PDA

View Full Version : Please clarify saiga-12 aw status

savageevo
01-30-2009, 9:24 PM
I am putting this here so to clarify the legality of a forward pistol grip on a saiga-12 with pistol grip. I am pretty sure it was posted in the wrong section. Please respone

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=149766

sigsauer887
01-30-2009, 9:49 PM
Like they said in that thread, its legal.

DDT
01-31-2009, 8:49 AM
You might get better response if you include the actual info in question rather than have someone read a thread in another forum and then expect them to come back here and post a reply.

For those of you reading here is the pertinent post where savageevo claims that having both a pistol grip and a forward vertical grip creates an AW.

I believe that it is incorrect and a semi-auto shotgun can have both grips as long as it doesn't have a folding/telescoping stock.

If you add a forward pistol grip to a Semiauto shotgun that has a pistol grip, that would put that in a AW status.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

Shotguns
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or
vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

savageevo
01-31-2009, 2:34 PM
Take for example a benelli semi shotgun with a fix stock and a pistol grip. If I decide to put a forward grip, that would be another feature considered as another option.

Shotguns
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, orvertical handgrip.

Since #6 says both of the following, Which I interpret as two of any of following below A and B. What say you?

bohoki
01-31-2009, 3:47 PM
Take for example a benelli semi shotgun with a fix stock and a pistol grip. If I decide to put a forward grip, that would be another feature considered as another option.

Shotguns
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, orvertical handgrip.

Since #6 says both of the following, Which I interpret as two of any of following below A and B. What say you?

i think it means one form column "a" and one from column "b"

say you put on like 5verticle grips in a little row would that be 3 times illegal?

peepshowal
01-31-2009, 4:45 PM

Shotguns

Like you said, (6) does say both of the following. The following are (A) and (B). (6) does not say any two of the following.

You can legally have all the choices from (A) OR all the choices from (B) but not both.

DDT
01-31-2009, 8:13 PM
One from column A and one from Column B plus rice and soup for each person in your party.