PDA

View Full Version : Pahrump, NV: When Citizens Make A Stand For The 2nd Amendment, Politicians Back Off

01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
It started when the Pahrump NV. Town Manager Bill Kohbarger placed on the town board meeting agenda a proposition banning guns from the city property.

However, Pahrump residents caught wind of what Kohbarger and his leftist gun grabbing acolytes were scheming and by the time the meeting started, scores of angry citizens were already packing the town hall.

Read what happened next (http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/01/parhump-nevada-when-citizens-make-stand.html)

:thumbsup:

nick
01-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Good.

ojisan
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Pahrump:
Patriots
Pistols
Pyrotechnics
Perfect

N6ATF
02-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Holy mother of... :thumbsup:

Theseus
02-01-2009, 12:21 AM
At this point all I can say is...California will have its time. We are rising. It is slow, but it is sure.

GW
02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Great Story and God bless the citizens of Pahrump.

but

What the hell is Transylvania Phoenix??

DedEye
02-01-2009, 12:41 AM
This is an awesome post, thanks for sharing!

By the way, is that your blog?

sorensen440
02-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Very awesome !!

G17GUY
02-01-2009, 1:25 AM
:cheers2:

pullnshoot25
02-01-2009, 1:34 AM
Commented on it. God Bless Blogger accounts!

Stubby
02-01-2009, 1:53 AM
AWESOME!!!

Make the politicians respect the citizens that elected them! What a novel idea. Great job Pahrump:)

Obviously a Plant
02-01-2009, 2:46 AM
Pahrump is the closest town to Frontsight training academy. Not too many other places come to mind where proposing a gun ban would be less popular...

hitman13
02-01-2009, 3:25 AM
awesome! Commented, linking story to my blog!

BTW- your blog is very nice, im new to blogspot so i must say, i thoroughly enjoy your lay out.

dreyna14
02-01-2009, 3:49 AM
That Kohbarger guy is an effin idiot. This lame idea gets suggested to him so he asks people about it and they tell him they feel "intimidated?" Something tells me he didn't ask a single person. I think the only person intimidated is HIM because of his own ignorance and stupidity. I hope they kick him to the curb.

Ford8N
02-01-2009, 5:41 AM
I wonder if the main stream media will pick up this story or would it end up in the round file.:gene:

CitaDeL
02-01-2009, 6:56 AM
This illustrates the problem with nearly every level of our modern government- it is infiltrated with individuals motivated by self-interest and the pursuit of enrichment.

They are determined to advance their agenda from the safety of the artificial and corporate entities which they govern- and because they are elected, they mistakenly believe this is a mandate from the people to govern however they see fit, that they were elected because they know what is best for us, even as a parent knows what is best for their little children.

We the People are not little children who require constant supervision and the chastening of 'don't touch'.

Im grateful that there are still communities that have not submitted themselves to authorities that have usurped powers that they were never intended to possess.

Iron Wolf
02-01-2009, 8:00 AM
Story put a smile on my face. Note the typical tactics and attitude of the gunban people: no questions, no debate, just shut up and bow before the awesome power of the Pahrump town board.

02-01-2009, 8:11 AM
This is an awesome post, thanks for sharing!

By the way, is that your blog?

Yes.

Great Story and God bless the citizens of Pahrump.

but

What the hell is Transylvania Phoenix??

What the hell is Phoenix Arizona??

TKM
02-01-2009, 8:20 AM
He got fired from his last job for annoying the residents of Carlin.

I wonder how long he'll last in Pahrump.

Stormfeather
02-01-2009, 8:39 AM
good job standing up to the local politicians!

Fire in the Hole
02-01-2009, 10:03 AM
This was indeed a heart warming story. We should all take a cue from this, and demand our rights of redress to the government.

yellowfin
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
This could have been done here about 40 years ago but wasn't.

radioburning
02-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Awesome story! This should be happening in every city in America.

hawk1
02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
In a brief interview after the lengthy meeting, Kohbarger, who bore most of the blame from those in attendance, said two residents asked him to put the gun ban on the agenda.

"They didn't show up to back me up on their own item, but I've got broad shoulders," he said.

What a fricken coward. Two people asked and he bends over for them?

Hope to read he's been recalled or not re-elected when that time comes.

bulgron
02-01-2009, 11:18 AM
This could have been done here about 40 years ago but wasn't.

40 years ago, California's gun laws were being used to oppress Black Civil Rights activists. Militant ones, to be sure, but the laws were written and applied in a racist spirit.

And the white majority at the time approved.

We have been hoisted on our own petard.

02-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Awesome story! This should be happening in every city in America.

Yeah, I'm sure the liberal majority in cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento Chicago, New York and Berkeley will pack the next city council meetings and in a single united voice will support...more gun control.

yellowfin
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the liberal majority in cities like San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento Chicago, New York and Berkeley will pack the next city council meetings and in a single united voice will support...more gun control.

That isn't the rest of America. None of that even qualifies. Of course according to them the non-liberal population doesn't exist anywhere.

Vectrexer
02-01-2009, 2:19 PM
Good story.

aileron
02-01-2009, 3:26 PM
40 years ago, California's gun laws were being used to oppress Black Civil Rights activists. Militant ones, to be sure, but the laws were written and applied in a racist spirit.

And the white majority at the time approved.

The whole movement started out that way, and yes we have hoisted ourselves up. Ironic isn't it.

Sometimes when I read about Obama's diatribes about banning guns, I just laugh and think... You fricken prejudice idiot!!! Don't you know who this was originally meant for? Your patronizing the disarming of blacks in the late 1800's! LOL!

wellerjohn
02-01-2009, 4:33 PM
It started when the Pahrump NV. Town Manager Bill Kohbarger placed on the town board meeting agenda a proposition banning guns from the city property.

However, Pahrump residents caught wind of what Kohbarger and his leftist gun grabbing acolytes were scheming and by the time the meeting started, scores of angry citizens were already packing the town hall.

Read what happened next (http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.com/2009/01/parhump-nevada-when-citizens-make-stand.html)

:thumbsup:

Were getting attacked from all sides, we all need to show up like this town did and voice opposition at every opportunity we get. The second amendment is not about hunting or target shooting, it's about defending the constitution from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.:)

Dan M.
02-01-2009, 8:18 PM
Awesome story! I wonder if those people in Pahrump would be willing to come to Orange County on February 10th and address our Board of Supervisors and Sheriff Hutchens. We sure could use them. If this news piece from Pahrump struck a chord with you, please consider coming to the meeting and join your fellow citizens in standing up for our rights. Click the link.

http://orangepunch.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/26/hutchens-uses-necessity-to-undermine-freedom/6392/#comment-16754

7x57
02-01-2009, 8:32 PM

What do you mean "we," kemo sabe?

7x57

Kid Stanislaus
02-01-2009, 9:49 PM
it looks to me like they got pumped up in Pahrump;)

odysseus
02-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey, something good to read today! Awesome.

SwissFluCase
02-02-2009, 12:16 AM
I've dealt with these kind of local offcials before. Really a bunch of weenies. The townspeople need to keep the pressure on, and there will be a shakeup. So far they are doing the right thing.

Regards,

SwissFluCase

Seesm
02-02-2009, 3:09 AM
Cool we need stand together or we will lose it all...

02-02-2009, 8:15 AM
Awesome story! I wonder if those people in Pahrump would be willing to come to Orange County on February 10th and address our Board of Supervisors and Sheriff Hutchens. We sure could use them. If this news piece from Pahrump struck a chord with you, please consider coming to the meeting and join your fellow citizens in standing up for our rights. Click the link.

http://orangepunch.freedomblogging.com/2009/01/26/hutchens-uses-necessity-to-undermine-freedom/6392/#comment-16754

Please give me the address and the time. I will do my best to attend.

AEC1
02-02-2009, 8:28 AM
My first trip to Pahrump must have been 20 years ago, my aunt and uncle retired there, i remember my first visit, I was amazed, one stop light in the whole town, it has grown consideribly since then, but it is still amazing that he would even try to pull that in this town...

dfletcher
02-02-2009, 9:07 AM
I wonder if this Kohrbarger fellow is a transplant and from which state - along with the supposed two citizens who asked him to enact the ban? I can't think that locals would have pushed such a thing.

_Odin_
02-02-2009, 9:20 AM
Very cool!

I hope those scum bags do not get re-elected ><

Dan M.
02-02-2009, 9:21 AM
Thanks, .454. Here's a link with some info:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1950396&postcount=17

Please give me the address and the time. I will do my best to attend.