PDA

View Full Version : poly bags

climber
02-01-2009, 2:56 PM
alright, you all gave great feedback on boresnakes, now i wanna know what you all think about poly bags. who's tried them, what works, what sucks, i'm lookin' for something i can put a gun in and not worry about for a couple years, if need be.

Capt. Speirs
02-01-2009, 3:00 PM
alright, you all gave great feedback on boresnakes, now i wanna know what you all think about poly bags. who's tried them, what works, what sucks, i'm lookin' for something i can put a gun in and not worry about for a couple years, if need be.

Better use a desiccant.

Mssr. Eleganté
02-01-2009, 3:50 PM
Are you talking about the plastic bags that emit VCI chemical?

I've gotten a few as freebees from Poly Gun Bag when I placed orders for brass and bullets. Never used them though, so can't tell you if they work or not. But they are a first rate company to deal with.

http://www.polygunbag.com/gunbags.html

Mine have just been sitting in box down in the basement. Now I'm wondering if they are still any good. How long does the VCI chemical stay active if the bag is just rolled up with nothing in it? I think I'll go down and grab them now and put them in the safes. That way at least the VCI will be doing something while it evaporates off of the bags.