PDA

View Full Version : New to the Group

Slantnose1
02-01-2009, 9:51 AM
I have been watching for a bit, and decided to go ahead and join the group. I find it really amazing, all of the flak that most here have to go through just to own a certain type of weapon. Keep up the good work!! Tony.

sorensen440
02-01-2009, 9:52 AM
welcome
what brings you here from Mississippi?

Slantnose1
02-01-2009, 9:57 AM
I have several friends and other people that I know that are out there. Tony.

Turbinator
02-01-2009, 9:58 AM
And he wants to show off his awesome gun collection to us CA residents. :) Heck, that's what I'd do if I lived in a free state.. :D

Turby

Slantnose1
02-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Turby, I wouldn't do that:D I have friends living up and down the coast. I have been collecting for 35+yrs and I am very thankful that I do live where you can have pretty much anything you desire. Tony.:)

Turbinator
02-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, don't hold back, show us what we could have once we win the political war here! :)

Turby

Slantnose1
02-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I apparently did not do things the correct way for the photos to show in the post. I am trying again.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/120888000/120888724/pix706638125.jpg

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/120881000/120881923/pix698927656.jpg

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/120903000/120903290/pix719793562.jpg

Turbinator
02-01-2009, 12:10 PM
So, is that can on the Cobray an actual suppressor?

Turby

Gator Monroe
02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Until he posts pics of his 1966 Ruger 10/22 International Carbine (with original clear plastic roatary magazine) & his 1949 Ruger M1 (standard) & his Singer USGI WW2 1911A1 and his late 1945 type 14 Japanese Army pistol I'm not Impressed ...

Turbinator
02-01-2009, 8:52 PM
So I take it you're one of his friends?

Turby

Slantnose1
02-03-2009, 1:27 PM
Turby, nope. It is a simulator can. It looks OK, but I have never fired it so I don't really know how well the extra weight out front would do as far as any type of recoil or muzzle blast. Like about 95% of my collection, I have never chambered a round in them.

Turbinator
02-03-2009, 3:09 PM
Turby, nope. It is a simulator can. It looks OK, but I have never fired it so I don't really know how well the extra weight out front would do as far as any type of recoil or muzzle blast. Like about 95% of my collection, I have never chambered a round in them.

Really!! Everyone has their own reasons for buying firearms, I presume the 5% are guns you actually use and keep for home defense / etc. So you enjoy buying safe queens? :)

Turby

Slantnose1
02-04-2009, 7:44 AM
Turby, I have been collecting for 35+yrs. I still have the very first shotgun my mother and father gave to me when I was a teenager. I also still have the first rifle that I was able to buy myself, when I turned 18. As far as shooting my weapons, about the only thing that I have fired in the last several yrs, is a small .22LR semi-auto, that I keep in my pocket, when I am doing what little bit of yard work I am able to do. Where I live, it is a rural area, and there are several brands of "bad snakes" everything from Eastern Diamond Backs, Cotton Mouths, Coral Snakes, Copperheads, Canebrake Rattle Snakes, Pygmy Rattle Snakes, and a couple of different types of Moccasins. I have reduced their numbers. The main reason that I have not been able to shoot the larger bore weapons, it hurts too much to do so. I was hit head-on at 110+mph, by a drunk driver several yrs ago, and had major trauma to my spine, and have had 12 different spinal surgeries since then. I was forced into early retirement due to the injuries, after 21+yrs LEO career. I guess that you could say that just about everything I have, are safe queens, but I like to think of it actually being more like a climate controlled time capsule for them.

Gator Monroe
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Turby, I have been collecting for 35+yrs. I still have the very first shotgun my mother and father gave to me when I was a teenager. I also still have the first rifle that I was able to buy myself, when I turned 18. As far as shooting my weapons, about the only thing that I have fired in the last several yrs, is a small .22LR semi-auto, that I keep in my pocket, when I am doing what little bit of yard work I am able to do. Where I live, it is a rural area, and there are several brands of "bad snakes" everything from Eastern Diamond Backs, Cotton Mouths, Coral Snakes, Copperheads, Canebrake Rattle Snakes, Pygmy Rattle Snakes, and a couple of different types of Moccasins. I have reduced their numbers. The main reason that I have not been able to shoot the larger bore weapons, it hurts too much to do so. I was hit head-on at 110+mph, by a drunk driver several yrs ago, and had major trauma to my spine, and have had 12 different spinal surgeries since then. I was forced into early retirement due to the injuries, after 21+yrs LEO career. I guess that you could say that just about everything I have, are safe queens, but I like to think of it actually being more like a climate controlled time capsule for them. Surgeries are a bad scene (I have to endure another one on my Right eye next week ,and they still offewr no garantees)

Turbinator
02-04-2009, 3:44 PM
I was hit head-on at 110+mph, by a drunk driver several yrs ago, and had major trauma to my spine, and have had 12 different spinal surgeries since then. I was forced into early retirement due to the injuries, after 21+yrs LEO career.

Good lord!

First - thank you for serving our communities as a 2nd Amendment supporting retired LE.

Second - that's awful what happened to you! Sorry to hear it - I know you're not here for sympathy, but thanks for sharing your story. I won't ask any more.

Count your blessings every day that you're still here on this earth! :)

Turby

pwall
02-05-2009, 2:07 PM
slantnose:
Why are you selling them?
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122148988

Turbinator
02-05-2009, 6:05 PM
slantnose:
Why are you selling them?
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122148988

Why not? He said that he doesn't shoot them, and if he could use the cash for something else, I'd sell 'em too.

Turby

Slantnose1
02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Turby had it right. I have not fired anything in the last several years but a .22, and I decided to let someone else have a chance to own some really neat weapons. I still have more of the same, that will be listed soon.