PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL COW PALACE CGN/CGF BOOTH THREAD** (POLL ADDED 2/25)

wildhawker
02-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Fellow Calgunners:

As some of you know, we are actively working towards the establishment of a Calguns Foundation booth at gun shows and other public events (see http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=142298). Things are coming together quite well, and we could use your help to meet our first milestone of having in place a fully-manned and stocked booth with working BB/U15/MMG AR or AK demos at the Cow Palace show of February 28 - March 1, 2009. This is just the beginning, and we are excited about what the future holds for CGF through the outreach and fundraising this will bring.

Here are a few items with which we could use your help. In order to organize and coordinate the various aspects of the project, we need to complete our table of resources (some of you have already been added per your requests- thanks!). Please reply and use this template to add your information to the list (personal info can be pm'ed to me if preferred). I'll show below the options if multiple:

Roster
First Name:
Last Name:
Phone:
email:
Location(s) (for events): NorCal, SF Bay, Sacto/Stock, San Joaq. Valley, Central Coast, LA/IE/OC, SD
Areas of Contribution
Local Leadperson: (point of contact and lead volunteer between event resources and CGF overall coordinator; responsible for event arrangements (setup/takedown), storage of materials and depositing funds to CGF.
Pre-Event & Setup: Logistics, planning, ordering and delivery of booth goods and items to Local Lead
Event/Booth: Manning the booth and working with FFL's, Calgunners and the public to further the interests of CGF
AK/AR Demo: If you are willing to provide (during the show) an AK/AR with CA-friendly BB, U15 or similar for use in demonstrating how to stay legal.
Donate goods: Shirts, hats, decals, stickers, coffee cups, whatever will help us with positive exposure.
Donate cash: to assist with the procurement of booth items
Donate other: donate goods which could be sold at the show with net proceeds going to CGF

Come on Calgunners, pitch in and give us a hand in creating a substantial opportunity for CGF by bringing our message to the masses! Please don't be shy, and pass this along to your CGN friends if they may be interested in helping in any way. We can't do it without your help, and that's why I'm entirely confident we'll be successful- this bunch comes through.

If you have any questions or comments, please pm me. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Brandon Combs

EDIT: I will be using this thread to update status... check back often!

Gryff
02-02-2009, 1:15 PM
I make my living in the event industry, so I would be interested in helping out. Unfortunately, can make the next Cow Palace show since I have a USPSA Range Officer class that day.

I'll PM you.

pnkssbtz
02-02-2009, 2:02 PM
Can we PM the info?

I don't exactly feel like disclosing personal info openly...

wildhawker
02-02-2009, 2:17 PM
Can we PM the info?

I don't exactly feel like disclosing personal info openly...

Absolutely, and thanks for raising an important point.

This information will by compiled by me (Brandon Combs) and shared only with those coordinating or managing the volunteer efforts on an as-needed basis (and, of course, the CGF BoD if they so request). Any problems, you hold me accountable.

I believe that there is a substantial mutual respect and desire for privacy amongst the members of CGN, and I have every expectation that the same holds true here.

elSquid
02-02-2009, 8:00 PM
Is there a paypal link off of the calguns foundation site for this?

I'll pledge $100 towards copies of the flowchart. Somebody else will have to volunteer to hand them out. :)

-- Michael

tuolumnejim
02-02-2009, 8:16 PM
Pm'ed you with an offer of goods for the booth. :chris:
Jim

BigEd925
02-02-2009, 8:26 PM
PM'd I am available for either Feb 28 or March 1st

Hopi
02-02-2009, 8:30 PM
Brandon,

Contact me re: Ventura upcoming shows and potential opportunities.

WokMaster1
02-03-2009, 7:58 AM
Is there a link for cash donation?

sytfu_RR
02-03-2009, 11:00 AM
ygpm.

Liberty1
02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
PM sent

Matt C
02-03-2009, 11:57 AM
pm sent

Biff...
02-03-2009, 12:23 PM
pm sent

I can work Socal events

CHS
02-03-2009, 12:46 PM
PM Sent. Willing to work in whatever capacity I can for SoCal events (Ventura to San Diego).

wildhawker
02-03-2009, 3:59 PM
Is there a paypal link off of the calguns foundation site for this?

I'll pledge $100 towards copies of the flowchart. Somebody else will have to volunteer to hand them out. :)

-- Michael

No link, but feel free to Paypal donations directly to CGF (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=finance%40calgunsfoundation%2eorg&item_name=CGN%20Foundation%20%2d%20Offensive%20leg al%20activism&item_number=post%2dheller&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8)

Thanks for the committment; rest assured that we will see your request through!

jaymz
02-03-2009, 6:01 PM
PM sent. I can do So Cal shows.

elSquid
02-03-2009, 7:13 PM
No link, but feel free to Paypal donations directly to CGF (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=finance%40calgunsfoundation%2eorg&item_name=CGN%20Foundation%20%2d%20Offensive%20leg al%20activism&item_number=post%2dheller&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8)

Done. It looks like it went into the general fund; I didn't see any option where I could comment that it was for the booths.

-- Michael

wildhawker
02-03-2009, 7:25 PM
Is there a link for cash donation?

Non-Paypal donations can be sent to:

The Calguns Foundation
3200 Bridge Parkway Suite 202C
Redwood City CA 94065

Thanks for your contribution!

wildhawker
02-03-2009, 7:25 PM
Done. It looks like it went into the general fund; I didn't see any option where I could comment that it was for the booths.

-- Michael

You're right on the money, so to speak... all donations are going to the General Fund.

Thanks very much for helping to make this happen!

DDT
02-03-2009, 7:27 PM
I'll take it....

I mean

PM Sent

7x57
02-03-2009, 8:23 PM
How are you fixed for the Glendale show? I'm not in charge so I'm not sure I should say this, but....

I tend to work the NRA booth at the Glendale show. I seem to recall people (gun clubs?) have left material on our table, so if you don't have your own table you could do the same unless policy changed and I don't know about it. Normally it is just there for anyone interested, but I wouldn't mind pointing it out while I'm working the table.

I'd suggest doing some sort of cooperative thing, but again I'm not in charge so I can't make such decisions.

7x57

bplvr
02-03-2009, 9:21 PM
The Del Mar show in San Diego is in our sights for March 21/22
I would sure appreciate any volunteers to work 4 hour shifts,
[or 8 hours if you just like being around a lot of guns.] Reply here or
shoot me a message.
Sincerly, bplvr

bigmike82
02-03-2009, 9:25 PM
PM sent as well.

wildhawker
02-03-2009, 9:34 PM
Quick and dirty update, as well as current needs (action by in parenthesis):

STATUS
* Booth/location -- should be firmed up tomorrow (me)
* Banners -- in progress (Eric Mayer)
* CGN mission statement & bullets -- in progress (Kestryll)
* Artwork/design -- commence ~2/5 (fastfinger)
* Printing/production -- pending design (pnkssbtz)
* Shirts/hats/stickers -- in progress, some pending details (can'thave)
* Demo firearms & display -- pending review
* booth volunteers -- roster and scheduling in progress (me)

CURRENT/SHORT-TERM NEEDS
* Calguns Foundation mission statement, bullets -- (CGF BoD)
* CGF vector graphics/artwork -- (CGF BoD)
* Trade Show Table Cover (8'x30-36") and artwork -- (any takers??)
* Someone in tech in Bay Area, we need to setup a laptop for CGN and CGF-only access for real-time demo; my laptop is GTG for Cow Palace, but needs tech support for setup -- (tbd)

To everyone who has PM'ed or emailed me, thank you! We appreciate the support! The outpouring of volunteers and contributions are overwhelming- this group should be very proud.

vladbutsky
02-03-2009, 9:39 PM
I can help with tech issues. Please email me task details.

wash
02-04-2009, 8:28 AM
How about a raffle? I would like to donate a Monster Man grip, a Bullet Button, a 10 round AR15 magazine, a roll of tickets and a fish bowl.

You could get a bunch of names for your email list and do a little education about the legal way to build an OLL AR15.

If they have a stage where you can do the raffle it would be even better.

PM incoming.

wildhawker
02-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Update as of 2-5-09 and current needs (action by in parenthesis):

STATUS
* Booth/location -- application in to CRotW, completing payment w/ 4 badges tomorrow (me)
* Banners -- in progress ~2/13(Eric Mayer)
* Artwork/design -- in progress, draft for review 2/6-7 (fastfinger)
* Content -- pending design, commence ~2/7 (various)
* Printing/production -- pending final design, ~2/16 (pnkssbtz, fastfinger)
* Shirts/hats/stickers -- in progress, some pending details ~2/20 (can'thave)
* Demo firearms & display -- pending review, tbd
* laptop setup -- (vladbuysky)

CURRENT/SHORT-TERM NEEDS
* Trade Show Table Cover (8'x30-36") and CGN/CGF artwork -- (Please Donate! 2A Forum?)

wildhawker
02-08-2009, 7:25 PM
Update as of 2-8-09 and current needs (action by in parenthesis):

STATUS
* Booth/location -- CONFIRMED BOOTH :cool:
* Banners -- in progress ~2/13(Eric Mayer)
* Artwork/design -- in progress (fastfinger)
* Content -- pending design (various)
* Printing/production -- pending final design, ~2/16 (pnkssbtz, fastfinger)
* Shirts/hats/stickers -- in progress, some pending details ~2/20 (can'thave)
* Demo firearms & display -- pending review, tbd
* laptop setup -- (vladbutsky)

CURRENT/SHORT-TERM NEEDS
* Trade Show Table Cover (8'x30-36") and CGN/CGF artwork -- (Please Donate! 2A Forum?)

wildhawker
02-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Quick update guys, things are progressing nicely :cool:

Any Bay Area volunteers who have not done so, shoot me a pm with your contact info. We may need some more event help, and we definitely will in the future.

We should have some material to show you very soon, and we're on track for an on-time launch... I know, I know :useless:

DedEye
02-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh another thing I just thought of for the booth Brandon.

Since I'm working on the AW/OLL course and am making a Powerpoint for it, if we could get a projecter and screen or wall space (very dependent on booth location), we could project bits of the Powerpoint as a sneak peek and primer on what we're talking about behind us while explaining it to people.

Anyone got a projecter they can loan?

wildhawker
02-10-2009, 7:46 AM
Oh another thing I just thought of for the booth Brandon.

Since I'm working on the AW/OLL course and am making a Powerpoint for it, if we could get a projecter and screen or wall space (very dependent on booth location), we could project bits of the Powerpoint as a sneak peek and primer on what we're talking about behind us while explaining it to people.

Anyone got a projecter they can loan?

Good idea, we did reserve a wall table, so if we could get a projector we should be good to go (not sure about the quality of the wall as a screen; anyone with thoughts or experience here?).

ldivinag
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
bring a white sheet with you.

that will double as a screen, ANYWHERE...

vladbutsky
02-11-2009, 7:57 AM
If projector does not work out we could still use laptop's screen.

ptoguy2002
02-11-2009, 9:49 AM
I'm in for so cal shows.

Can'thavenuthingood
02-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Okay guys put on your thinking caps.

We have the banner, a rather large banner and want to put some bullet points on it.
Specifically when the show goers look at the banner what do we want to impress on the reader as to why they need to investigate Calguns?

In a few words, a one liner, what would trip your trigger to look into Calguns?

What do we want to advertise?

Keeping in mind it needs or ought to emcompass ALL the firearms not just one set, style or activity.

Kick it around and post an idea or 2.
Why did you come to Calguns?
What was it that made you decide to stay?
What benefits do you see being derived from Calguns.net?

We should probably have 5 or 6 bullet points to display on the banner.

We have the Mission Statement, but need more ideas.

Thanks,

Vick

Meplat
02-11-2009, 6:48 PM
Ever think: "SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING"? Well we ARE!!

Okay guys put on your thinking caps.

We have the banner, a rather large banner and want to put some bullet points on it.
Specifically when the show goers look at the banner what do we want to impress on the reader as to why they need to investigate Calguns?

What do we want to advertise?

Keeping in mind it needs or ought to emcompass ALL the firearms not just one set, style or activity.

Kick it around and post an idea or 2.
Why did you come to Calguns?
What was it that made you decide to stay?
What benefits do you see being derived from Calguns.net?

We should probably have 5 or 6 bullet points to display on the banner.

We the Mission Statement, but need more ideas.

Thanks,

Vick

wildhawker
02-11-2009, 6:54 PM
Ever think: "SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING"? Well we ARE!!

Great idea; this is something everyone has thought at one point or another, and I really think people can relate. Thanks!

bplvr
02-11-2009, 7:26 PM
I came to CGN from a reference at Ammo Bros. about OLL's. I promptly caught BRD and progressed into a firm 2A stand. It isn't about the label ,it is about the Constitution. It is time to draw a line in the sand and yell "I'm mad as hell,and I'm not gonna take this anymore. I am a law abiding citizen and I have the right to defend my family,home, and yours if need be" . You want to live in a country where ALL guns are outlawed ,then move to Mexico.
JMHO

wildhawker
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Things are coming along well; we will have the brochure going to press next week (!). Can'thave, Eric Mayer and Fastfinger have done a tremendous job with this.

Some things we still need help on if we can find some volunteers to lend or donate them (or generous folks to help with cost):
* Trade show table drape/cover, fabric, 8'x30" - Sew-on or imprinted Calguns logo?
* Misc. display material (backboard, matted/mounted pictures, etc.)
* Folding chairs
* Rifle display rack(s) (verticle- I'll make sure we have steel cable & locks)

Please keep in mind that this is a privately-funded grassroots effort with ALL proceeds going to the Calguns community.

This is just the first of many such booths, and we're counting on this entire body of supporters (members, sponsoring vendors and everyone in between) to help us achieve great things for Calguns, the Calguns Foundation and the entire RKBA community.

Gryff
02-13-2009, 3:34 PM

"California's premier online firearm information and discussion site"

Gryff
02-13-2009, 3:35 PM
We also might consider exhibiting at the Big Reno Gunshow (http://www.bigrenoshow.com/). Tons of Californians go to that show.

7x57
02-14-2009, 7:08 AM
Hey guys, I have the go ahead to display a poster of the flowchart beside the NRA table at the upcoming Glendale Gun show. It's got the Calguns logo featured prominently, so that will constitute a little cross-promotion which is what I wanted. That means I need to ask

(1) Has anyone made such a poster we could borrow?

(2) Is there anyone I should particularly ask for permission to display it?

(3) Any chance of a little quid pro quo for the NRA or the Member's Councils at a Calguns table? I like the idea of a little public display of cooperation.

7x57

Sheriff Jay
02-14-2009, 9:00 AM
Good Morning Fellow Calgunners-EXCITING NEWS! http://www.SheriffJay.org

This Sunday, 15 February, 2009 there is new radio program on KCBQ, 1170 am. called “On Target.” It begins at 6:00pm and runs until 7:00pm. I will be on from about 6:35pm. until 7:00pm. Ron Godwin from El Cajon Gun Exchange is the host, and a big supporter of my campaign! LISTEN IN!!!

DON’T FORGET: email me for your bumper stickers now! http://Jay@SheriffJay.org-get the word out! Thanks, Jay

Can'thavenuthingood
02-14-2009, 9:17 AM
Hey guys, I have the go ahead to display a poster of the flowchart beside the NRA table at the upcoming Glendale Gun show. It's got the Calguns logo featured prominently, so that will constitute a little cross-promotion which is what I wanted. That means I need to ask

(1) Has anyone made such a poster we could borrow?

(2) Is there anyone I should particularly ask for permission to display it?

(3) Any chance of a little quid pro quo for the NRA or the Member's Councils at a Calguns table? I like the idea of a little public display of cooperation.

7x57

Eric Mayer is making the banner we are using for booth up at Cow Palace. I just spoke with him a few minutes ago. Apparently the flow chart he has is in jpg format and doesn't expand to size very well. It needs to be put in an .eps or .ai file format, vectorizing or vectorized is the term to use.

He has talked with Fastfinger who is in touch with redhorse.

Redhorse made the flow chart but I don't know how.

Fastfinger?
Redhorse?
Do we have a vectorized version of the flow chart available?

If so Eric can easily make larger versions.

I think its why a poster sized flow chart for the Coa Palace has been set aside as its too blurry after enlaring the jpg.

Any vectorizers out there?

Vick

CHS
02-14-2009, 9:42 AM
Do we have a vectorized version of the flow chart available?

The flowchart is already in vector format. Download the PDF from the website.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

wildhawker
02-14-2009, 10:17 AM
We also might consider exhibiting at the Big Reno Gunshow (http://www.bigrenoshow.com/). Tons of Californians go to that show.

I like the event and the date, gives us some time to regroup after Cow Palace.

Anyone in to grab a booth (if there's any available) w/ electricity for us? Booth volunteers? Think 4-6 hour shifts, and we'll need a crew to spell the booth folks now and then.

7x57
02-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I think its why a poster sized flow chart for the Coa Palace has been set aside as its too blurry after enlaring the jpg.

I guess that means no one has created one we can borrow. If the .pdf will expand (I don't know why not, as it is a vector format as already stated), I can see if we have funds to do it. That might be the deal-breaker, but I'm not sure what a poster costs so it might not be.

If we make one, perhaps it will be useful for a future Calguns table down here in SoCal as well?

No word on whether/who to get formal approval for the display, and/or for some cross-promotion?

7x57

wildhawker
02-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I guess that means no one has created one we can borrow. If the .pdf will expand (I don't know why not, as it is a vector format as already stated), I can see if we have funds to do it. That might be the deal-breaker, but I'm not sure what a poster costs so it might not be.

If we make one, perhaps it will be useful for a future Calguns table down here in SoCal as well?

No word on whether/who to get formal approval for the display, and/or for some cross-promotion?

7x57

7x57, I shot you an email. PM me if you didn't get it.

-Brandon

7x57
02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
7x57, I shot you an email. PM me if you didn't get it.

Received and replied, thanks much.

7x57

Can'thavenuthingood
02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
The flowchart is already in vector format. Download the PDF from the website.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

My guess is, and its no longer an educated guess, I don't understand aspects of what I'm talking about.

I'm going back to the corner and play with my lego blocks now.

Vick

7x57
02-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm going back to the corner and play with my lego blocks now.

LEGO PARTY!!!!! :hurray::party::hurray::jump:

<notices shocked silence>

Um, what? Why are y'all looking at me like that? I have to quit liking legos when the gray hair starts to show up? Nuts. :(

Hah! I guess that's what I have kids for. :D

7x57

DedEye
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
We're going to have dinner afterward at a sushi restaurant in the East Bay. They're giving a portion of our bill to the CGF :D.

Details here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156806).

Can'thavenuthingood
02-23-2009, 4:15 PM
I just shipped off the neat Royal Blue polo's the booth volunteers will be wearing.

BBT will be pulling up to wildhawkers door soon with a couple boxes of goodies for the show.

So watch for the guys in Blue:D

Vick

wildhawker
02-24-2009, 6:06 AM
I just shipped off the neat Royal Blue polo's the booth volunteers will be wearing.

BBT will be pulling up to wildhawkers door soon with a couple boxes of goodies for the show.

So watch for the guys in Blue:D

Vick

I am afraid of what my porch is going to look like tonight :p

Come on out and see these fine blue polos modeled by none other than Ivanimal, DedEye and Bwiese, among others! Its THE fashion event of the gunshow season. Pick up your own Calguns tee or cap and join us on the runway. :thumbsup:

DDT
02-24-2009, 6:22 AM
Sorry I'm going to miss it. Somehow I had completely lost track of this thread until last night. Hope to see you next time.

redneckshootist
02-24-2009, 8:02 AM
Just noticed this thread. Ive been very busy and havent had time to surf calguns lately but Im gonna show up at the cow palace show on saturday and could help at the booth if needed.

Also Cal-Expo in sacramento has a show on march 7-8 and Im a local I could arrage my schedule to help at a calguns booth there.

wildhawker
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Just noticed this thread. Ive been very busy and havent had time to surf calguns lately but Im gonna show up at the cow palace show on saturday and could help at the booth if needed.

Also Cal-Expo in sacramento has a show on march 7-8 and Im a local I could arrage my schedule to help at a calguns booth there.

We'll put you down as a Sacto and Bay area volunteer ;)

We should be good to go on help for this show, but would love all the company we can get... let's make the Calguns booth a busy one!

See you there!

redneckshootist
02-24-2009, 1:45 PM
just a random thought, is it possible to do a flow chart for shotguns and handguns?

ke6guj
02-24-2009, 1:55 PM
just a random thought, is it possible to do a flow chart for shotguns and handguns?I don't see why not. Go ahead and start another thread about it and see if you get any help compiling the info. Contact Redhorse and he may be able to help by using the flowchart generator program to create the final product.

wildhawker
02-24-2009, 2:16 PM
I don't see why not. Go ahead and start another thread about it and see if you get any help compiling the info. Contact Redhorse and he may be able to help by using the flowchart generator program to create the final product.

If someone can get the data together in a reasonably-determinable fashion; shoot me an email to combspm@gmail.com and we'll get to work- we're currently working on a 20"x30" rifle flowchart and these will be next in line.

Personally, I think we should wait on HG until NeRFs are in the wild and greenlighted.

DedEye
02-25-2009, 12:02 AM
just a random thought, is it possible to do a flow chart for shotguns and handguns?

Another member has already started undertaking the flowchart for shotguns; he made a thread a few weeks back.

B.D.Dubloon
02-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Do you know where in the CP the table will be? I will be there on Saturday and want to pick up a shirt early so I can sport it all day.

BDD

wildhawker
02-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Do you know where in the CP the table will be? I will be there on Saturday and want to pick up a shirt early so I can sport it all day.

BDD

We were hoping to jocky for position over the phone, but it looks like we'll find out Friday earliest. Anyone free to go by the Cow Palace Friday during check-in to get us a nice spot? If so, PM me and I'll give the promoter a heads-up. "Exhibitor set up hours are on Friday from 12 noon until 7 p.m."

Manic Moran
02-25-2009, 5:52 PM
Just back from a month away with the Army, found this thread. I'll likely swing by and say 'hi' on Saturday.

I can bring a SIG 556 (BB) and FAL (Fixed mag, stipper clip loader) if still required for demonstration purposes, but I'm not sure on the rules on bringing firearms to a gun show. (Sounds ironic, doesn't it?).

Failing that, I'll just provide moral support as I go shopping...

NTM

wildhawker
02-25-2009, 6:09 PM
Just back from a month away with the Army, found this thread. I'll likely swing by and say 'hi' on Saturday.

I can bring a SIG 556 (BB) and FAL (Fixed mag, stipper clip loader) if still required for demonstration purposes, but I'm not sure on the rules on bringing firearms to a gun show. (Sounds ironic, doesn't it?).

Failing that, I'll just provide moral support as I go shopping...

NTM

Thanks for the generous offer of the demos! We're in good shape for this show, but would love to keep in touch for future events. Shoot me a PM with your info and we'll keep you posted.

We'll see you out there on Saturday :thumbsup:

Vectrexer
02-25-2009, 7:06 PM
"I'll be there, but there's NO WAY I'll be caught dead at the Calguns booth :)"

I will only be caught alive at the booth.

BTW, I will be probably be the only rider there with armored pants on to go with the jacket. Most others will ride in only jeans. So I'll be easy to recognize.

Manic Moran
02-25-2009, 7:10 PM
Mmm.. The Army did let me bring home my 40lbs of body armour... I might get a few weird looks though.

NTM

Vectrexer
02-25-2009, 7:17 PM
Mmm.. The Army did let me bring home my 40lbs of body armour... I might get a few weird looks though.

NTM

I say wear it.

dirtyJ
02-25-2009, 7:24 PM
I too am in the Sacramento area and would like to help, just wouldn't be able to do it this coming weekend. Already got plans on Saturday at the Fox in Oakland, (mmm free concert), and Sunday the wife has things to do.

wildhawker
02-25-2009, 9:00 PM
I too am in the Sacramento area and would like to help, just wouldn't be able to do it this coming weekend. Already got plans on Saturday at the Fox in Oakland, (mmm free concert), and Sunday the wife has things to do.

Future volunteers, shoot me a PM... we'll be in touch. :cool:

high_revs
02-26-2009, 8:31 PM
not sure i can make it as i seem to be coming down with something. i was looking forward to it too. but at least a donation check should've made it to CGF fund by now.

GrayWolf09
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM
How about March 14 & 15 in San Jose?

wildhawker
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
How about March 14 & 15 in San Jose?

If we can get some printed materials together for it and find a few volunteers to man the booth, we may be able to cover it on a more limited basis.

Volunteers sound off!

hellraiser
02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
i will look for you guys bright and early!!!!

bplvr
02-27-2009, 7:41 PM
Today I reserved a wall table with electric hookup for the Del Mar Gun Show on March 21 & 22 . I tried to get the table as close to CWS as possible. The volunteer roster for Saturday is full , but we may need one or 2 people to volunteer on Sunday. :cool::thumbsup:

oaklander
02-27-2009, 7:46 PM
I will be there in the afternoon - save me a shirt!

:D

Vectrexer
02-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Sent this to Brandon (aka wildhawker (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=23649)). But if for some reason the Flowchart gets missed then let me know

I can bring mine down to the show early tomorrow morning.

I already used my plotter to make printout on single sheets of semi-gloss photo paper. Each measures 34 inches high by 44 inches wide. There are two total sheets with a printout of each page of the flowchart.

Send me an email or a pm. The email will go to my Blackberry.

Additionally, if the Cow Palace show passes without using the posters and you need them for your booth in the next show (Ventura, San Jose, etc.) just let me know and I will mail it out to you.

If you need a larger or smaller size the max I can reprint on one sheet is 44" x 56".

wildhawker
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Shot you an email, call me in the morning.

Thanks,

Brandon

Sent this to Brandon (aka wildhawker (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=23649)). But if for some reason the Flowchart gets missed then let me know

I can bring mine down to the show early tomorrow morning.

I already used my plotter to make printout on single sheets of semi-gloss photo paper. Each measures 34 inches high by 44 inches wide. There are two total sheets with a printout of each page of the flowchart.

Send me an email or a pm. The email will go to my Blackberry.

Additionally, if the Cow Palace show passes without using the posters and you need them for your booth in the next show (Ventura, San Jose, etc.) just let me know and I will mail it out to you.

If you need a larger or smaller size the max I can reprint on one sheet is 44" x 56".

wildhawker
02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
OK guys, it's 1:15am Saturday morning and it's time for some beauty sleep before we get there :)

Hope to see many of you at the show!

-Brandon

Can'thavenuthingood
02-28-2009, 7:28 AM
Today I reserved a wall table with electric hookup for the Del Mar Gun Show on March 21 & 22 . I tried to get the table as close to CWS as possible. The volunteer roster for Saturday is full , but we may need one or 2 people to volunteer on Sunday. :cool::thumbsup:

Okay then, I'll need the shirt sizes of those volunteers working the booth. I need to start stitching CALGUNS.NET on the Polo shirts. I'm off now to get some more needles and band-aids.:D

bp, recommend you start a new thread for your activities relating to Del Mar so those involved can stay abreast of developments.

Feel free to contact me, I'll PM my number.

Vick

bluthandwerk
02-28-2009, 9:19 AM
I dropped by the booth today and met Ivanimal, Bill, Dedeye, Wildhawker and his wife. The booth looked great, and they had lots of goodies. If you're headed out that way bring change :D

Thanks to them, and everyone involved with the outreach.

Can'thavenuthingood
02-28-2009, 9:38 AM
Pictures, pictures or a live cam hookup.

Vick

trashman
02-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Dropped by the booth -- both times it looked like there was a good cluster of non-Calgunner gunnies! Also got to chat briefly with Ivan and Bill; got to meet Dedeye, Wildhawker and his wife.

And guys - congratulations on the booth. It looked friggin' FANTASTIC!

--Neill

redstars
02-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Just got home from the show and i am tired! Waiting around for ammo was a pain in the ***, but in the end i had a great time. It was good to see some other calgunners and meet some nice people. Thanks for the shirt and stickers!

anyracoon
02-28-2009, 1:34 PM
Good to see old & new Calgunner faces at the booth. Got T-shirt & stickers. Left a little extra for the cause. You guys did/doing a great job.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

doughboy334
02-28-2009, 2:11 PM
grand job people who worked today. thanks wildhawker and hope 2m turns out the same way or even better

elrcastor
02-28-2009, 4:25 PM
I dropped by the booth today and met Ivanimal, Bill, Dedeye, Wildhawker and his wife. The booth looked great, and they had lots of goodies. If you're headed out that way bring change :D

Thanks to them, and everyone involved with the outreach.

:clap::iagree::gunsmilie:

aklon
02-28-2009, 4:31 PM
I stopped by before the show opened and met Ivanimal and chatted with the other folks there. I bought a T-shirt, filled out a name tag, and wore that all day outside while recruiting at the NRA booth.

wildhawker
02-28-2009, 5:22 PM
Hey guys, more to follow... heading to the Dinner at Amakara in Dublin now (come if you can!) but wanted to get these out.

A big THANK YOU to all the Calgunners who stopped by, everyone who donated to CGF (we were VERY blessed today... details to follow) and the guys who really took this all the way to make this happen (Can'thavenuthingood, FastFinger and Eric Mayer, especially).

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1538Large.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1542Large-1.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1544Large.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1546Large.jpg

CapS
02-28-2009, 6:00 PM
You guys did a great job representing CGN. Thank you!
But who's that old f*rt in the NRA jacket? Wait a minute!! That's myself marveling at the boothness of it all.

I wasn't able to stay long at the show, but for the next one in my area I'd like to join the other volunteers.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

/Cap

Vectrexer
02-28-2009, 6:33 PM
St. Bill's Halo

http://www.zmaxdp.com/CGN/IMG00066_R.jpg

Vectrexer
02-28-2009, 6:36 PM
Bill is a nice person to meet and very approachable. Worth a hello or two.

http://www.zmaxdp.com/CGN/IMG00067_R.jpg

Can'thavenuthingood
02-28-2009, 6:52 PM
How did the Flow Chart come out? Was it clear and readable from across the table?

So far it looks like all the Polo shirts fit the crew, I was a bit concerned about that.

Bill you have longer hair than I imagined, always had a mental image of a NASA type.

Vick

sevans
02-28-2009, 8:24 PM
Booth looked great today. It was very nice to meet Dedeye, Bill, Ivan, Wildhawker and several other calgunners. Booth was crowded every time I went past.

Thanks to everyone who put this together! (and I even got a new t-shirt out of this deal).

Vinz
02-28-2009, 9:02 PM
Great job all. I stopped by and met Dougboy and the gal working the table. Bought a few ammo can stickers. Everyone was busy. Im going to stop by tomorrow.

Vinz

oaklander
02-28-2009, 9:16 PM
The booth looked great!

GREAT job everyone!

:thumbsup:

Me and a fellow Calgunner stopped by - it was awesome to see everyone there, and the open carrying of the OLL's was way cool.

Here's another pic of the booth. . .

http://s5.tinypic.com/53r38m.jpg

wildhawker
02-28-2009, 10:26 PM
The booth looked great!

GREAT job everyone!

:thumbsup:

Me and a fellow Calgunner stopped by - it was awesome to see everyone there, and the open carrying of the OLL's was way cool.

Here's another pic of the booth. . .

http://s5.tinypic.com/53r38m.jpg

Mrs. Wildhawker was so dialed in by noon she could do it with her eyes closed ;)

In all seriousness, my sincere thanks and congratulations to the guys (and gal) who manned the booth throughout the day: Bwiess, Ivanimal, Dedeye, doughboy334, SwissFluCase and last, but not least, Mrs.Wildhawker. Also, a thank you to GammaRei and his wife for bringing some tired volunteers some [greatly appreciated] hot coffee!

Everyone's dedication, hard work and support has been tremendous, and today is another example of why Calgunners are more than simply online personas, and why Calguns.net is more than a website... this is a community of friends and neighbors.

We'll give you a complete run-down of the weekend's events tomorrow night; until then, rest assured that Calguns.net and the Calguns Foundation were well-represented by the various booth elements and the men and women who took the message to the showgoers.

If you haven't been, please do stop by the booth tomorrow and say hello to your fellow Calgunners!

See you tomorrow,

Brandon

Hopi
02-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Kudos to all involved! Well done!

Manic Moran
02-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Good to put faces to names.

I still wonder about the guys in the booth next to you, though.

NTM

domokun
03-01-2009, 1:21 AM

NTM

The Ron Paul supporters? :thumbsup:

wikidklown
03-01-2009, 2:05 AM
'twas nice seeing CG'rs in person. thanks for the kickass tshirt! nice talking to you all!

tankerman
03-01-2009, 6:41 AM
Who's the "Mall Ninja" wearing the slinged AR15?;)

bwiese
03-01-2009, 6:55 AM
How did the Flow Chart come out? Was it clear and readable from across the table?

Most excellent!!

So far it looks like all the Polo shirts fit the crew, I was a bit concerned about that.Y

Yes, but when Liz and I had to shop at Walmart that evening, I was mistaken for Management. :(

Bill you have longer hair than I imagined, always had a mental image of a NASA type.I do generally keep my hair shorter, I was overdue for a haircut this weekend as it was. Got me on a bad day.

I am absolutely AMAZED at the skill & effort expended in organizing this. As one of the founding CGFers, I want to thank all who attended, helped, supplied, etc. Special thanks to Brandon and his lovely wife for pulling so many things together.

We
(1) really spread the word,
(2) established setup for a "repeatable" presence - i.e, not a one-time thing;
(3) got some nice donation flow into CGF to kick the fight into high gear.

(Vectrexer, great to meet you!)

Can'thavenuthingood
03-01-2009, 7:36 AM
Yes, but when Liz and I had to shop at Walmart that evening, I was mistaken for Management. :(
Hmmmmmmm, did you get a deal on WWB?

I tried to get a color that was not so wide spread or recognizable as any other entity. I didn't think about Wal-Mart though.

It was a color selected as one of a few that went up to 6XL and we plan to have the booth Volunteers wear the same shirts.
Well different shirts but the same model, you get to keep them.

I plan those to be booth specific as in work the booth and get the shirt. Not for sale to the General board membership.

You guys did well and signed up some more members due to your professionalism.

Vick

CapS
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
I plan those to be booth specific as in work the booth and get the shirt. Not for sale to the General board membership.

Yes! Will work for shirt! :chris:

/Cap

hellraiser
03-01-2009, 2:16 PM
cool to see you guys at the show!!!!! hope this becomes a regular thing....bumper sticker already on my tailgate!!!!!

wash
03-01-2009, 2:42 PM
It was a pleasure meeting the people at the Calguns booth.

I was happy to see Calguns pamplets at almost all of the booths I shopped at (I didn't check the sham-wow booth).

I really liked the fact that there were plenty of fixed magazine OLL's and I didn't see the police hassle any one (but I wasn't everywhere at all times).

There were a few items I was looking for that I did not find but after searching a long time I did find the one booth with Strip LULAs and the one booth with 5.56 stripper clips. Now my 1000 rounds of lake city XM193 is on strippers ready to fill up the 10 round magazines I bought.

I would have found an excuse to stay longer if there was some kind of activity planned like a dinner or something. Perhaps next time.

wildhawker
03-01-2009, 4:41 PM
A couple pics from today, with a bit more on today and the weekend's events after dinner.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1561Large.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1562Large.jpg

Vectrexer
03-01-2009, 5:24 PM
I just have to say this,,, nice finger placement!

:rofl2: Only because there are some many finger nazis here. vaild points everytime, but thie love to come out just the same.

Loved meeting the people I saw. You're all top notch! Ivan, DeadEye, Bill, and the Wildhawkers, it was a pleasure!

Vectrexer
03-01-2009, 5:31 PM
Most excellent!!
(3) got some nice donation flow into CGF to kick the fight into high gear.

So I take it the booth cost more than offset the income?

(My $20 shirt and stickers should have been a little more for the till)

MonsterMan
03-01-2009, 5:42 PM
Was there a MMG rifle there on display? Just curious.

Looks like a great booth. I wish I was able to make it. Maybe next time. :)

AlliedArmory
03-01-2009, 5:42 PM
how much are the shirts selling for at the show? just the short sleeve brown ones with black logo

vladbutsky
03-01-2009, 6:16 PM
There were couple mmg rifles and a lot of people tried it!

Eroland7
03-01-2009, 6:30 PM
Stopped by the booth today, looked great. signed in, got a sticker, wore my nametag. I think the booth was a total success.

hoffmang
03-01-2009, 6:43 PM
Thanks again to all of you guys for pulling off such a great booth!

-Gene

hoffmang
03-01-2009, 6:44 PM
Was there a MMG rifle there on display? Just curious.

I think Ivan got a photo of me with a MMG'ed rifle that went somewhere amusing.

-Gene

Manic Moran
03-01-2009, 7:16 PM
Had my first look at a U-15 at the CG stand, actually. Not as bad as I had thought.

NTM

wildhawker
03-01-2009, 7:40 PM
Calgunners,

While this is in no way comprehensive, here are a few highlights from and comments on the show:

It was a real pleasure to meet all of you who came by the booth. We definitely appreciated the support, and it was great to have the aisle filled to the brim with Calgunners and future Calgunners. This is about people, and while it is easy to see these great many lines posted by all of us under our usernames, I hope we never forget the real people behind this wonderful site and community.

Through the 2 days of this show, we definitely got the message out... over 500 Calguns brochures were handed out by our booth and some friendly FFLs. However you slice it, that is over 500 opportunities to get truthful information into the public realm and strengthen our community. AM, eat your heart out...

I'll let DedEye tell his stories of his conversation with the Interpretation Enforcement Officer, as we lovingly called him (since his apparent personal mission was to enforce his interpretation of the law, not the law itself), and others, and Lateralus' very uplifting and positive conversation with other LEOs who wanted the flowchart so they and their friends could build LEGAL ARs... this, friends, is huge.

I know that this site has over 24,000 members now, and ~9,000 active members. As the CGN Mission Statement states, "Alone, we are but scattered noise; together, we are deafening and cannot be ignored." How very true, and that deafening roar you hear approaching is not rain, but thousands of Calgunners and the Calguns Foundation coming to take back our rights.

There are some very special people I must thank for their incredible commitment and generosity, not to mention the many late night calls to discuss an idea or review a piece of material. I'll only use their usernames here, but be sure that these great men and women were instrumental in the creation and preparation of this effort. So, in no particular order, I'd like to thank Can'thavenuthingood, FastFinger, Eric Mayer, Zebra, pnkssbtz, and Mrs.Wildhawker for all their hard work and patience. For an all-volunteer grassroots group to out something of this magnitude together in not much more than 3 weeks (starting from scratch, and having never worked together in any capacity prior) is simply astonishing. Their efforts embody the Calguns spirit.

To those who donned the blue polos this weekend and took the Calguns message to thousands of people, your dedication and passion were simply overwhelming. Fellow Calgunners, these people worked tremendously hard to greet you and patiently educate new gunnies and old alike, conversing and standing for [quite literally] hours upon hours, all while braving the gamut of personalities that accompany such an event. For this, please join with me in thanking Ivanimal, DedEye, Bwiess, Doughboy334, SwissFluCase, Vladbutsky, SJgunguy24, Lateralus and last, but certainly not least, Mrs. Wildhawker… there was a reason that this event was such a successful one, and these people are the reason that we were able to make the human connections that we did.

I would be remiss to go without pointing out the awe-inspiring turnout of you, Calgunners. So many times during the weekend there were such a gathering of Calgunners that show goers could not walk through the aisle, and sometimes encroached into the (very understanding and supportive) adjacent tables. Not only did you show up and support the booth, but so many of you very generously donated to the Foundation as well.

While the indirect effects of the show are difficult to quantify (although very real and terrifically substantive), I am so very proud to announce our final tally of the weekends’ efforts. For this two-day effort, the Calguns Foundation has benefitted by a total of $2,136.00 in cash donations (not including those who sent donations prior to the event).

In closing, rest assured that this is only the first of many such events. This effort is 100% volunteer-driven, and I hope to soon hear from all of you who would like to work together in supporting Calguns.net and the Calguns Foundation in the future. Let us celebrate our successes, and then let us rally once again. Until then, please accept my sincerest appreciation for each and every one of you who make Calguns.net the web’s preeminent online community.

Regards,

Brandon Combs

domokun
03-01-2009, 8:53 PM
So I take it the booth cost more than offset the income?

(My $20 shirt and stickers should have been a little more for the till)

The booth rates at the Cow Palace show are quite reasonable. $80 pre-paid, $90 at the event if I'm not mistaken.

Darklyte27
03-01-2009, 8:55 PM
right on guys, keep up the good word.:thumbsup:

RP1911
03-01-2009, 9:00 PM
If and when the powers to be decide to bring the booth to CalExpo, I'd volunteer to help out and work the booth.

Great job everyone.

doughboy334
03-01-2009, 9:01 PM

NTM

yea, when i entered the cow palace and looked for the booth i was relieved to find it easily from the entrance but uttered a what the F when I saw we were placed right next to the truthers.

ivanimal
03-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I am so proud of the effort and result of the booth. Thanks to everyone that helped and showed up. It was truly amazing.

I would like to say this publicly, although you already know how I feel. Wildhawker and Mrs. Wildhawker. You guys are an inspiration. The way you set this up and informed everybody was tremendous, the organization and thoughtfulness was only outshone by the ingenuity and class that was the end result. You make us all proud. I pray we are friend till we are very old.

To the people that were in the booth with me I enjoyed the message and the delivery. There was no training needed. It is so nice to be near and dear to so many well informed enthusiasts, that love nothing more than to give that knowledge away.

Lastly to Otis the 12 year old that I spent 15 minutes going over the AR and its function, you are the future of gun ownership. Thanks for teaching an old man that the childlike enthusiasm is still here. It is for you that we march on and fight the good fight.

Thank you.

domokun
03-02-2009, 12:38 AM

I think you would have gotten a similar response if you had gone to Best Buy. :D

wildhawker
03-02-2009, 8:21 AM
Would the Calgunner who left a donation and wanted to receive a shirt in a size we did not have please PM me?

ke6guj
03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I think you would have gotten a similar response if you had gone to Best Buy. :D

Best Buy might have called 5-0 on you :D
http://improveverywhere.com/2006/04/23/best-buy/

N6ATF
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Freaking HILARIOUS!

I get mistaken as a store employee practically everywhere I go even if I'm wearing totally different clothing.

Manic Moran
03-02-2009, 7:43 PM
I'll let DedEye tell his stories of his conversation with the Interpretation Enforcement Officer, as we lovingly called him

Still waiting...

NTM

DedEye
03-02-2009, 8:17 PM
Still waiting...

NTM

Really wanted to punch that guy.

Daly City PD who insisted that "his interpretation" is what mattered and that "He has his interpretation and I have mine" regarding the bullet button. According to his point of view, bullet buttons with empty mag wells are felonies.

Good for you jackass, next time listen to me when I spell out 11CCR5469 and PC12276.1. I stayed polite, civil and respectful, but was livid when he walked away.

The only person who annoyed me more was the ex-cop who insisted that he didn't need AW registration for his thumbhole stocked Mini-14 because he was former LE. He made it even better by saying that "he knew PC12025" and knew he was legal. Not listening to my explanation that 12025 covers transportation/carrying didn't help.

**** it. You can't fix stupid.

Nice meeting everyone that stopped by.

trashman
03-02-2009, 8:49 PM
Daly City PD who insisted that "his interpretation" is what mattered and that "He has his interpretation and I have mine" regarding the bullet button. According to his point of view, bullet buttons with empty mag wells are felonies.

You know, I ran into him (literally) at the Contra Costa Collectibles booth, and overheard him jawing at Chuck there about something related to "wanting to keep guns out of the hands of criminals"....I just rolled my eyes and moved on.

When I saw him I though he seemed like a guy who was pleased to have pulled the gunshow duty so he could throw his weight around. Sounds like I was right...I'm sorry he came over and booth-crapped on you guys.

--Neill

Manic Moran
03-03-2009, 6:22 PM

So why did he not arrest anyone at the show, then? Plenty of felons to nail, he'd make his annual quota in about five minutes flat.

NTM

wildhawker
03-03-2009, 7:16 PM
...he'd make his annual quota in about five minutes flat.

NTM

If his interpretation was correct, five minutes would be generous. SJgunguy24 and I were simply incredulous. DedEye made a valiant effort in explaining the law and offered a flowchart to no avail.

N6ATF
03-03-2009, 9:24 PM
So why did he not arrest anyone at the show, then? Plenty of felons to nail, he'd make his annual quota in about five minutes flat.

NTM

Hell, I'd whip out my handcuffs, put them on right in front of him and demand he take me into custody for his own imaginary law.

tankerman
03-03-2009, 9:31 PM
Did you make your point by standing next to him with your AR, empty magwell and BB?
Really wanted to punch that guy.

Good for you jackass, next time listen to me when I spell out 11CCR5469 and PC12276.1. I stayed polite, civil and respectful, but was livid when he walked away.

The only person who annoyed me more was the ex-cop who insisted that he didn't need AW registration for his thumbhole stocked Mini-14 because he was former LE. He made it even better by saying that "he knew PC12025" and knew he was legal. Not listening to my explanation that 12025 covers transportation/carrying didn't help.

**** it. You can't fix stupid.

Nice meeting everyone that stopped by.

jwest
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Calgunners,

Just want to say 'thank you' for setting up the booth at the show - and I was glad to meet some of you face-to-face for the first time.

I wasn't able to be at the show until 1:30PM on Sunday - but am glad I went.

I picked up a shirt, a color copy of the flowchart, and the 'California OLL Quick Reference Law Book' which I've really enjoyed reading.

The Sacramento PD Training Bulletin on page 95 puts it at about as plain as it gets.

There was one booth that sold Dillon reloading equipment - www.sugarfreebob.com is the web-site. They sold 3 550's and 1 650 on Saturday. One booth was selling primers and powder.

Any plans for a booth at the Reno show?

Regards,
jwest

bwiese
03-04-2009, 12:02 AM

For that ex-cop, did you get a name?
Any idea if his transgressions extended back to when he had a badge and was on duty?

wildhawker
03-04-2009, 5:38 AM
Calgunners,

Just want to say 'thank you' for setting up the booth at the show - and I was glad to meet some of you face-to-face for the first time.

I wasn't able to be at the show until 1:30PM on Sunday - but am glad I went.

I picked up a shirt, a color copy of the flowchart, and the 'California OLL Quick Reference Law Book' which I've really enjoyed reading.

The Sacramento PD Training Bulletin on page 95 puts it at about as plain as it gets.

There was one booth that sold Dillon reloading equipment - www.sugarfreebob.com is the web-site. They sold 3 550's and 1 650 on Saturday. One booth was selling primers and powder.

Any plans for a booth at the Reno show?

Regards,
jwest

It was great having you by, and your support is greatly appreciated.

As quoted from post #24 in this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=142537),

here's a tentative list of shows which are currently targeted for a Calguns booth:

3/14/2009 - 3/15/2009 San Jose, CA
3/21/2009 - 3/22/2009 Del Mar Gun Show
4/4/2009 - 4/5/2009 Bakersfield Gun Show
5/2/2009 - 5/3/2009 Daly City Gun Show
5/16/2009 - 5/17/2009 Ontario Gun Show
6/6/2009 - 6/7/2009 Costa Mesa Gun Show
6/20/2009 - 6/21/2009 San Jose, CA
7/25/2009 - 7/26/2009 Fresno Gun Show
8/14/2009 - 8/16/2009 Big Reno Show
*If not Big Reno, Costa Mesa 8/14-16
9/19/2009 - 9/20/2009 Daly City Gun Show
11/7/2009 - 11/8/2009 Daly City Gun Show
11/28/2009 - 11/29/2009 San Jose, CA
12/12/2009 - 12/13/2009 Del Mar Gun Show (tentative)

These booths are both expensive to produce and very time consuming, so we need to be strategic and not bite off too much this year. Next year should open up quite a bit, especially as the groundwork is laid and core groups of local volunteers form.

Anyone interested in lending support to these efforts (financial, time, services or otherwise), shoot me a PM and we'll be in touch!

DedEye
03-05-2009, 7:31 PM
Did you make your point by standing next to him with your AR, empty magwell and BB?

Yep, skipped the BB though ;).

For that ex-cop, did you get a name?
Any idea if his transgressions extended back to when he had a badge and was on duty?

No name, though I would have loved to get one. He did tell me that he bought AWs as a LEO, and I asked if he was riding a brass pass or had a letter.

He said he didn't need either :rolleyes:.

SJgunguy24
03-05-2009, 7:54 PM
I thought we were gonna have to put the choke chain on DeadEye to keep him from beating that LEO with a copy of the flowchart. "Boy ....we've got a fiesty one here" as Steve Irwin would say