PDA

View Full Version : ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!

Dan M.
02-02-2009, 8:28 AM
ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW is the meeting we're hoping that many, many CCW and 2nd amendment advocates, 1st amendment advocates, and people just plain interested in justice and fairness will show up and stand together in letting their voices be heard.

Not only has Sheriff Hutchens choked off CCWs, she will be expiring valid CCW permits EARLY, before their expiration date, and she STILL refuses to respond to PRAs regarding the security video from the BOS meeting where CCW advocates were harrassed and intimidated and the BOS notes were spied on with security cameras. She won't even allow the BOS to have a COPY of the video. They can view a portion of it, but are not allowed a copy, and IT'S THEIR VIDEO!

California has gone too far down this road! Let Orange County be the turning point to reverse direction and start us on the way to enjoying the freedoms that our fellow US citizens enjoy in other states. Attend the meeting! Make a stand with us.

Board meetings are held at the Hall of Administration at 333 W. Santa Ana Blvd. on the corner of Broadway and Santa Ana Blvd. in Santa Ana. We're asking people to be there by 8:45 if at all possible.

From the South:

Take 5 Fwy north.
Exit on Grand Ave.
Turn left on Grand Ave.
Turn right on Santa Ana Blvd.
You will travel several blocks.
After you cross Main Street, the next light is at Broadway.
The white, five-story building across the intersection on the right is the Hall of Administration.
Drive to the end of the block past the building and turn right on Ross. Make an immediate right turn into the parking lot.

From the North:

Take 5 Fwy south.
Exit on Grand Ave.
Turn right on Santa Ana Blvd.
You will travel several blocks. After you cross Main Street, the next light is at Broadway.
The white, five-story building across the intersection on the right is the Hall of Administration.
Drive to the end of the block past the building and turn right on Ross. Make an immediate right turn into the parking lot.

GunSlut
02-02-2009, 9:11 AM
So, February 10, 8:45AM?

Correct!

DisgruntledReaper
02-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I will do my best to be there unless I have a new job by then.......seems some stuff can only be done or attended when I am between jobs..

yellowfin
02-02-2009, 11:53 AM
^ Ideally you'll switch circumstances with the subject of the meeting.

MolonLabe2008
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I'll be there.

vwynn
02-02-2009, 3:25 PM
Hmm i can try to be there... but damn i work that day =/

LOW2000
02-02-2009, 4:01 PM
I may be teaching a training session that day, but I'll do what I can to attend. I really want to be there.

Matt C
02-02-2009, 4:11 PM
she [B]STILL refuses to respond to PRAs regarding the security video from the BOS meeting where CCW advocates were harrassed and intimidated and the BOS notes were spied on with security cameras.

IMO calguns foundation should consider funding a lawsuit on this if true. We get attorney's fees back if we win... Have you asked for an explanation and requested the non-exempt portions of the video?

jmlivingston
02-02-2009, 4:18 PM
Can she be recalled? Not sure how that works, since hers is an elected position but she's filling it by appointment. For that matter, maybe she can be fired of she pisses off the BOS?

Sniper3142
02-02-2009, 4:36 PM
I'll be putting in for a personal day tomorrow so I can attend.

Casual Observer
02-02-2009, 4:42 PM
IMO calguns foundation should consider funding a lawsuit on this if true. We get attorney's fees back if we win... Have you asked for an explanation and requested the non-exempt portions of the video?

class action lawsuits are great tools to use against large entitites.

Supposedly (I wasn't there, but know some who were), those wearing the green button supporting CCW were searched for weapons by plainclothes SWAT officers without probably cause or even identifying themselves are peace officers.

And now the Sheriff's department seems very reluctant to turn over the tape that could prove/ disprove this allegation.

I think J. Edgar Hoover would be proud of Sheriff Hutchens :cool:

LOW2000
02-02-2009, 6:43 PM
I'll be putting in for a personal day tomorrow so I can attend.

It is one week from tomorrow, not tomorrow. :thumbsup:

RomanDad
02-02-2009, 7:40 PM
If you werent planning on coming already... Maybe THIS (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sheriff-hutchens-meeting-2297673-activists-county) will change your mind...

DDT
02-02-2009, 8:03 PM
I think J. Edgar Hoover would be proud of Sheriff Hutchens :cool:

I think they wear the same dress size.

smokingloon
02-02-2009, 8:03 PM
Nevertheless, assistant sheriff Hillmann, toward the end of a long hearing, texted an agent with the FBI: "This has been unbelievable. Am ready to stick a pencil in my eye."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/sheriff-hutchens-meeting-2297673-activists-county

Sheriff Hillmann was awarded the Sherman Block Award.

http://blog.ocsd.org/post/2008/09/30/Assistant-Sheriff-Michael-Hillmann-Honored-with-Sherman-Block-Award.aspx

I am planning on attending this meeting to show my support. I will bring a camera just in case a Kodak moment appears.

GMONEY
02-02-2009, 8:04 PM
Holy cow RomanDad... Seriously everyone needs to read that article if they have not already! In fact needs a post of it's OWN!!! And it looks like I will need to show up now! That really makes me ANGRY!!!

DDT
02-02-2009, 8:09 PM
Maybe everyone should show up with a pencil in their shirt pockets and a button that reads: "CCW for citizens and a pencil for Hillmann"

"Nevertheless, assistant sheriff Hillmann, toward the end of a long hearing, texted an agent with the FBI: "This has been unbelievable. Am ready to stick a pencil in my eye.""

edit: was reading the article while smokingloon posted. The fact that he received the Block award is a disgrace.

yellowfin
02-02-2009, 8:24 PM
I think J. Edgar Hoover would be proud of Sheriff Hutchens :cool:One difference being, of course, that from time to time Hoover actually had the country's interests in mind and served a useful purpose.

N6ATF
02-02-2009, 8:40 PM
What will it take to get Criminal Hutchens removed from office? It seems to me the people and the BOS have no power, and nothing short of the FBI coming to the meeting and arresting her and all her minions who interfere, or an act of God will stop this never-ending criminal BS.

eaglemike
02-02-2009, 8:53 PM
I'm planning on attending from San Diego. I have a box of the old-fashioned pencils I bought at one of the benefit stores. What thoughts I'm having about pocket protectors and a few pencils in everyone's pockets... :D

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

all the best,
Mike

7x57
02-02-2009, 9:34 PM
Hmm. It looks like I could not attend unless I brought a four-year-old in tow, which might not be such an amazingly good idea. :eek:

7x57

Liberty1
02-03-2009, 8:19 AM
Bump!!

Every Calguner in the OC and the surrounding So Cal counties should attend if at all possible!

We need to support our Orange County brothers and sisters on ALL issues and at ALL times. Together we are stronger!

NATO doctrine IS in effect!

yellowfin
02-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Torches and pitchforks?

OCCCWS
02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
One request to those attending the 2-10 BOS meeting--please be respectful. We've gained a huge amount of traction in this issue by being seen as the ones on the high road in our dispute with Sheriff Hutchens. She and her LA command staff are just dying to find something to point to so they can say, 'Look at those CCW folks. They can't even follow the law.' That was their intention at the 1-13 BOS meeting. They hoped the Gestapo-like security would nail someone carrying concealed or doing UOC. We didn't give them the satisfaction.

That said, we sure appreciate all the support you have given, and continue to give. We need your help. Many thanks.

Cypren
02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
One request to those attending the 2-10 BOS meeting--please be respectful. We've gained a huge amount of traction in this issue by being seen as the ones on the high road in our dispute with Sheriff Hutchens.

+1. Professional dress would be best so that we can show the Board and the media that we're educated, respectable professionals, not the beer-swilling reckless hicks the opposition loves to paint us as being. I'll be there in full suit and tie for certain.

eflatminor
02-03-2009, 4:31 PM
Suit and tie or similar dress as well.

Will we be allowed the chance to speak or is this just a show of support with numbers?

nso1
02-03-2009, 5:19 PM
Will be attending, went to the Nov 18th meeting and it was more interesting than I thought it would be. my advice to all is get there early!!! We filled up the board room on the Nov 18th meeting and that one wasnt publicized nearly as much as this one is.

Also what are the post meeting plans? the Nov 18th meeting ended right about happy hour.