PDA

View Full Version : NRA Life Memberships (UPDATE: See page 7)

plm61
02-02-2009, 5:27 PM
Back in December there was a thread that started regarding how current NRA Life Members could sponsor new Life Members for $300. A couple of CGN/NRA members stepped up to the plate and sponsored a number of us.

blackerg sponsored me and a handful of others and I just got my Life Membership packet in the mail today. Thanks to blackberg (and others who sponsored folks) for the help in contributing to the cause.

The next time this opportunity comes up, I'll sponsor new Life Members myself.

Updated 3/6/09: See my post on page seven for the most current details.

Hunter
02-02-2009, 7:15 PM
...The next time this opportunity comes up, I'll sponsor new Life Members myself.

Let me be the first to say thank you! This is exactly what needs to happen. I hope everyone that has joined this way, does indeed help pass on the good fortune when they get a chance. Biff... and Blackberg did exactly that this year. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work CG members!

Spyder
02-02-2009, 7:57 PM
I'm still waiting on my package!!! :( BUT, thanks Biff!!!

psssniper
02-02-2009, 8:13 PM
Mine came in the mail today, thanks blackberg!! :thumbsup:

bigfoot-00
02-03-2009, 4:33 PM
I am a member. I would like to be a life member, but the $1,000 is a little over my limit. I could come up with the $300 though. If it comes up again and you are willing, let me know.

Thanks

liketoshoot
02-03-2009, 4:42 PM
I'm in for that, as a member I have probably spent more then that on year to year membership fees.
Let us know and the line will be a long one, guaranteed.

darksands
02-03-2009, 5:32 PM
When the time comes again. I hope to be a Lifetime NRA member.

camillus522
02-03-2009, 5:52 PM
I am a member. I would like to be a life member, but the $1,000 is a little over my limit. I could come up with the $300 though. If it comes up again and you are willing, let me know.

Thanks

have you looked into the Easy Pay Life (EPL) membership? I got mine when a life membership was $750 so I make quarterly payments of $25 until paid up.

JPS

plm61
02-03-2009, 6:30 PM
I've already been contacted by several people on this forum, both publicly and privately, about wanting to get in on the next round.

I promise that the next time the NRA has such a deal, I'll happily sponsor as many as I can so they can get whatever price the NRA is offering, rather than the full $1,000.

jrsportssupply
02-03-2009, 7:34 PM
My thanks to Blackberg for his help in processing my life membership. I just received my mailing, and I would be more than happy to offer the same deal to others when I get the opportunity.

Also, I just received a "gift" membership today to the NRA, from someone I don't know. Sent to me, a life member, at my regular home address. The NRA works in strange ways...

Biff...
02-03-2009, 7:55 PM
I'm still waiting on my package!!! :( BUT, thanks Biff!!!

Did you call them? if so what did they say?

River Jack
02-03-2009, 8:08 PM
Got mine yesterday:clap:. A very special thank you to my legacy sponcer (you know who you are :notworthy:)!

tonelar
02-04-2009, 3:13 AM
this is so cool- I sponsored my nephews on a previous offer.

Kudos to you all, fellow Life Members!

M1911
02-14-2009, 9:20 AM
I would like to get this life membership if someone out there could sponsor me. Thanks a lot.

HowardW56
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Thanks

I'm in the same position...

If there is the opportunity comes around again, I could use a sponsor...

plm61
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I emailed the membership office of the NRA a couple of weeks ago mentioning that a number of recent Life Member upgrades had been generated here and asking if I could have permission to sponsor maybe a dozen people, but got no response.

I may follow up with a phone call, but it might be we don't get another such opportunity until the end of the year.

falawful
02-14-2009, 12:49 PM
If you are already a member, call the NRA membership services number or whatever it is and use this code:
W9AVCRDE

It's for a $300 life membership.

It does work, I did it about 2 days ago.

plm61
02-14-2009, 12:54 PM
If you are already a member, call the NRA membership services number or whatever it is and use this code:
W9AVCRDE

It's for a $300 life membership.

It does work, I did it about 2 days ago.

Excellent! According to the web site, this number is for membership services:

1-800-672-3888

Please post in this forum if you are successful in this.

bohoki
02-14-2009, 3:36 PM
dang i want to do this but my membership doesnt run out till aug its not like they are going to tack on an additional 6 monts after i'm dead i hear this expires tomorrow too

i'm tossed like a salad

ke6guj
02-14-2009, 3:40 PM
bohoki, pull the trigger, its only $10-15 of your current membership that you'd lose out on.

bohoki
02-14-2009, 4:53 PM
but thats like 30 years of associate memberships plus they think you are mr moneybags forever an are relentless in their begging

ke6guj
02-14-2009, 4:58 PM
plus they think you are mr moneybags forever an are relentless in their beggingEither just throw the mailings away or call them up and tell them to put you on the no extra mailings list.

plm61
02-19-2009, 9:29 PM
A good friend of mine just did the research on this and here's the skinny:

The NRA has a current program in place through March 31st where a Life Member can sponsor up to four "family members" for $300 life memberships. The current Life Member is supposed to pay.

That having been said, they are not too picky about what constitutes "family" and my friend was able to give them my Life Member number (which they looked up and verified) and his credit card number, and got upgraded to Life Member himself.

I suspect neither the family rule nor the 4-person limit rule is rigorously enforced. I'm guessing they are simply trying to maximize income.

I'm willing to try to submit a half-dozen at a time and see how many I can get through, but want to take it at a moderate pace. I have already PM'd the folks who previously mentioned in this thread that they wanted in on such a deal, as well as those who PM'd me about it.

If that works, I'll take the next half dozen who post and submit them in a week or so, and keep this up as long as it works.

If you would like to be sponsored for NRA Life Membership, post here in this thread. Likewise, if you get Life Membership through this deal on CGN, please post here.

rips31
02-20-2009, 3:49 PM
from some threads/posts on other forums, i've read that one only needs to have the current life member's membership number handy. the "sponsee" can use that and their own credit card to upgrade/sign-up.

if more sponsors are needed, i can help.

azn_wrx
02-20-2009, 3:51 PM
I am interested if anyone can sponsor me :D

plm61
02-20-2009, 5:42 PM
I am interested if anyone can sponsor me :D

PM sent.

plm61
02-20-2009, 5:45 PM
from some threads/posts on other forums, i've read that one only needs to have the current life member's membership number handy. the "sponsee" can use that and their own credit card to upgrade/sign-up.

if more sponsors are needed, i can help.

Yeah, that is the way it is currently working. I'll just keep giving people my number one or two at a time until it stops working, then ask for help from folks like you.

It would be interesting to track how many new life members sign up this way.

bsim
02-20-2009, 7:27 PM
I'm interested...

Spyder
02-20-2009, 7:31 PM
I'll sponsor people in whenever I get my friggin membership packet!

Paid back in December...haven't heard crap from them yet except that my membership is about to expire. Apparently I'm dead.

plm61
02-20-2009, 7:49 PM
I'm interested...

PM sent.

blackberg
02-20-2009, 8:17 PM
Good Job on returning the favor. Been too busy at work to reply to everyone that I helped last month. I ended up signing up 11 people. As far as I know they all went through.
Keep on rockin...
:thumbsup:
-bb

Yankee Clipper
02-20-2009, 9:25 PM

Paid back in December...haven't heard crap from them yet except that my membership is about to expire. Apparently I'm dead.

"Please take your pulse and call us back during regular office hours!"

JUST KIDDING!

Call the NRA at 800-672-3888 and ask what the disposition of your membership application is. The NRA needs you and your support!

pfl101
02-21-2009, 6:52 AM
I'd like to make my membership permanent.

plm61
02-21-2009, 7:04 AM
I'd like to make my membership permanent.

I don't know what you mean by that. Are you a current member who wants to upgrade to Life Member?

pfl101
02-21-2009, 8:36 AM
I want to upgrade to lifetime.

DDT
02-21-2009, 9:42 AM
Blackberg offered to process a bunch of life memberships back around Christmas. Unfortunately after telling him that I wanted to become a lifer I discovered that I didn't have any checks with me on my Christmas trip so I wasn't able to take advantage of his offer.

The good news is that Rips sent along his number and I was able to become a lifer on the phone. It was an amazingly easy process!

Thanks all you lifers out there helping out. I'll be happy to help when I get my new life membership packet.

Spyder
02-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Ughhh...freaking office hours don't work with my job. Damnitt! Lunch break on Monday it is.

bsim
02-21-2009, 11:35 AM
PM'd ya back!

plm61
02-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I want to upgrade to lifetime.

PM sent.

DDT
02-21-2009, 1:37 PM
Ughhh...freaking office hours don't work with my job. Damnitt! Lunch break on Monday it is.

Seriously!? I called this morning, just before I posted and they were open, or are you at work right now?

robairto
02-21-2009, 6:31 PM
FOR anyone that can still assist me, I would like to become a lifetime member under this program as well. If it is still open I will do my part. Feel free to email me if you can sponsor me. Thanks, RB

plm61
02-21-2009, 6:32 PM
FOR anyone that can still assist me, I would like to become a lifetime member under this program as well. If it is still open I will do my part. Feel free to email me if you can sponsor me. Thanks, RB

PM sent.

NorCalPatriot
02-22-2009, 2:45 PM
I'm interested also if someone is willing to sponser me.

plm61
02-22-2009, 2:55 PM
I'm interested also if someone is willing to sponser me.

Anyone interested please PM me. I'll give you my member number and you can call and upgrade yourself. I'll keep this up as long as the NRA lets me.

19114me
02-22-2009, 4:04 PM
Blackberg offered to sponsor me too. I was stoked, and ready to send a check after he PMed me. btw...thanks, Blackberg for the offer.

Then my concious took over. So maybe y'all can help...am I being overly concerned?

I ended up not sending a check b/c it seemed to go against the spirit of the NRA Lifetime membership. I personally don't have a problem with others doing this, especially since the NRA does not seem to be too worried about the "non-family" sponsor.

But...knowing myself...I wouldn't be able to look at my lifetime membership sticker/card/etc AND know that I was an actual "lifetime" NRA member. In order to be a "Lifetime NRA Member", you have to pay your dues.

I'm not trying to be "hollier than thou"...I just want to know if I'm justified in my personal concern. Am I off my rocker? Anyone else feel the way I do?

Ugly Dwarf
02-22-2009, 4:37 PM
Blackberg offered to sponsor me too. I was stoked, and ready to send a check after he PMed me. btw...thanks, Blackberg for the offer.

Then my concious took over. So maybe y'all can help...am I being overly concerned?

I ended up not sending a check b/c it seemed to go against the spirit of the NRA Lifetime membership. I personally don't have a problem with others doing this, especially since the NRA does not seem to be too worried about the "non-family" sponsor.

But...knowing myself...I wouldn't be able to look at my lifetime membership sticker/card/etc AND know that I was an actual "lifetime" NRA member. In order to be a "Lifetime NRA Member", you have to pay your dues.

I'm not trying to be "hollier than thou"...I just want to know if I'm justified in my personal concern. Am I off my rocker? Anyone else feel the way I do?

I can see where you're coming from.

If you will feel less like a life member by paying less than full price, you should pay full price. If you can't afford full price (or are unwilling to pay full price), I'm sure the NRA (and most Life Members) would rather have you do it at a discount than not at all.

The NRA offers many deals on Life Memberships. The offer in this thread is the best one I've seen, but many others are significantly less than 'full price'. Right now I have one offering a life membership for $500 (half price), including an "engraved display bowie knife". I have to wonder how many life members paid full price - I suspect it's a large percentage, but perhaps not a majority over the last 10 years (when I've seen the majority of these offers).

Personally, I think I'll be trying to get in on this deal.

DDT
02-22-2009, 4:46 PM

If you don't feel right about taking advantage of this discount then, by all means, don't. I told the person on the phone outright that I was joining with a friend as a sponsor. I also expect to continue giving to the NRA over time. I am sure that they will give me ample opportunity.

Spyder
02-22-2009, 4:56 PM
Ya, if you don't want to pay less than the grand to become a life member, don't. No worries.

Maybe get in as a lifer for the three hundred bucks and then continue to donate until you are a patron or benefactor member? That'd work too...

mblat
02-22-2009, 5:43 PM

Any human should be comfortable looking into the mirror in the morning. If taking this offer will make you uncomforable - don't do it.
However... this is one more way to look at it.

Economy sucks. Everybody straggling and NRA is no exception. They need every nickel they can get - even if it means selling life memberships for 1/3 price.
So.... why don't you buy it - you will help NRA and if your conscience makes you uncomfortable - jsut send them $50 every year for 14 years to get to full price.
1. You will help NRA at the time of great need.
2. You won't go broke at this bad time doing it.
3. You conscience will be clear.

In short - just do it, baby!

BigDogatPlay
02-22-2009, 5:45 PM
As a Life Member I too would be more than happy to sponsor those wanting to join / upgrade.

PM me if interested and I'll supply my membership number by return PM for the application.

DDT
02-22-2009, 5:46 PM
As a Life Member I too would be more than happy to sponsor those wanting to join / upgrade if they are going to run that program again.

I think it is still going on. I signed up just last week.

BigDogatPlay
02-22-2009, 5:49 PM
I edited..... I'm happy to sponsor regardless. Just drop me a PM.

19114me
02-22-2009, 5:58 PM
Good points from UglyDwarf, mblat, DDT, and Spyder. I'm currently close to my 3-year membership expiring, but I've still donated to specific requests.

I would still do the same if I had a life membership.

And thanks, bigdog, for the offer...I might just take you up on it.

elSquid
02-22-2009, 6:25 PM

I paid full price for my membership and I was happy to do so.

I personally don't have a problem with those taking advantage of the discounted membership offer. The way I figure it, the more the merrier.

-- Michael

BigDogatPlay
02-22-2009, 6:33 PM
For what it's worth, I did the quarterly payment plan when I upgraded from annual member to life. Paid full boat over time, and was happy to do it.

To me this is about members, pure and simple. If it attracts non-members to life membership (which makes you a voting member from the jump) or gets annual members to upgrade and continue to spread the word, then it's very much worth it and doesn't diminish what my membership cost me.

19114me
02-22-2009, 9:02 PM
For what it's worth, I did the quarterly payment plan when I upgraded from annual member to life. Paid full boat over time, and was happy to do it.

To me this is about members, pure and simple. If it attracts non-members to life membership (which makes you a voting member from the jump) or gets annual members to upgrade and continue to spread the word, then it's very much worth it and doesn't diminish what my membership cost me.

Good point. Sending PM. No offense, Blackberg...thanks again for the original offer.

DDT
02-22-2009, 9:16 PM
Good points from UglyDwarf, mblat, DDT, and Spyder. I'm currently close to my 3-year membership expiring

No reason to wait for your 3 year membership to expire. Your net cost will be the same if you make the plunge now or wait for your current membership to expire.

sevans
03-04-2009, 5:59 AM
Bump because I happened to speak with NRA membership services yesterday and they mentioned that the $300 life membership is still available for friends and family of life members. I asked if I could sponsor fellow members on a gun board and was told that was fine under the program.

I'm happy to sponsor anyone interested. Just send me a PM.

plm61
03-04-2009, 6:05 AM
I believe all but one of the folks who asked me to sponsor them were successful. The hangup seems to be when you call and you get the regular membership section. They will sometimes insist on an "offer code."

Ask specifically if you are talking to the Life Membership folks.

All you should need is for a Life Member to PM you his (or her) member number. You can handle the rest over the phone with a CC number.

Nice to see all the CGN members willing to sponsor new Life Members.

Window_Seat
03-04-2009, 6:57 AM
Am I supposed to receive an offer in the mail for the $300.00 life membership? If not, I can give $300, and a sponsor would be greatly appreciated.:) (Edited to add) I received an offer in the mail for a 500.00 life upgrade, and I'm seriously tempted, but I would like to give the other 200 to "another" Pro2A organization I like alot.

Erik.

acegunnr
03-04-2009, 7:03 AM
I can also sponsor. Is there a limit? Drop me a PM

sevans
03-04-2009, 7:11 AM
I was told no limit so it would be nice to get as many new life members as possible. $300 is a great deal.

sevans
03-05-2009, 11:55 AM
One more bump. I know of three people that were able to get in on this deal and it worked fine. Happy to help anyone else that needs it.

tiki
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Is the NRA offering the $300 Lifetime now? I thought the next one was in May.

sevans
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM
$300 Lifetime is available now. You just need the member number of a referring Life member. PM and I can send you mine if needed. I had another person use it today without any trouble.

smokingloon
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
$300 Lifetime is available now. You just need the member number of a referring Life member. PM and I can send you mine if needed. I had another person use it today without any trouble.

does this also apply for the payment plan deal?

cause I just put a year membership in the mail box.

sevans
03-06-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't believe it applies to the payment plan but you may wish to confirm with the NRA.

plm61
03-06-2009, 6:45 AM
Update:

The NRA appears to have outsourced their call center and your experience in the Life Member upgrade depends heavily on which call center you get and (maybe) which person you get.

I've heard of bad experiences if you get the Florida call center. I've also been told that there is a special group that is supposed to handle Life Member issues, but that their phones roll over to the regular member group if they are busy. The moral is, if you aren't successful the first time, KEEP TRYING.

Here is the current deal. If you are already a regular member, you can upgrade to Life Member for $300. Call 1-800-672-3888 and do the following:

Numerous CGN members in addition to myself (bigdogatplay, sevans, jrsportssupply, rips31, barbarossa) have offered to sponsor Life Member upgrades. PM any one of us and we will send you our LM number and our name. That should be all you need.

This worked recently and repeatedly. If you aren't successful the first time, KEEP TRYING.

Post here if you are successful.

sevans
03-06-2009, 7:11 AM
The code does not work and shouldn't be used. It was a code for a special offer to certain members but was not supposed to be general use. People have been rejected using it.

A referring Life Member's number and name are all you need. I believe this offer is open until the end of March.

plm61
03-06-2009, 7:41 AM
The W9AVCRDE code does not work and shouldn't be used. It was a code for a special offer to certain members but was not supposed to be general use. People have been rejected using it.

A referring Life Member's number and name are all you need. I believe this offer is open until the end of March.

Edited my post to reflect this.

GUN FREAK
03-06-2009, 7:45 AM

Pm Sent

Barbarossa
03-06-2009, 9:09 AM
Update:

The NRA appears to have outsourced their call center and your experience in the Life Member upgrade depends heavily on which call center you get and (maybe) which person you get.

I've heard of bad experiences if you get the Florida call center. I've also been told that there is a special group that is supposed to handle Life Member issues, but that their phones roll over to the regular member group if they are busy. The moral is, if you aren't successful the first time, KEEP TRYING.

Here is the current deal. If you are already a regular member, you can upgrade to Life Member for $300. Call 1-800-672-3888 and do the following:

Numerous CGN members in addition to myself (bigdogatplay, sevans, jrsportssupply, rips31) have offered to sponsor Life Member upgrades. PM any one of us and we will send you our LM number and our name. That should be all you need.

This worked recently and repeatedly. If you aren't successful the first time, KEEP TRYING.

Post here if you are successful.

I'm also happy to sponsor.

zachary2287
03-06-2009, 1:51 PM
I just called and the lady said that existing members can upgrade for $500 and that only family members can upgrade for $300.

So should I just keep trying until I can do it for $300.

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 2:00 PM
I've seen, on rare occasion, "anyone for $300". I'd just wait up for it.

tiki
03-06-2009, 2:03 PM
The guy on the phone asked my relation and I said "friend". He said that its only for family members but then went ahead and did it. So, if you call up and they ask you the relation, say Uncle or Father in Law.

zachary2287
03-06-2009, 2:16 PM
Just called again and it sounds like they're closed until Monday. Guess I'll just have to try again then.

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 2:25 PM
Just called again and it sounds like they're closed until Monday. Guess I'll just have to try again then.

Another card you can try without technically lying is that everyone is a distant cousin, if you go back far enough. :)

blackberg
03-06-2009, 2:28 PM
arent we all family here :)

-bb

Window_Seat
03-06-2009, 5:59 PM
I called 3 times asking about the promo, and was told in the 3rd conversation with the NRA that the $300.00 promotion is for family members who are signing life members for other family members. Infact, there was a memo that went around the NRA telling of an "email" letter regarding the $300.00 life upgrade offer, and it specifically states that the member upgrading must be a family member of the life member. I was told that I can sign for $500.00 for a life membership.

Thanks for the 2 PMs I received with offers, much appreciated anyway!

Erik.

ENVYGREEN
03-06-2009, 6:11 PM
How does this help the NRA? It would seem it's just good for someone who wants to tell people they are life members... Am I missing something?

Spyder
03-06-2009, 6:34 PM
Because its money in their coffers and its more backing when they go to say "we have xxxx number of people who want THIS to happen."

I finally got ahold of them and sorted out my ordeal. My package should be inbound.

BlueOvalBruin
03-06-2009, 6:36 PM
It worked for me. So what kinds of free stuff do we get?

ENVYGREEN
03-06-2009, 6:37 PM
The money is insignificant but I wasn't thinking about the shear numbers that makes more sense

Deadred7o7
03-06-2009, 11:52 PM
http://nrawol.net/

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3247

http://www.notgovernmentapproved.com/mt-nratrojanhorse.html

Barbarossa
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
http://nrawol.net/

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3247

http://www.notgovernmentapproved.com/mt-nratrojanhorse.html

Lets just do nothing then...

acegunnr
03-09-2009, 12:07 PM
The guy on the phone asked my relation and I said "friend". He said that its only for family members but then went ahead and did it. So, if you call up and they ask you the relation, say Uncle or Father in Law.

tiki my long lost nephew!:thumbsup:

M1911
05-04-2009, 9:18 PM
Hi guys. I renewed my membership to "life member" (thanks to plm61 for sponsoring me) sometime in the middle of March. Until now I haven't received anything from them yet. My cc was charged for $300. Is this something normal this long? Please let me know your experience (the new life members). Thanks.

tactic101
05-04-2009, 9:24 PM
arent we all family here :)

-bb

Brothers in Arms, for sure.:thumbsup:

Liberty1
05-04-2009, 9:42 PM
It worked for me. So what kinds of free stuff do we get?

A warm fuzzy feeling which lasts a life time!

Hey is this still going on?

DDT
05-04-2009, 9:43 PM
Hi guys. I renewed my membership to "life member" (thanks to plm61 for sponsoring me) sometime in the middle of March. Until now I haven't received anything from them yet. My cc was charged for $300. Is this something normal this long? Please let me know your experience (the new life members). Thanks.

Took about 6 weeks for mine. Should be any day now.

I actually called and upgraded to life after my first annual was purchased and before I had rec'd my packet in the mail. They were able to look up my member ID for the upgrade etc. with no problem. So, if you are getting too antsy you can call and confirm that they have you in the system.

JDay
05-04-2009, 9:48 PM
A warm fuzzy feeling which lasts a life time!

Hey is this still going on?

Sure is, I don't think they're giving away the insurance and magazine subscription with it anymore though.

M1911
05-27-2009, 7:28 PM
A good friend of mine just did the research on this and here's the skinny:

The NRA has a current program in place through March 31st where a Life Member can sponsor up to four "family members" for $300 life memberships. The current Life Member is supposed to pay.

That having been said, they are not too picky about what constitutes "family" and my friend was able to give them my Life Member number (which they looked up and verified) and his credit card number, and got upgraded to Life Member himself.

I suspect neither the family rule nor the 4-person limit rule is rigorously enforced. I'm guessing they are simply trying to maximize income.

I'm willing to try to submit a half-dozen at a time and see how many I can get through, but want to take it at a moderate pace. I have already PM'd the folks who previously mentioned in this thread that they wanted in on such a deal, as well as those who PM'd me about it.

If that works, I'll take the next half dozen who post and submit them in a week or so, and keep this up as long as it works.

If you would like to be sponsored for NRA Life Membership, post here in this thread. Likewise, if you get Life Membership through this deal on CGN, please post here.

I am now officially a NRA Life Member. Thanks a lot to everyone especially to Plm61 for sponsoring me. I received my packet yesterday.:thumbsup:

PutTogether
05-27-2009, 7:47 PM
If this is still doable I would sign up in a heartbeat.

If it is going on and any life members are generous enough to sponser me in, please send me a PM.

Jarrod
05-27-2009, 8:34 PM
Umm, I've read this thread a couple of times and am somehow missing what is going on. Is this a current offer to lifetime membership sponsorships for $300?

If so, I am interested in a lifetime membership. Someone PM me.

plm61
05-27-2009, 8:38 PM
Umm, I've read this thread a couple of times and am somehow missing what is going on. Is this a current offer to lifetime membership sponsorships for $300?

If so, I am interested in a lifetime membership. Someone PM me.

Yes, it is, though the response from the NRA has been spotty. It kinda depends on who you get on the phone.

PM sent.

22popnsplat
05-27-2009, 8:56 PM
I went to the NRA convention and bought a hat , I did not notice it was a life membership hat . I need to get the life membership so I can wear my hat , someone pm me with whatever info I need please !!!!!

plm61
05-27-2009, 9:03 PM
I went to the NRA convention and bought a hat , I did not notice it was a life membership hat . I need to get the life membership so I can wear my hat , someone pm me with whatever info I need please !!!!!

That story almost (sniff) brings a tear to the eye!

PM sent.

jjefrey
05-27-2009, 9:42 PM
If this is still doable, I'd like to upgrade to life membership as well

popeye4
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm a life member and would sponsor someone if the offer still exists. However, I just checked the NRA web page and could not find anything other than a free leather NRA jacket if you pay your $1000..... If someone can find a stealth link somewhere to the $300 offer, please post.

Spyder
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Damnitt...I signed up through Biff a while back and NRA screwed up my paperwork. Called 'em, they said they'd fix it, and they haven't. And I keep forgetting to call when I have time off. Damnitt damnitt damnitt...maybe tomorrow...

22popnsplat
05-28-2009, 2:28 PM
I called twice today with the same results , They dropped this offer on May 17th at the end of the convention . I was told by both of the people i spoke with that it will run again around sept. I was at the convention for 2 days , I did see a drive going for life members for $500 but heard nothing about the one for $300 . When I got home I went to the website and was going to do the $500 but there was nothing there about it . Normal price is $1000 , I will wait and see if the deal pops back up .
I have gotten to the point with there mailers asking for money that I hardly read them anymore , thats probally how I missed it .

Spyder
05-28-2009, 9:41 PM
...just talked to them at lunch today. Said they don't know why mine didn't go through, but in about 4 weeks I should be getting my new life member packet. I'll keep ya'll updated.

1923mack
05-29-2009, 12:38 PM
As other here have posted, I also would like to convert to a life member at the $300 rate. If anyone figures how to do it I'm ready.

M1911
05-30-2009, 11:15 AM
This is from my own experience:
I renewed my membership and upgraded to a life member sometime on the 1st week of March 09. I had to call 2 times because at first the lady was asking for an offer code which it didn't exist. The second time I called a few hrs after I was just asked only who my sponsor was (again thanks to Plm61) and his membership ID #. (Hint: call directly the "life membership" not just the "membership". I was told to wait for 6 weeks for my welcome packet to arrive. Seven weeks after I received nothing. I think I even posted here on the first week of May that I haven't received anything yet. Patiently, I waited again until the 15th of May (Friday) and gave them a call. Now here comes the best part :mad:: The lady said that you are not a life member and we have no records of you renewed. She said "your regular membership expired on...blah blah but no record of you life member renewal". I told her there must be some mistake here because my CC was charge for $300 for NRA membership. I said "I'll give you my CC number and verify on your record if you have any record on that". She said "fine" and will call back as soon as she has something for. Forty five minutes later she called back and said "the CC number you gave me was charged for $300 for NRA membership but it went through Mr....so and so (a different person)". I was so mad deep inside but i remained calm all though out the conversation. Here is what she suggested: "call your CC company and cancel the transaction". I told here "are you out of your mind?..they're not going to do anything about it because I authorized to charged my CC for NRA". She said "well, then we have to forward this case to NRA head quarters and they'll will resolve this issue". I said "fine" and "thank you". I waited for another hour thinking what had happened...did the lady screw up when I called to renew my membership and assigned my CC for a different person? Hmmmm, I called them again because I can not wait for another who knows ,months to resolve this issue. Then another lady answered, "you have no record here of being a life member...who is your sponsor?" I told her and said "ok..hmmm, alright you will get your welcome kit in 3 weeks?" I said "that quick?..what happened?" She did not answer me directly and I just let it go. Two weeks after (only last week), I received the welcome packet from NRA (white big envelope) with a welcome letter signed by Wayne (printed, not actually signed), a beautiful life membership plaque with gold trim, pin, and 2 stickers.

I tell you, that was one of my happiest moment in my life when I received the packet, not because I succeed after those bad experience but because I am now a proud NRA LIFE MEMBER. I didn't care if I have bad experience with them, I think that was just part of the ordeal.

I hope this will help others who had problems.

modls7
05-30-2009, 11:37 AM
wow, sounds like I missed out! At least I got a one year free trial. Hopefully when this pops back up I snag a lifetime membership!

CABilly
05-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I'd also be glad to sponsor if the deal is still on.

M1911, did you get an actual plaque (I'm thinking wooden deal with engraved metal), or is it more of a certificate? Mine was paper.

M1911
05-31-2009, 8:01 AM
I'd also be glad to sponsor if the deal is still on.

M1911, did you get an actual plaque (I'm thinking wooden deal with engraved metal), or is it more of a certificate? Mine was paper.

It's only a paper. I would probably just get a nice frame for it.

plm61
05-31-2009, 8:09 AM
In the last week I PM'd several people who wanted to get the life membership. All of them got back to me saying the NRA claims the deal is no longer valid.

It appears we'll have to wait for them to run this special again. If anyone finds something definitive about the NRA running such a deal, please post.

cnyankee
05-31-2009, 8:54 AM
if it happens again count me in