PDA

View Full Version : Seeking cal gun knowlege. Shipping a complete AR-15

Cal-Irish
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
So right now there are non to be had, but, Id still like to figure this out before hand.

To get a complete weapon delivered to an FFL dealer what is the usual procedure as far as bullet button installation is concerned? Does it have to be installed prior to reaching the dealer? Or will they take the weapon and install one for you then release the gun?

Thanks

technique
01-31-2009, 11:41 AM
BB has to be installed (if complete) prior to reaching your CA dealer if coming from out of state...there are folks on this board that provide that service.

strangerdude
01-31-2009, 11:42 AM
it has to be installed or the pistol grip has to be removed

technique
01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
it has to be installed or the pistol grip has to be removed

if the pistol grip is removed...I would think you would also have to get rid of any other evil feature...FH, FG.

Cal-Irish
01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
BB has to be installed (if complete) prior to reaching your CA dealer if coming from out of state...there are folks on this board that provide that service.
Any suggestions? Are we talking about online dealers?

CSACANNONEER
01-31-2009, 11:48 AM
if the pistol grip is removed...I would think you would also have to get rid of any other evil feature...FH, FG.

Yep! I'd suggest asking your FFL how he prefers to transfer them. It might be easier to have the PG and upper shipped dirrectly to you and have the lower go to your FFL.

technique
01-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Any suggestions? Are we talking about online dealers?

freakshow seems like a nice dude... Lanworld, Cold war shooters, and there are more, these are a few that support our community.

Cal-Irish
01-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Yep! I'd suggest asking your FFL how he prefers to transfer them. It might be easier to have the PG and upper shipped dirrectly to you and have the lower go to your FFL.
Im thinking as much CSA. But if Oly arms ever do get the k16 back into circulation its a fairly tempting option. But I dont know how willing online out of state dealers would be to disassemble the weapon

Cal-Irish
01-31-2009, 11:52 AM
freakshow seems like a nice dude... Lanworld, Cold war shooters, and there are more, these are a few that support our community.
Cheers. Rep the mac dreezy

technique
01-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Cheers. Rep the mac dreezy

:cool2::thumbsup:

Cal-Irish
01-31-2009, 1:08 PM
Any more info floating around?