PDA

View Full Version : Prop 11 Redistricting Implementation email

chunger
02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Hello,

Didn't see this posted here, so I thought I'd pass it along. . . sorry if it's a re-post. I'm wondering if there are any worthwhile action items along the lines of prop 11.

===============================

Dear Proposition 11 Supporter:

The first steps toward Prop. 11 implementation are underway! If you are interested in being a part of this effort, here are a couple of things you can do right away:

* If you would like to be a part of implementing redistricting reform in California or even just monitor it, please sign up for the State Auditor’s “Interested Persons” email list. Contact Barbara Paget at barbarap@bsa.ca.gov, or reply to this email and we’ll forward your name and email to them.

* Whether or not you attend a hearing, please consider providing written comments on how you think the state should structure the commission selection process, including strategies for publicizing the commission application period, building awareness for what serving on the commission will require, identifying the most qualified candidates, and vetting candidates. You can find details of what the State Auditor is looking for by clicking here: http://www.bsa.ca.gov/pdfs/other/prop_11_notice_20090112.pdf

Are you interested in serving on the independent citizens' commission yourself, or helping in other ways? California Forward is developing a comprehensive action plan over the next several weeks to identify steps we need to be taking to have a successful new system. What we need most of all are qualified voters to get involved. If you or your organization is in a position to help with any part of this process, or if you want to apply for the commission yourself, please contact me at mkopell@caforward.org.

Thanks very much,

Malka Kopell
Malka R. Kopell
Redistricting Implementation Project Director
California Forward
Our State, Our Solutions, Our Future
300 Montgomery Street, Suite 638
San Francisco, CA 94104

ofc - 415.362.9650 cell - 415.225.5726
mkopell@caforward.org
www.caforward.org

tenpercentfirearms
02-03-2009, 5:37 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. Thanks for the update.

blackbox
02-03-2009, 6:40 AM
Yeah, thanks for posting. Sent them mail. This prop is a huge deal, and is IMHO our best hope for long-term change in CA.

SwissFluCase
02-03-2009, 8:52 AM
A lot of this went over my head. What can I do to help, and what should I do to help?

Thanks,

SwissFluCase

shooting4life
02-03-2009, 9:54 AM
This prop is a huge deal, and is IMHO our best hope for long-term change in CA.

this