View Full Version : Alomst ready to make the build list

01-30-2009, 3:28 PM
For the upper:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BCM%2DURG%2DMID%2D1 6
The BCM comes sans bolt/carrier, so I was thinking of this setup if I go with BCM:

01-30-2009, 3:49 PM
Bravo Co. without a doubt. And I would stick to the BCM bolt carrier group also; it's cheaper ($130) and highly regarded.

01-30-2009, 3:54 PM
I have not owned either, but I just ordered a tricked out CMMG upper from their website. Is Bravo Company a "manufacturer" or an "assembler"?

01-30-2009, 6:30 PM
I have a few of both. Same accuracy, same reliability so far. The BCM has a little better specs, but the CMMG is a great item as well. You're likely to find the CMMG available sooner if that's an issue. I like the BCM stuff but availability is really hit or miss (mostly miss). If you're not a desk jockey for a living & at a computer all day everyday, chances of getting a BCM upper when the email hits from BCM stating that uppers are available again is VERY slim as they sell out in 1/2 hour tops. Last I heard, CMMG is 2 months out so if you put an order in & wait, you'll have it. Or you could gamble with BCM availability.

01-30-2009, 7:20 PM
From my experience BCM sends their emails in the morning. My BCG email was 9am and the upper email was 6am. I'm got lucky since at a computer all day and have a cell that receives emails...

There's a post on ar15.com from BCM that they will be getting/making more middys this month.

If you are willing to spend the money, get the version with the Daniel Defense rails. That's the one I ordered. That last sale lasted a little over an hour due to price.