PDA

View Full Version : New guy from San Diego with a couple of quick questions!

Reptilian Rob
02-02-2009, 7:01 PM
I've been a long time lurker of this site, and from what I've garnered it's absolutely wonderful! I hope to become a long time member and brush up my firearm knowledge.

I do have a quick question. I want to purchase a California legal AR-15, but in spite of the recent legal action president Obama is proposing some questions have arose.

1. If I buy a California Legal Ar-15 now, and the Assault Weapons ban is passed in the future, will I still be able to own my AR-15?

2. Where is the best place in San Diego (from your experience) to buy a California Legal AR-15? I just need a shop who will be willing to help me along the process and give helpful information and tips.

Thank you so much.

ke6guj
02-02-2009, 7:06 PM
I do have a quick question. I want to purchase a California legal AR-15, but in spite of the recent legal action president Obama is proposing some questions have arose.

1. If I buy a California Legal Ar-15 now, and the Assault Weapons ban is passed in the future, will I still be able to own my AR-15?
Nobody can say what a future ban may entail until a ban goes through the legislative process and is ready to be signed.

Reptilian Rob
02-02-2009, 7:13 PM
Nobody can say what a future ban may entail until a ban goes through the legislative process and is ready to be signed.

That's what I thought, just wanted to clarify.

Thanks!

Linh
02-02-2009, 7:25 PM
I would do a search for FFL dealer on this site and you'll have a list of them and then you should do an online search of what you want then order it through one of the listed FFL dealer.

Reptilian Rob
02-02-2009, 7:48 PM
I would do a search for FFL dealer on this site and you'll have a list of them and then you should do an online search of what you want then order it through one of the listed FFL dealer.

Thanks, I'll go ahead an do that sometime this week!

Linh
02-02-2009, 8:17 PM
Only took a sec.

Read these two thread, then search if needed then ask all the question you want.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56576&highlight=ffl+dealer

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=63050&highlight=ffl+dealer

B.D.Dubloon
02-02-2009, 8:20 PM
I've been a long time lurker of this site, and from what I've garnered it's absolutely wonderful! I hope to become a long time member and brush up my firearm knowledge.

2. Where is the best place in San Diego (from your experience) to buy a California Legal AR-15? I just need a shop who will be willing to help me along the process and give helpful information and tips.

Thank you so much.

Most likely any one who owns a rifle which ends up getting banned will be allowed to keep them, similar to how some people have hicap mags or .50 caliber rifles.

BDD

jcruzer619
02-02-2009, 8:29 PM
Where is the best place in San Diego (from your experience) to buy a California Legal AR-15? I just need a shop who will be willing to help me along the process and give helpful information and tips.

Thank you so much.

There's a ton of helpful information here in the OLL Assembly Guide, and other links, including those from the sponsoring vendors. You can also see what options may be available from going to the Crossroads Gun Show this weekend at Del Mar. I wouldn't expect to see fantastic prices with our current state of firearm affairs, but i'm sure there will be a few vendors with AR's for sale.

As for an OLL friendly FFL in San Diego, Don Gussler is the man. Here's a link to his info: http://getffl.com/Gusslers.htm In fact, he's usually at these shows too. Best of luck to you Reptilian Rob!

Turbinator
02-02-2009, 9:30 PM
Rob, welcome to Calguns, hope you enjoy your stay!

Turby

AEC1
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Royal Loan on El Cajon Blvd will sell you a OLL, the rest can be mail ordered from any vendor nation wide. Fact is Sat they still had a few available...

Reptilian Rob
02-03-2009, 3:00 PM
There's a ton of helpful information here in the OLL Assembly Guide, and other links, including those from the sponsoring vendors. You can also see what options may be available from going to the Crossroads Gun Show this weekend at Del Mar. I wouldn't expect to see fantastic prices with our current state of firearm affairs, but i'm sure there will be a few vendors with AR's for sale.

As for an OLL friendly FFL in San Diego, Don Gussler is the man. Here's a link to his info: http://getffl.com/Gusslers.htm In fact, he's usually at these shows too. Best of luck to you Reptilian Rob!
Hey thanks!

I found a Stag arms AR-15 that is CA legal at http://www.lanworldinc.com/Stag.htm# but the waiting period is 20 weeks.......