PDA

View Full Version : FN FAL DSA

ADAM
02-02-2009, 9:40 PM
good evening calgunners. today i came across fn fal made by dsa, asking price was 1500.00. i know nothing about fn fals, is this a good brand ?is it good price? need your feedback please. love the way this fn looked it is new i think

ohsmily
02-02-2009, 9:43 PM
what model was it?

Was it an STG58 or an SA58?

If it was an SA58, then regardless of config, it is a good price. If it is an STG58, it is probably a mediocre price.

DSA makes excellent FALs

BTW, is isn't an FN FAL if DSA makes it. It is a DSA FAL.

ADAM
02-02-2009, 9:44 PM
it is sa58

NSR500
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Buy it!

ADAM
02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
mg was locked how do you put bullet button or can you

wash
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for.

DSA's all have a nice receiver. Some might need a little tweaking but generally they are as good as anything you can find.

The parts are another story. DSA makes an inexpensive model that uses parts from demilled Austrian FAL's. Most of the parts they use are excelent. They bought a whole bunch of nice parts kits when they were evidently dirt cheap. DSA's more expensive model uses more new U.S. made parts, and some of them depart from the origional design quite a bit, like their aluminum lower. These U.S. parts are fine as far as I can tell but they probably are functionally no better than the Austrian parts.

I believe the more expensive DSA's have a new U.S. barrel. This could potentially make it more accurate, but the FAL is a main battle rifle, it's not designed for sniping, it can have good accuracy but usually not great.

I can't help on pricing, I bought all my FAL stuff a while ago.

I don't think their expensive model was worth the premium. If you like the history of the FAL, a replica is the way to go. DSA made some nice replicas but honestly they screwed up a lot of the details, I think their G1 replicas used to have a threaded on flash hider instead of the quick release flash hider that it should have had. You could buy a kit and a receiver and make a much more accurate replica.

My first semi-auto rifle was a M1 Garand. It was made by CAI. I didn't know it when I bought the rifle but CAI has a bad reputation for some of their products. Now I kind of regret the purchase. With DSA you should not have regret based on quality.

One more thing, a DSA Para FAL lower is not as good as an Imbel, Argentine or FN Para FAL lower. The DSA is mostly aluminum, the others have more steel and they generally lock up tighter when they are new. The price and availability of the DSA may be better than new imports but those Imbels are nice.

NSR500
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
mg was locked how do you put bullet button or can you

If it is factory DSA locked it is with a set screw. You'd top load it, do check if it has a different top cover.
If it was not locked by DSA it might have the drickel lock. If so, you'd use a tool to remove the magazine.

HeyZeus
02-03-2009, 3:55 AM
I love mine. They are great guns, some of the best Fal's Available. Enterprise makes a decent one as well and will save you some money.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/pbcHeyZeus/100_0883.jpg