF. Two people next to me at the West covina Turners were picking up handguns and stated they were simply going to shoot their handguns at the range one time and put it away in the closet for an emergency.

HeyZeus
02-03-2009, 7:45 PM
Turners is just having a hard time getting inventory just like most everyone else. Obama is a great gun sales man.

rayra
02-03-2009, 8:19 PM
I think they're getting ready to close the business. The store in Chino Hills is also empty of inventory. They've permentently shut down their fine gun room and gotten rid of all reloading gear. The pistol shelves were 75% empty. Everything else has been left unorganized and as the inventory dwindles, it's not replaced. I asked about a Remington 700, a fairly common rifle model in .223. They had nothing in any of the stores in CA and had no plans for ordering. I think they're getting ready to close shop. Odd given the recent "surge" in gun purchases.

That recent 'surge' in gun purchases is what's stripped their inventory, their warehouse, the entire distribution chain of nearly all things semi-auto. They aren't going out of business.

/and they have a new sale ad every week. ALWAYS have, for 20yrs+

Hans Gruber
02-03-2009, 8:23 PM
Idiots. That recent 'surge' in gun purchases is what's stripped their inventory, their warehouse, the entire distribution chain of nearly all things semi-auto. They aren't going out of business.

/and they have a new sale ad every week. ALWAYS have, for 20yrs+

Yeap, I check their circular on their website every week to see if anything piques my interest. Usually not though, prices aren't the greatest. Really, saving $20 on an $800 rifle isn't much of a sale.

Yet, I still check it every week :)

RedDawn
02-03-2009, 8:25 PM
I do too, on the off chance there is something worth buying.

Yeap, I check their circular on their website every week to see if anything piques my interest. Usually not though, prices aren't the greatest. Really, saving $20 on an $800 rifle isn't much of a sale.

Yet, I still check it every week :)

What Just Happened?
02-03-2009, 8:54 PM
Yup. That's how I found out they had RIA 1911's in stock.

Millions-Knives
02-03-2009, 9:15 PM
Stopped by Turners Pasadena after my Utah CCW class in San Dimas. They had two glocks, 21 and 27. Picked up the last 27 in store that day.

The SoCal Gunner
02-03-2009, 9:20 PM
They have good sales now and then. The current deals are the Sig 226st and the Sig P220 carry SAO. The Christmas before last they had a great deal on the Sig Pros.

foureyes
02-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Turners San Marcos was cleaned out by Christmas. Only a few X-frame S&W revolvers didn't sell. The rifles have been about 2/3 restocked, but still no handguns.

pullnshoot25
02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
I was just at Turners Pasadena... EMPTY..

3 "Tatical" style guns in 1 case
6-7 "1911" style guns in the other
8 or so revolvers
2-3 in the .22 case

And expensive ammo :( and their computer crashed so i had to go elsewhere to do the PPT on my new Springfield 1911

JOe

Same here for the Turners in SM. Word has it from an employee there that more guns have been sold chainwide in the last 3 months than in the last 20 years. Guns are literally sprouting wings and FLYING off the shelves!

Axewound
02-03-2009, 11:17 PM
i was just at the turners in San Marcos today. the place was dead.

they had nothing i needed or wanted. it seems that particular location is also letting go employees. always less and less everytime i go there

eflatminor
02-04-2009, 7:06 AM
I was in Martin B Redding in Culver City and their inventory was stocked to brim (picked up a new Nighthawk Custom .45!). If Turner's isn't going out of business, why is their inventory so low? Redding's got cleaned out too with the 'surge' but quickly restocked. Why should it be different with Turners unless they're planning to close?

caduckgunner
02-04-2009, 7:35 AM
I was in Martin B Redding in Culver City and their inventory was stocked to brim (picked up a new Nighthawk Custom .45!). If Turner's isn't going out of business, why is their inventory so low? Redding's got cleaned out too with the 'surge' but quickly restocked. Why should it be different with Turners unless they're planning to close?

Watch what you say, you me called an "Idiot" by people on here for thinking that.;)

LDBennett
02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I seriously doubt Turner is closing.

What your are seeing is the "OBAMA INFLUENCE" on things "gun". Every retailer, wholesaler, and garage gun shop just can't get anything gun related from wholesalers, manufacturers and suppliers. We, the gun folks, are buying up everything in anticipation of the DEM controlled Congress and OBAMA passing laws that will limit all gun sales, ammo sales, and reloading component sales. Having an anti-gunner for a US Attorney General is not very settling to gun owners either.

What might happen is the gun stores could get hurt, eventually, when they have nothing to sell but they have been making a killing up to now. As this crazy rush on gun stores has continued, the prices have drastically risen at some gun stores so it will be some time before the gun businesses are going to get hurt even without merchandise to sell.

I order 10,000 primers from a wholesaler and wanted Winchester (although that mattered little as virtually none were available in any brand) and some parts of the order are on a 6 month back order. Take a look at any reloading supplies dealer in the USA and you will see everything is on back order (the Midway web page is a prime example).

Its a seller's market. If you have any gun that you have been wanting to sell then NOW is the time to get maximum dollar for it.

It all stinks for those of us that have been buying guns and gun products all along! Oh well. But I guess we can easily blame the idiots that voted for the DEM's and OBAMA! We got CHANGE alright, for the worst. Wait till the pork ladden OBAMA Stimulus Bill doesn't work and America starts to fail economically. You may need those guns just to get food.

LDBennett

Greg-Dawg
02-04-2009, 10:35 AM
The only thing they're "closing" are additional work hours for their employees. Just look at the rate of lay offs here in the USA (plus Japan laid off tons of Panasonic employees recently).

They'll still be around...unless Calgunners keep bashing them as usual.

Gunaria
02-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Don't you all just love this love/hate relationship with Turners.:rolleyes:

360PA
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Turners Kearny Mesa has very little on the shelves as well, its a nationwide phenom, don't be shocked that even Turners with their not so competitive pricing is out of stuff.

jrau13
02-04-2009, 6:13 PM
Like said before I check there ads every week for deals. Always fun, even if I don't buy.

LDBennett
02-05-2009, 3:21 AM
Turners deserves the hate part. I have never been in a gun store in over 20 years of active gun sporting with such a bunch of unfriendly, arroganant, scared to death of the management people. My last experience with them was just that ...the last. I'll do my shopping on the internet and with the two gun stores that like me and my business, not Turnners. Hey, but that's just me and you may be different.

I also will not do any more business with the local guy either. He lied to me multiple times about all sorts of things and sold a pristine High Standard pistol right out frorm under me. His "buddy" got it instead of me, a customer that had bought several guns from him.

Since its my money, I will pick and choose who I give it to and it won't be Turners or the local guy.

LDBennett

50CalAL
02-05-2009, 3:33 AM
Don't you all just love this love/hate relationship with Turners.:rolleyes:
+1 Try not to go there unless I have no other choice or they have a really, really good deal.