PDA

View Full Version : Opinions .38spcl from ammoman?

high_revs
02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
First time buying ammo online for wifey's .38 S&W 60-18 as I can't find any with the wally world's nearby in South Bay Area Kali. Kinda don't want to wait until Reno show or Crossroads San Francisco.

How are the ammoman's .38spcl? First time buying online.

38S-0030 500-RDS fed 130gr (BALL) FMJ

I figure BALL = FMJ here when I researched it?

P.S. Never touch wifey's piece. Got reaming for tightening down what I thought was her sights loose, only to have it off and she shot 4-5 inches too low. (Says never that bad, so she claims :p)

rivviepop
02-02-2009, 1:39 PM
Ammoman has been great for me, he ships usually the next business day and it's on your doorstep fast - they require you send over a copy of your driver's license just so you're aware. His ammo is stock ammo from manufacturers and such, they don't make it themselves.

That 38 special looks like American Eagle #AE38K if you want to Google it to find out how people like it. I don't use this specific stuff to be able to comment on it, sorry.

Monoz
02-02-2009, 2:07 PM
I have personally bought from ammoman.com without any problems whatsoever. The merchandise and the prices were both good.

On the other hand, many people claim they have run into customer service problem with him, and that he is difficult to deal with.

So, I don't know how useful this is for you, but I can personally recommend him while recognizing other people have had complaints. Googling "ammoman" might give you more info.

RickD6023
02-02-2009, 3:40 PM
I've bought 38 spec, 357 magnum, and 40 S&W with no complaints. Good pricing with shipping included and I received it right away.

lonewolf
02-02-2009, 6:06 PM
Just bought from Ammoman last month and it was good ammo and a great price. Got it quick and he had it in stock. Didn't have to check every gun shop, Walwart and Big 5 in a 100 mile radius.

high_revs
02-02-2009, 7:18 PM
OK. I bought 1K earlier. I looked at reviews and folks seem to like it, though the box pictures wasn't exactly the same. :)

Nothing like saying "I love you" to wife and a valentine's gift other than 1000 rd of ammo for her S&W. :)