PDA

View Full Version : Got my PS90! Pic! Few questions...

xxxx
02-01-2009, 9:43 PM
I am out of state and picked up a PS90. After taking it down - I loved it even more, incredibly simple (makes an AK look complex) and not many places to rust (all plastic) - looks to be a damn fine weapon. I do have a few questions though;

1) What do I use to clean this? Does FN make a cleaning kit for 5.7?
2) I want to put a rail on top and use a different optic, where can I purchase the FN top rail?
3) What kind of optic would you recommend for this gun - I am mostly a pistol guy and when I do bring out the long guns I stick to irons. New to the small carbine optics. Fill me in.
4) When I bring it back to CA - how do I make it compliant?

sleepur606
02-01-2009, 9:45 PM
1.) I hate you...jealousy.
2.) I know there are a few other people on that have done mag locks, but not sure how exactly. It doesn't have the same style of latch as an AK or AR type rifle.

Nice looking gun. Take it outside in the light and get some more pics.

virulosity
02-01-2009, 9:46 PM
1) a .22 caliber cleaning kit will work fine
2)gunbroker?
3)aimpoint, eotech?
4)search "PS90" here and you will find several threads on different options. you will need to fix the mag and extend the overall length

xxxx
02-01-2009, 9:57 PM
Nice looking gun. Take it outside in the light and get some more pics.

I am in NYC right now - not allowed to bring guns here. The gun is out of the city so no more pics until I post a range report.

Josh3239
02-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Before you find a way to make it CA compliant, you can separate the receiver from the stock to bring it into CA. As long as it remains unassembled you are fine.

xxxx
02-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Before you find a way to make it CA compliant, you can separate the receiver from the stock to bring it into CA. As long as it remains unassembled you are fine.

I was thinking that - I searched the forums and came up for 487 results for PS90 Maglock - most of them didn't even relate.

Jpach
02-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Do as Josh says, and congrats on your rifle! Better let us know how it shoots ASAP

Josh3239
02-02-2009, 1:16 AM
It looks like Chris over at LAN World Inc can help you out.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=60863&highlight=ps90

wash
02-02-2009, 7:32 AM
Since the factory optic isn't the greatest, I'm going to do the logical thing and get a laser installed.

I think that solution is just about right for a PDW.

xxxx
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Since the factory optic isn't the greatest, I'm going to do the logical thing and get a laser installed.

I think that solution is just about right for a PDW.

You mean get side rails and mount a laser? Or is there a different way to put laser on a PS90?

wash
02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
There is a factory laser install. It all fits inside the stock.

There is a company that does it. There are a few flavors of install, I think it's low budget, factory style and better than factory. I think it has to do with the laser module used and how the battery is mounted.

xxxx
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
There is a factory laser install. It all fits inside the stock.

There is a company that does it. There are a few flavors of install, I think it's low budget, factory style and better than factory. I think it has to do with the laser module used and how the battery is mounted.

Please fill me in!:D

xxxx
02-02-2009, 1:33 PM
I think I am a bit out of my element here - and it seems this rifle isn't too popular in CA, can anyone recommend a forum for the PS90? I Googled it but they all seemed out dated.

MrSlippyFist
02-02-2009, 1:43 PM
I think I am a bit out of my element here - and it seems this rifle isn't too popular in CA, can anyone recommend a forum for the PS90? I Googled it but they all seemed out dated.

www.fivesevenforum.com

It's not that the rifle isn't wanted in PRK....

If you like star trek try this one, http://www.fnforum.net/

fallenknight308
02-02-2009, 3:08 PM
1.) I hate you...jealousy.

Jealousy setting in..............:(

wash
02-02-2009, 4:09 PM
Please fill me in!:D
http://www.promotedpawn.com/

That's the company that offered the Laserex install.

I looked on their web page, I don't know if they are doing it any more.

They still have some neat stuff for the PS90.

Solidsnake87
02-02-2009, 5:53 PM
Like others have said, a .22 cleaning kit will work perfectly fine. Just make sure you use a coated cleaning rod. Check out the Eotech, Aimpoint, C-more, or even a Trijicon Docter site. All are great and will look snazzy. :D

devildog999
02-02-2009, 9:00 PM
I have a question... can I have it?? Plz

I want one sooo bad. Loved that weapon since I first saw it

SJgunguy24
02-02-2009, 9:17 PM
I want one too, will you take a slightly used 14 year old boy with a mild attitude problem for a trade. He's great for manual labor if don't mind yelling and listening to him complain:p JK

Nice pick up bro:thumbsup: