PDA

View Full Version : Jason Davis has moved

hoffmang
02-03-2009, 11:17 AM
All,

Jason has quite amicably moved on to a new law firm. His new firm focuses on Auto Industry issues in California, but he will remain of counsel to TMLLP and is going to continue to be the major firearms resource that he has always been on California topics.

You can reach him now at:
jsndavis@gmail.com
949-310-0817

-Gene

ldivinag
02-03-2009, 1:11 PM
who's second in command at TMLLP for 2nd amendment issues now?

artherd
02-03-2009, 1:23 PM
Just wanted to publicly wish Jason good luck with his new ventures. He will always be one of my top go-to people for 2A issues, and a good friend to boot.

Best of luck on this new chapter in your life!

Best!
-Ben.

Soldier415
02-03-2009, 1:25 PM
Best of luck Jason! Thanks for everything you have done, and i'm sure will continue to do.

hoffmang
02-03-2009, 1:34 PM
who's second in command at TMLLP for 2nd amendment issues now?

Clint on the firearms side and Joe Silvoso remains on the defense side.

-Gene

RomanDad
02-03-2009, 2:07 PM
Ive spoken to Jason many times over the last couple of months.... I count him as a colleague and an allie and I wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors. :thumbsup:

JasonDavis
02-03-2009, 2:20 PM
Thanks guys! Note however, I am not dead, just at a different firm. Still plan on doing what I can for the movement.

Lex Arma
02-03-2009, 4:26 PM
With any luck, you won't need any luck. :cool:

Huh?

Liberty1
02-03-2009, 4:39 PM
Thanks guys! Note however, I am not dead, just at a different firm. Still plan on doing what I can for the movement.

Thanks for all of your hard work! You should have your own firm! Better yet, post Nordyke I hope we are able to put some attorneys on Staff at CGF :D

RRangel
02-03-2009, 5:15 PM

Your services are much appreciated, and good luck at the new firm. :thumbsup:

hoffmang
02-03-2009, 5:54 PM
I hope we are able to put some attorneys on Staff at CGF :D

Well, one thing is sure. Jason will end up working for CGF here and there.

-Gene

Loner
02-03-2009, 8:46 PM
Any chance of destroying the insane cat converter laws in this state?

bwiese
02-03-2009, 9:03 PM
Any chance of destroying the insane cat converter laws in this state?

Why are they insane? Cats, in combination with EFI, actually work and vastly reduce smog. They're not that expensive.

There's zero chance of changing relevant law, and with the way the political currents are running, the Feds will likely adopt CA auto mfg emissions standards - so likely there won't be new separate '49 state and CA cars', just 50 state cars.

Loner
02-03-2009, 9:40 PM
Why are they insane? Cats, in combination with EFI, actually work and vastly reduce smog. They're not that expensive.

There's zero chance of changing relevant law, and with the way the political currents are running, the Feds will likely adopt CA auto mfg emissions standards - so likely there won't be new separate '49 state and CA cars', just 50 state cars.
True, however, they have made conditions similar to what is now with guns. In that manufacturers must submit CA-approved cats for all vehicles, even those that are pre-OBDII. This has caused some manufacturers like Eastern Catalytic to not ship anything to CA.

laguns
02-03-2009, 9:52 PM
Those of us who have spent time with Jason know he's one of the best, and will do well where ever he is.

Jason, I wish you all the best in your new position. If there is anything I can ever do for you just call.

Ted

groovielou
02-03-2009, 9:54 PM
Hey Jason! Good luck with the new position.

Lou

oaklander
02-03-2009, 9:56 PM

Best wishes on your new endeavor!

JasonDavis
02-03-2009, 9:59 PM
Thanks Ted . . . Keep me up to date on your case too. And Lou, really good to see you here!

bwiese
02-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, best of luck to Jason. I know he'll still be 'in the fight', he'll just be adding some more agencies to his workload :)

hoffmang
02-03-2009, 10:30 PM
he'll just be adding some more agencies to his workload :)

I almost feel sorry for the agencies...

-Gene

DedEye
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Keep up the fight Jason :).

ivanimal
02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Jason, thank you for all you have done for us and will do for us. I dont need to say this but we are all in your debt!

jmlivingston
02-04-2009, 7:09 AM
Congrats, Good Luck, and Best Wishes! Thank you Jason for all you've done supporting our 2nd Amendment rights here in California.

I think this is exceptionally good news. This gives us one more firm with firearms expertise that can be called upon to not only go after the DoJ and their overbearing ways but can also fight our unjust laws. Basically, I think our resources have just increased. :)

John

laguns
02-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I see it as more of a calling than a case, but I'll keep you informed Jason.