PDA

View Full Version : Botach Tactical...

Trendkill
01-30-2009, 6:47 PM
I wanted to let everyone here know that I had my first experience with Botach Tactical. A little more than a week ago a Calgunner posted a thread about a Aimpoint Comp M4 w/ an ARMS 40L package for a killer price.

So I ordered it. Then a few Calgunners chimed in on that thread about how Botach Tactical has a bad reputation and that they are not to be trusted....and how if something is Back ordered it will take forever to show up.

So I freaked out....I called them and asked if the item I had just ordered on-line was BO'd....and the CS girl said yes....and my heart dropped. So I asked her to immediately cancel the order. She obliged.

About two hours later...she calls me and says they have the Aimpoint in stock. So I said.."What about the ARMS 40L that comes with it?" And she said it would be in the next day and that they would ship the whole deal out immediately. So I said..."Lets go for it"...and the next day....no tracking #

So....over the weekend I e-mailed the company saying that I was promised that the item would ship out that friday...and no tracking # showed up...and how I was warned of this kind of stuff and it came true. I also said I was eager to tell all the forum members on Calguns.net about the stellar service that I was going to receive.

So.... Monday morning....the Owner (B.K.) of Botach Tactical calls me....and asks whats going on. I gave him the run-down about the promised shipping time...and I also told him about the warnings and bad reviews I read. He assured me that most of the bad reviews were from an earlier time in the company's history...and that they are doing the best they can now to make that ancient history. He also said that they were busy as hell...and that they were doing the best they could to get inventory into the system and then shipped out. A few minutes later the Item showed "shipped" on my invoice page...and a tracking # shortly followed. I received the item two days later.

This is the first experience I have had with this company....and my initial feelings tell me that they deal in "Huge" volume....but they "do" deliver. The only problem I have is that the on-line ordering process failed to tell me that the item was BO'd. I think it is best when ordering from them...to do it over the phone. They deal with a lot of product...so its best to verify whether its in stock or not.

All in all....I would order from them again. I initially freaked out due to the cost of said item...and the reviews I heard. Truth be told....the owner seemed like a straight up guy. I got my Aimpoint and flip-sight in short order...and got them at an astonishingly good price.

Thanks , Trendkill

P.S. - No...I don't work for Botach Tactical....this was my real experience.

bush wacker
01-30-2009, 6:54 PM
I have ordered from them twice with no problems.

hawk1
01-30-2009, 7:40 PM
In the past huh?
I've been waiting for my order since 1/12
I see nothing thats changed....

I guess even a monkey can get it right once in a while.

jfuller429
01-30-2009, 7:47 PM
Want to sell me the ARMS 40L ? lol

CrazyJeep
01-30-2009, 8:07 PM
I've ordered a few things in the past from them with no real issues. They have mainly been CR123 batteries and a few Streamlight Scorpion flashlights.

lehn20
01-30-2009, 8:15 PM
Only buy gear in stock over the phone or go in person to pick up.
They had a killer Aimpoint T1 deal for $480 last year.

tyrist
01-30-2009, 8:19 PM
I had a previously bad experiance but they had a deal I could'nt pass up. It arrived in 2 days....so I might purchase from them again.

JohnnyRooks
01-30-2009, 8:23 PM
ordered some stuff a year ago but it never showed up in my doorsteps. :eek:

seriously...:p

Paul G.
01-30-2009, 8:29 PM
I have placed many orders with them because their sale prices are hard to beat. More often than not I've been disappointed with backordered items and some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Needless to say, when dealing with Botach, buyer beware.

ZombieKiller
01-30-2009, 9:06 PM
THEY SUCK.

Schlamoo
01-30-2009, 9:07 PM
I just ordered an upper from them a couple of weeks ago. Ordering on the phone was just painful but my upper showed up two days later as promised. So I ain't got no complaints........

blackfalcon
01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Go to AR15.com (http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=322) The moderator there, Buck, always has a discount code and seems like he is a go to person for assistance. I have ordered a couple of items from them in the past and had no problems.

H2H
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
check their ar15.com forum, does not look good right now

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=322&t=169364

botach is hit or miss.

cc56
01-31-2009, 3:06 AM
I had a bad experience with them. I ordered some stuff and they shipped half of it. The half I got was random junk because I was already paying shipping. They told me to check back letter about the stuff I really wanted and said I may have to repay shipping. I was pissed and I refuse to deal with them again. They never said the stuff was out and back ordered.

Gryff
01-31-2009, 3:13 AM
Half dozen orders with them and no problems yet.

DrkSh8ds
01-31-2009, 9:30 PM
I've dealt with them for a few years now, One thing is you DO have to call to make sure the item is in stock. But for you guys that are fairly close to LA let me know and I will take you to their place of business. BK lets me come in and buy in person since they're not open to the public. They do let Firefighters, cops, and Military in to buy. They operate out of in old Bank, and Like I said if you're close and not of any government establishment I will meet you there, get you in and to get what you need. I live in Riverside Calif. but work in LA (ex-cop turned Firefighter) so I'm in the LA city.

AndrewMendez
01-31-2009, 9:38 PM
I believe the only allow cops into their shop...and have not heard anything to friendly about them! I ordered a sidesaddle for my Remington 870 though and didn't have a problem!

tyrist
01-31-2009, 10:55 PM
I believe the only allow cops into their shop...and have not heard anything to friendly about them! I ordered a sidesaddle for my Remington 870 though and didn't have a problem!

Military can come in as well.

lumpia
02-01-2009, 1:48 AM
So....over the weekend I e-mailed the company saying that I was promised that the item would ship out that friday...and no tracking # showed up...and how I was warned of this kind of stuff and it came true. I also said I was eager to tell all the forum members on Calguns.net about the stellar service that I was going to receive.
r.

Wow...so you used the threat of complaining on Calguns to your advantage? Not cool imo and I'm not sure the mods would be receptive to having their name associated with actions such as this.

I remember pulling stunts like this back in elementary school.

eta - I don't know why but it reminds me of somebody saying a while back that "everyone on Calguns thinks they're entitled to a discount."

tenbrook
02-01-2009, 7:15 AM
Wow...so you used the threat of complaining on Calguns to your advantage? Not cool imo and I'm not sure the mods would be receptive to having their name associated with actions such as this.

eta - I don't know why but it reminds me of somebody saying a while back that "everyone on Calguns thinks they're entitled to a discount."

That's exactly what he should of done IMO. If they screw him tell us by all means! :rolleyes:

Trendkill
02-06-2009, 9:37 PM

Sir...you completely twisted my words to fit your own meaning. You are also saying I am like a child......well...*extending middle finger*....there you go.

I stated that I wanted to report on the "stellar" service. I however , reported on the "Fairly good" service. You call this a threat....to fit my own means??....Lol. What the hell are you defending anyways? We firearms enthusiasts have lacked the necessary network to share experiences and information....and as soon as we have the means...it is bad?? How do you choose a movie to see??? Do you just go out and pay top dollar just to get the shaft all the time??....hell no...you more than likely rely on the recommendations of other people

And where else would I report this to genius???? Perhaps on P.E.T.A. chat??? The "Hope and Change Forum??" And furthermore.....threats are generally not followed with action either. Quit being a grump....have a drink...take a Midol....do something.

I'm quite positive there were a lot of concerned individuals....very much in the same boat as me.... interested to find out if these guys would come through or not.....and that was it.

aplinker
02-06-2009, 9:52 PM
I think you're missing the point he's making.

Sir...you completely twisted my words to fit your own meaning. You are also saying I am like a child......well...*extending middle finger*....there you go.

I stated that I wanted to report on the "stellar" service. I however , reported on the "Fairly good" service. You call this a threat....to fit my own means??....Lol. What the hell are you defending anyways? We firearms enthusiasts have lacked the necessary network to share experiences and information....and as soon as we have the means...it is bad?? How do you choose a movie to see??? Do you just go out and pay top dollar just to get the shaft all the time??....hell no...you more than likely rely on the recommendations of other people

And where else would I report this to genius???? Perhaps on P.E.T.A. chat??? The "Hope and Change Forum??" And furthermore.....threats are generally not followed with action either. Quit being a grump....have a drink...take a Midol....do something.

I'm quite positive there were a lot of concerned individuals....very much in the same boat as me.... interested to find out if these guys would come through or not.....and that was it.

1BigPea
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM
I've ordered from them, no problems, fast shipping too..I'm in OC so maybe that helps. I'll still order again.

Trendkill
02-06-2009, 10:06 PM
He basically said I was using this forum to manipulate...not hardly. I was hoping to inform...and I did...plain and simple. I had every intention of reporting my experience with Botach Tactical (good or bad)...here on this board , and I let them know it. It wasn't my own well being in interest here. The bad reviews gave great concern to me and others.....so this was important.

And the above poster's tone excited me.....

So...I apologize for being......excitable.

kicker72
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I know Botach usually has lousy service, but took a chance and got me some 1911 mags and a Moe Handguard. Ordered Thursday morning and it arrived Friday around noon.

lumpia
02-07-2009, 10:17 AM
*snip*

So.... Monday morning....the Owner (B.K.) of Botach Tactical calls me....and asks whats going on. I gave him the run-down about the promised shipping time...and I also told him about the warnings and bad reviews I read.
[I]*snip[I]*

The way you're coming off here sounds like you think you're going to get the shaft and 'threaten' to tell Calguns about your experience, of course using "stellar" sarcastically. The owner then calls you, which is an event by itself, thinking that he's about to get the shaft to smooth things over.

If I've misinterpreted and it was all in good intentions, I humbly apologize. It's sometimes hard to interpret meanings through the computer screen so I take it at face value.

I have no problems with using forums as a venue to share your experiences, good or bad. But using it to manipulate good service or cheaper prices leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Trendkill
02-07-2009, 6:06 PM
I have no problems with using forums as a venue to share your experiences, good or bad. But using it to manipulate good service or cheaper prices leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Actually.....I had no idea that my email would be received...let alone replied to.

As soon as I made my order...and then all the warnings and bad reviews came to my attention...I determined that I would document this for all to read....and I let that be known in the e-mail. My slight sarcasm was a result of my mood at the time of the e-mail. But indeed I had hoped for *stellar* service.

I am no Mr. Money Bags..and neither are a lot of guys here...so 600 + dollars is nothing to shake a stick at for an optic.

And if there is a company(s) out there giving false information or treating customers in a less than *stellar* way....then what better way to encourage better service then to let them know we are aware and telling each other about it??

To this company's credit....they offer "stellar" deals.......and hopefully they will continue to follow through with delivery.

In my line of work.....if I were to do crappy jobs enough....word would get around , and I would be jobless. On the other hand....word gets around the other way too....and this time they did right....and that is what I reported.

nicoroshi
02-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I ordered some parts from them on 1-17-09, and although their site stated that the items were shipped I had no tracking number. I waited a week, and tried e-mailing them. No reply. I waited another couple of days, and e-mailed again requesting status of my order. Got a reply that said I had forgotten to choose a color for one of the items on my order (not sure if I did or not but thought I did).
I replied with my color choice.........No return e-mail.
Called them, and spent 15 minutes on hold.
Got fed up, and e-mailed to cancel my order, and then found that they have a "Ask the Expert" live chat feature.
So I clicked on it.
Told Brenden that I wanted to cancel my order, and told him my story.
He asked if there was any way he could solve my problem.
I asked them to waive the shipping charges, and ship out today, and I would consider doing business with them.
He did just that. :)
I also told him I was interested in some of the ACOG scopes they had listed on their site, and he not only had Jeff (their ACOG guy) call me directly to talk about it but Brenden also called me back to make sure I was taken care of.

Moral of the story:
If you deal with Botach. DON'T JUST ORDER ONLINE!
Click on the 'Ask the Expert' Monday through Thursday, and chat with Brenden directly. He can check stock in real time, and complete your order just like working FTF with someone. He's a real nice guy, and offers excellent customer service.
I will do more business with them in the future as their prices are good but only deal with live chat, and Brenden while avoiding the basic online type order.
Tell Brenden that Nicoroshi sent you, and he will treat you right.