PDA

View Full Version : ten percent doesnt sell online anymore

Chunky_lover
02-01-2009, 6:55 PM
ten percent doesnt sell online anymore what happened?

Pthfndr
02-01-2009, 6:59 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=131551

Chunky_lover
02-01-2009, 7:02 PM
Well thats a first for me, shutting down because too many people want your products. Thanks for the link.

Jwood562
02-01-2009, 7:16 PM
kinda makes sense....he would rather keep his local loyals rather than turing them away because he sold everything he had online.

because even if he he did not sell out in person then he could just sell online again.

Sounds like loyal customer service to me

Heavy_Grinder
02-01-2009, 7:17 PM
I believe there's more to it. If I remember correctly, Wes made a thread preceding the thread mentioned where he basically lambasted buyers and customers from calguns for asking, emailing, and calling about the availability of certain items.

ohsmily
02-01-2009, 7:18 PM
NO WAY!!?! WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!!

Fantasma
02-01-2009, 7:22 PM
I think he was charging way more then what should be charged and some people got mad and he said that he will not sell online no more. To much of a hassle, and that he is rich enough to not have to deal online. Or something along those lines...

:D

Chunky_lover
02-01-2009, 7:22 PM
Thats why I only order online if there is no other way, i want it now and hate waiting, and hate waiting for an order to ship. I thought with the magic of computers it could tell you how much is in stock, backorder times etc. but maybe thats something they dont do. It doesnt matter anymore anyways no one has anything I need in stock thats why I was trying them.

Flying Bones
02-01-2009, 7:23 PM

Yup. Couldn't beleive it myself.

Chunky_lover
02-01-2009, 7:25 PM

Dumb And Dumber?

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-f_DPrSEOEo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

RedDawn
02-01-2009, 7:29 PM
classic.

264charlie
02-01-2009, 7:30 PM
I would like to thank Wes for NOT selling online... I was able to walk-in wait ten days and pick up.

AR-10 N6/16" Armalite
Remington R15
4 CMMG lowers and...

cleanguy46
02-01-2009, 7:33 PM
ten percent doesnt sell online anymore what happened?

Wow!.....where have u been?

Chunky_lover
02-01-2009, 7:37 PM
Wow!.....where have u been?

Yeah I know I spend all my time on arfcom sorry:shrug:

did you hear obama is running for president, I wonder who will win

GrayWolf09
02-01-2009, 7:41 PM
Wes was hopeful that everyone would come to Taft and sign up for the tour of the Federal Penitentiary there. He gets $.50 for everyone he signs up.

TheBundo
02-01-2009, 7:41 PM
I and many friends were watching the moon through binoculars and telescopes back in 1969 at the moment they were landing, and we didn't see a dern thing up there. Obviously, it was a prank :)

DedEye
02-01-2009, 7:48 PM
The moon landing was faked on a soundstage on Mars.

ke6guj
02-01-2009, 7:52 PM
I thought with the magic of computers it could tell you how much is in stock,It works ok if you only have instore sales or online sales. But if both types of sales come out of the same inventory, there could be online sales happening for items tht an instore person is buying, or has in his hands looking at it. Who do you screw, the person who bought an "instock" item or do you physically take the item out of the buyer's hand because it sold online? With the speed that sales were happening, the true available inventory could not keep up. So, rather than have to deal with the problems of selling stuff that was not available, Wes pulled the plug on the online sales.

Chunky_lover
02-01-2009, 7:55 PM
It works ok if you only have instore sales or online sales. But if both types of sales come out of the same inventory, there could be online sales happening for items tht an instore person is buying, or has in his hands looking at it. Who do you screw, the person who bought an "instock" item or do you physically take the item out of the buyer's hand because it sold online? With the speed that sales were happening, the true available inventory could not keep up. So, rather than have to deal with the problems of selling stuff that was not available, Wes pulled the plug on the online sales.

Yeah ive had that happen quite alot with the computerized inventories at the wholesalers I buy parts from, they say they have 90 and they dont have anything in the back.

tenpercentfirearms
02-01-2009, 8:31 PM
I believe there's more to it. If I remember correctly, Wes made a thread preceding the thread mentioned where he basically lambasted buyers and customers from calguns for asking, emailing, and calling about the availability of certain items.

This had nothing to do with it. I had always tried my hardest to make sure when it said in stock, it was in stock. I do not back order and I only sell it if I have it (or at least try to).

We reached a point where items were flying out the door through retail sales and online sales and I could not keep them matched. Rather than get in over my head, I decided to eliminate shipping and just do retail sales.

If I didn't like people asking about what I had in stock, I would have kept my online inventory up and running. Now you have no choice but to e-mail me and ask if and item is in stock. Which is fine if you are not staring at my website where it used to tell you exactly what I had in stock and you called or e-mailed anyway.

We might restart shipping someday, but at this point in time we are staying busy enough in the gun shop and people are still making the drive that we do not need to ship again. My apologies as I liked taking care of as many people as I could, but we had reached our limit. If we do resume shipping it will be on my terms with a real time inventory system along with a more automated processing system that reduces how much work I have to do.

If you are still in driving distance, e-mail me with what you are looking for and I can tell you whether it is worth your drive or not.

guns@tenpercentfirearms.com

devildog999
02-01-2009, 8:38 PM
I want a MIAD grip, is it worth the drive ;)

freakshow10mm
02-01-2009, 8:43 PM
It works ok if you only have instore sales or online sales. But if both types of sales come out of the same inventory, there could be online sales happening for items tht an instore person is buying, or has in his hands looking at it. Who do you screw, the person who bought an "instock" item or do you physically take the item out of the buyer's hand because it sold online? With the speed that sales were happening, the true available inventory could not keep up. So, rather than have to deal with the problems of selling stuff that was not available, Wes pulled the plug on the online sales.
Exactly. Was a tough call but I think he made the right choice.

jksupplyco
02-01-2009, 9:23 PM
Yeah right, I heard from an inside souce that the DOJ shut him down.. I heard his walk in business is next.. I'd get in there and get what you can. This DOJ Agent Lincoln keeps nosing his way around TPF.. Likely hes got about two weeks.

Turbinator
02-01-2009, 9:24 PM
Wes, you need to expand. Why not get someone else to be your remote shipping warehouse, so that you can still cater to your loyal online customers? This way, you can stay focused on your brick & mortar shop. Granted, your online warehouse partner would need to be someone you trust, but this is one way to keep your expansion and growth going, and not stunt it. Just a thought.

Turby

DedEye
02-01-2009, 9:25 PM
Wes, you need to expand. Why not get someone else to be your remote shipping warehouse, so that you can still cater to your loyal online customers? This way, you can stay focused on your brick & mortar shop. Granted, your online warehouse partner would need to be someone you trust, but this is one way to keep your expansion and growth going, and not stunt it. Just a thought.

Turby

He's moving into a new shop... ;)

rabagley
02-01-2009, 9:48 PM
He's moving into a new shop... ;)

He'd better. I've had walk-in closets bigger than that shop. j/k!!! Now, he did have everything I wanted to buy and at a decent price, but wow that place is tiny.

Actually, the PITA for me was having to drive round-trip from LA to Taft twice... The second time, my wife and I made a day trip out of it, which helped to relieve her shock a little bit:

Her: "Why did you buy five guns?"

Me: "Because I don't want to have to drive here again for a few months."

Her: "Oh, ok."

Wes is good people and doing his best in a crazy US state at a crazy time in US history. I'll keep giving him my business, just as soon as I can afford to :)

tenpercentfirearms
02-02-2009, 6:38 AM

Turby

You make setting up a remote shipping warehouse to ship items you don't have in stock sound so easy.

In due time or in no time at all. Sometimes there is a problem with being too busy. I am not missing shipping at all.

pacrimguru
02-02-2009, 8:55 AM
You make setting up a remote shipping warehouse to ship items you don't have in stock sound so easy.

In due time or in no time at all. Sometimes there is a problem with being too busy. I am not missing shipping at all.

i completely understand where wes is coming from. doing online sales and shipping orders is what i do for a living. it's not as easy as people think. sure if you do occasional ebay sales and ship orders once in a while, its fine but at the scale of a successful small business it can be a daunting task. all those "where's my order?" and "do you have ___ in stock" questions can really drive someone nuts. just look at all those disclaimers on everyones' websites that are up now.

i'm sure wes made decent extra income by offering online sales, but if he's decided to not offer that anymore then i means that the extra stress wasn't worth it. i used to buy from him all the time online. but since i can't make it out to his store, i've turned to other online calguns supporters such as riflegear and rainier arms. but if wes ever changes his mind, i'll shop wih him again too.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Wes doesnt want to gouge everyone here, or give us bs answers or sell products that he doesnt have and charge the CC.

Go Wes! I hope this clears up soon, lower prices are already falling

Turbinator
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM

Sorry. Granted, I don't know your situation, so take it with a grain of salt. Wishing the best for you and your business in 2009 - a lot of folks are struggling out there.

Turby

5150Marcelo
02-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Well thats a first for me, shutting down because too many people want your products. Thanks for the link.

Hit up DD's ranch. Great prices (doesnt gouge), great customer service, and lightning fast delivery. Ive had great success with Dean at DDs!
http://apps.rockyou.com/images/facebook/apps/superwall/2008_02_07_great_success.jpg

Addax
02-02-2009, 1:09 PM

Turby

In the Firearms industry, this is not very easy.

Addax
02-02-2009, 1:10 PM
Yeah right, I heard from an inside souce that the DOJ shut him down.. I heard his walk in business is next.. I'd get in there and get what you can. This DOJ Agent Lincoln keeps nosing his way around TPF.. Likely hes got about two weeks.

Damn, 2 WEEKS!

Addax
02-02-2009, 1:12 PM
This had nothing to do with it. I had always tried my hardest to make sure when it said in stock, it was in stock. I do not back order and I only sell it if I have it (or at least try to).

We reached a point where items were flying out the door through retail sales and online sales and I could not keep them matched. Rather than get in over my head, I decided to eliminate shipping and just do retail sales.

If I didn't like people asking about what I had in stock, I would have kept my online inventory up and running. Now you have no choice but to e-mail me and ask if and item is in stock. Which is fine if you are not staring at my website where it used to tell you exactly what I had in stock and you called or e-mailed anyway.

We might restart shipping someday, but at this point in time we are staying busy enough in the gun shop and people are still making the drive that we do not need to ship again. My apologies as I liked taking care of as many people as I could, but we had reached our limit. If we do resume shipping it will be on my terms with a real time inventory system along with a more automated processing system that reduces how much work I have to do.

If you are still in driving distance, e-mail me with what you are looking for and I can tell you whether it is worth your drive or not.

guns@tenpercentfirearms.com

I totally know where you are coming from Wes.

I think you made a wise business decision to concentrate on one aspect of his business and give it the full attention it needs vs. being pulled in two different directions and not being able to keep up.

Remember what we briefly discussed at SHOT, I am moving down that road as quickly as possible.;)

slaaw
02-02-2009, 9:02 PM
Her: "Why did you buy five guns?"

Me: "Because I don't want to have to drive here again for a few months."

Her: "Oh, ok."

I just love your analysis and need to take lessons from you. lol

rayra
02-02-2009, 9:08 PM

Apparently you're one of the ~30% of folks, humorless literalists, who just didn't get the thrust of the topic. It was a brilliant piece of traffic-generating marketing, dressed up as a rant.

Fate
02-02-2009, 9:55 PM
It was a brilliant piece of traffic-generating marketing, dressed up as a rant.
Ding, ding, ding. Winnah! Give the man his prize! :thumbsup:

tenpercentfirearms
02-03-2009, 6:12 AM
Apparently you're one of the ~30% of folks, humorless literalists, who just didn't get the thrust of the topic. It was a brilliant piece of traffic-generating marketing, dressed up as a rant.

LOL. As much as I wish I was that smart, any traffic it generated was secondary to its real purpose. To just vent. Some people think I just like to stir the pot too. :Angel_anim:

Casual Observer
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
LOL. As much as I wish I was that smart, any traffic it generated was secondary to its real purpose. To just vent. Some people think I just like to stir the pot too. :Angel_anim:

You?

Sir the pot?

Never. ;)

Kestryll
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
This AGAIN????

It's like a darn 'I Love Lucy' episode!!