PDA

View Full Version : TKS Engineering AR15 Billet??

YoungGun2
01-30-2009, 2:31 PM
Has anyone every herd of TKS Engineering? I was looking around online for other brands that made billet Uppers. And I found this website on accident www.tksengmfg.com and then called and asked the guy if he knew if the uppers would be a tight fit on top of a Sun Devil Lower, and then the guy started laughing and said he made the uppers for Sun Devil. So my questions here is, Is the guy blowing smoke up my *** or what, because Sun Devils web site says they make all their stuff in house or at least I thought I read that some where…

freonr22
01-30-2009, 2:38 PM
what makes a pof $200 more than the tks,? their both billet????

mltrading
01-30-2009, 2:38 PM
If Brownells carry their receivers, their receivers must be in good quality. At least, they are not lemons.

However, their receivers look like AR-10 receivers.:p

asheron2
01-30-2009, 5:39 PM
Ive seen that sight before and thought the same thing!! FYI i just got a Sun Devil upper and put it on my Sundevil lower and its pretty sloppy :confused:

It must have 1/16" play sideways on the rear takedown pin:(

freonr22
01-30-2009, 5:42 PM
i bet if your sent in both pieces, they would fit an upper that fit better

asheron2
01-30-2009, 5:44 PM
i bet if your sent in both pieces, they would fit an upper that fit better

Ill measure them both and figure out which part is sloppy and give them a call on monday:thumbsup:

freonr22
01-30-2009, 5:47 PM
i dont know whats the best way to do? if you removed your barrel, & had FIT and upper to your lower....

asheron2
01-30-2009, 5:52 PM
Well, they should be to mill-spec, and i have a copy of the plans. ill just get out the Calipers and measure and whatever part is farther off spec ill send back.

slick_711
01-30-2009, 5:53 PM
Never seen 'em before now, but those are AR15 receivers, just have a heavy duty upper with less material machined off. Makes for a different look, perhaps stronger as well, though that has never been necessary.

kingjoey
01-30-2009, 9:33 PM
TKS was contracted to machine the forward-assist uppers for Sun Devil and started selling them out the backdoor. Pretty crappy thing to do, I can tell you I won't be doing business with them or sending them any of our parts to machine (they are about 3 miles up the street from us) :(

Jpach
01-30-2009, 9:50 PM
Those billet receivers are quite sexy

JeffM
01-30-2009, 9:58 PM
TKS was contracted to machine the forward-assist uppers for Sun Devil and started selling them out the backdoor. Pretty crappy thing to do, I can tell you I won't be doing business with them or sending them any of our parts to machine (they are about 3 miles up the street from us) :(

If that is true, then +1.

Any source for that info?

be1498
01-31-2009, 6:00 AM
Wife & kids got me a lower for Christmas. Seems beefy.

The trigger guard is not detachable, allegedly making the lower stronger.

kingjoey
01-31-2009, 7:04 AM
If that is true, then +1.

Any source for that info?

Lets just say that I was at Sun Devil the other day.

TKS Engineering
11-24-2009, 9:57 AM
YoungGun2 - Thank you for calling and talking to me on the phone. I made uppers for Sun Devil for about a year and a half and then they switched to someone else because I wasn't going to push their orders ahead of anyone else. I deliver in the order they are ordered, not playing the good old boy games.
kingjoey - is incorrect in his statement. I was only contracted to make special gas blocks for Sun Devil and i did. The Uppers I made for Sun Devil went on Smith And Wesson Rifles for the most part. I moved my business to Casa Grande, AZ and designed my own Billet Upper with Forward Assist and Case deflector and designed a Billet Lower with intergrated Trigger Gaurd to match the Upper. I then contacted Sun Devil to see if they were interested in buying them from me. They were interested in the Upper only because they already had someone else making the lowers for them. Sun Devil does make some of their uppers and lowers in house. They don't have the capacity to keep up so they outsource. As far as the comment you made about TKS Engineering, you need to get the all facts before you shoot off your mouth.

SJgunguy24
11-24-2009, 10:09 AM
YoungGun2 - Thank you for calling and talking to me on the phone. I made uppers for Sun Devil for about a year and a half and then they switched to someone else because I wasn't going to push their orders ahead of anyone else. I deliver in the order they are ordered, not playing the good old boy games.
kingjoey - is incorrect in his statement. I was only contracted to make special gas blocks for Sun Devil and i did. The Uppers I made for Sun Devil went on Smith And Wesson Rifles for the most part. I moved my business to Casa Grande, AZ and designed my own Billet Upper with Forward Assist and Case deflector and designed a Billet Lower with intergrated Trigger Gaurd to match the Upper. I then contacted Sun Devil to see if they were interested in buying them from me. They were interested in the Upper only because they already had someone else making the lowers for them. Sun Devil does make some of their uppers and lowers in house. They don't have the capacity to keep up so they outsource. As far as the comment you made about TKS Engineering, you need to get the all facts before you shoot off your mouth.

Not intrested in the political B.S. but what is a lower and upper cost to buy?

evollep3
11-24-2009, 10:54 AM

+1 and especially welcome to Cal Guns :)

zman
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM

+1 and especially welcome to Cal Guns :)

+2 Welcome to CalGuns! I hope that won't be your only post. We need the deals. I wouldn't mind a nice billet lower. How's your logo looking like? :43:

TKS Engineering
01-11-2010, 6:29 PM
Check out the Web Site www.tksengmfg.com and give us a call.