PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do business with Lan World?

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 2:28 PM
Just placed my first order with them on 1/27/09, they were showing Stag 10/30 mags "In Stock", so I ordered 4. Any bad experiences with them?

technique
01-30-2009, 2:29 PM
Mixed reviews lately. I have never had issues with Chris or Maria.

ohsmily
01-30-2009, 2:33 PM
I ordered a couple of AKs about a year ago. Fantastic transaction

More recently, I placed a special order for some DSA rifles and they were a little bit difficult to deal with but in the end were accommodating and put up with a few of my phone calls and emails. I don't think Chris is there much anymore and Maria et al handle it for the most part, or so it seems.

SunriseF150
01-30-2009, 2:34 PM
I was happy with the order of my USC.

Jicko
01-30-2009, 2:35 PM
In my books, they are an A+ vendor.... they had been with us for quite some time now...

These days, you cannot whine about any vendors.... all of them are backlogged, and crazy busy.... the whole industry is....

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 2:41 PM
In your past transactions, does Lan World send you an e-mail when they ship?

fairfaxjim
01-30-2009, 3:35 PM
They are fine. Chris is a stand up guy, and will do the best he can for you. I am not sure I would take anybody's web site info regarding stock for firearms at face value right now. An email or a call (if they even have someone available to answer the phone) to verify stock and order status. Communication is good, but everyone seems to be just overwhelmed right now. This will be known as the great pre-Obama gun grab gun buyout!

BroncoBob
01-30-2009, 3:40 PM
Done business with Chris for a couple years now. Great to work with. Lead times are what they are now. We just have to get use to it.

RudyN
01-30-2009, 3:40 PM
I ordered a Stag upper and was told by Crhis that it would take 6-8 weeks and I got it one day shy of 7 weeks. However, I think that since then things have really gone crazy! I am waiting for some magazines and a spriong kit right now.

lawaia
01-30-2009, 3:47 PM

In my past experience, no they do not notify of shipment. They are a stand-up company, though. Deal in confidence, and just have a little patience.

Davis
01-30-2009, 3:56 PM
I purchased a FAR 308 lower and a bunch of parts from chris. he was great at getting in touch with me by phone and e mail. They didn't send an e mail out when it was shipped.
I am on a holding pattern now waiting for 2 - 6.8 stag lowers to come in. I'm planning on ordering a bunch more parts and 2 uppers soon.

Lan world has been super to me.

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 3:58 PM
I'm patient. They seem to be carefull on their website about what they say is in stock. I was just hopping that since they charged my credit card immediately, that they really did have them in stock. I'm sure you all know how it is, you get a little nervous any time you do online business for the first time with someone. Based on what I have read here, I'm sure they are fine.

greybeard
01-30-2009, 4:04 PM
I'm patient. They seem to be carefull on their website about what they say is in stock. I was just hopping that since they charged my credit card immediately, that they really did have them in stock. I'm sure you all know how it is, you get a little nervous any time you do online business for the first time with someone. Based on what I have read here, I'm sure they are fine.

I was going to say the only problem with them is onb internet orders the credit card is hit right away.

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 4:12 PM
Yes, I was afraid of that. Nothing like paying interest on something you don't have yet.

a1fabweld
01-30-2009, 4:20 PM
Great shop in my book. I bought a few things from them as well as my friends with no complaints.

baselfish
01-30-2009, 4:21 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=149317

why not read my recent post here...

long story short...

"bought" a full upper kit from them...
even though there is some potential 4 month wait on the backlog

they charged my card IN FULL...total = $732.00

am still trying to get a hold of them.

Bf

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 4:37 PM
That's a hell of a price to pay just to be in line. In the mean time, if you find another upper, your money is locked up in jail.

missiontrails
01-30-2009, 4:49 PM
Crap, just read that thread. I HOPE the $112 worth of mags I just ordered were REALLY in stock. The ONLY reason I pulled the trigger there was because they represented them as being in stock. I will keep you all posted.

ohsmily
01-30-2009, 5:24 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=149317

why not read my recent post here...

long story short...

"bought" a full upper kit from them...
even though there is some potential 4 month wait on the backlog

they charged my card IN FULL...total = $732.00

am still trying to get a hold of them.

Bf

What do you mean you "are still trying to get a hold of them." Call them. They answer their phones.

nick
01-30-2009, 5:27 PM

They sent it to me. I boguht a Hi-Point carbine from them, it was a good transaction, and the response time was very good.

TZL
01-30-2009, 5:29 PM
i've never had anything but super positive experiences with Chris and Maria

One time they forgot some anti-walk pins with my order, it was shipped out priority as soon as I told them

I'd do business with them again !

Wildhawk66
01-30-2009, 5:30 PM
:thumbsup: Always been happy with them to date.

GTXR390
01-30-2009, 6:05 PM
LanWorld's AWESOME!!!!

Codelphious
01-30-2009, 6:21 PM
They've always been quick to answer any and all of my emails, usually within 12 hours.

After this buyout extravaganza blows over I'm sure I'll do business with them again.

ttboy
01-30-2009, 6:35 PM
Highly recommended.

I Purchased a upper, lower and a Saiga plus magazines.:thumbsup:

baselfish
01-30-2009, 8:07 PM
What do you mean you "are still trying to get a hold of them." Call them. They answer their phones.

i have emailed them 2x - which serves as written notification of my request and written repsonse as to thier policy on this matter...

ive bought from them before and thus is why i chose them this time
so it is nothing personal...just good business sence...

they already have my $732.00 and should things turn "ugly"... referencing some alleged phone conversation you had is simply no good...

although i am unhappy about the charge - i have so far reserved judgement and made absolutley no "commentary" statments about them - good-bad-or otherwise...once they reply to my requests, i will simply pass it on to all here...

bF

Clodbuster
01-31-2009, 12:20 AM
They're not available at Lanworld either.
2 weeks ago, I called Lanworld to verify that they had the items I ordred in stock. They told me to hold on while they checked. Came back and said yes everything I wanted was in stock. Whipped out my credit card to give over the phone, but then I was told to go on-line and place the order via the webstore...it'll be faster. Went online 5 minutes later and order was place. Two weeks later nothing. Sent emails, no response. Called and "Oh, we haven't shipped your order because we are waiting on an item that was out of stock." They told me verbally that everything was in stock minutes before I ordered. This was a freaking maglock that I could have driven 15 minutes to a local dealer to buy. They have no clue when the maglock will be back in stock and wouldn't ship any of the items until the order is complete. I was PO'd by then, and told them to cancel the maglock and just ship the rest of my items. I was told that I'll be charged a fee for cancelling the maglock which they basically lied to me about being in stock in the first place. Then they had the nerve to tell me the charge was only going to be a dollar and what my problem was with that. Get a clue Lanworld, it's not about the dollar. It's about you lying to me and then charging me a fee for your mistake and wasted two weeks of my time. Spent more than a thousand bucks at Lanworld, but that dollar fee is the last buck you will get from me. The balance of my order better ship on Monday as promised and I'd better get a ship confirmation as promised. The only people I will call end of Monday is my credit card company.

Clod

Chris and Maria are the best! Take a look at their site and you will see things unavailable anywhere else. Pricing is wholesale. Doesn't get any better. 20+ items ordered without fail.

missiontrails
01-31-2009, 7:09 AM
Chris just e-mailed me back last night, and said that my mags are in stock and that they have been filling orders for them daily. So, I will continue this next week....

50CalAL
01-31-2009, 7:26 AM
I ordered a UMP conversion from them online. They charged my credit card right away but the conversion took something like 2 months to arrive.

I did get an email saying the items was backordered ~2 weeks. When I'd call or email they did respond within an acceptable timeframe but they always underestimated the delay.

They did send me an email with tracking info as soon as it shipped thought and the conversion was what they promised.

So overall got what I ordered and they were courteous and replied to my emails, just wished it was a little more accurate on the wait time and that they didn't charge my card right away, or at least not the full balance until the conversion shipped.

Olav
01-31-2009, 7:27 AM
I stopped doing business with them in back in June 08.

That's when I noticed the service started to degrade significantly.

I didn't like their policy of billing my credit card then not shipping anything because they are waiting for the item to be in stock.

Blacktail 8541
01-31-2009, 8:03 AM
To all those that are waiting on back orders. Think about this. If your back order goes past 90 days and you have not contested the charges, You are at the mercy of the vendor. You can not get your money back unless the vendor is accomodateing. And then he can charge what ever fee he wants for the cancleation and you can do nothing about it.

PIRATE14
01-31-2009, 9:54 AM
To all those that are waiting on back orders. Think about this. If your back order goes past 90 days and you have not contested the charges, You are at the mercy of the vendor. You can not get your money back unless the vendor is accomodateing. And then he can charge what ever fee he wants for the cancleation and you can do nothing about it.

Now you know why some vendors don't want to take special orders...it's a double edge sword.....but most reputable vendors will refund your money...and if there is cancellation fee it should be noted and agreed upon...

Blacktail 8541
01-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Now you know why some vendors don't want to take special orders...it's a double edge sword.....but most reputable vendors will refund your money...and if there is cancellation fee it should be noted and agreed upon...

I Agree with you. Terms for cancleation should be clearly stated up front. If the consumer wants something special, a deposit should be made with a hefty fee for cancleation. That would show they really want it.

I do not agree on full purchase price on items that the vendor has no eta on or an extended eta.

SubSolar
01-31-2009, 12:10 PM
They are California friendly but seem to have some sort of Just-In-Time supply system meaning they carry no inventory. Great for them, bad for us. Even before the buying frenzy, they said it would takes weeks/months for an LMT or S&W rifle. I ordered an RRA 2 stage LPK 2 months ago and still haven't got it. But they charged my card right away.

wilcox34
02-01-2009, 1:37 AM
They are good people had a few things shipped in to J and J a year ago and things worked out. I use the local guys now J and J, Riflegear, and CWS all have good prices and keep things in. You will get your product. I think a lot of these shops need working capital to keep the doors open when there is not any thing to sell. So the upfront payment seems to be standard.

FMJBT
02-01-2009, 1:37 AM
Ordered a DPMS LPK from them last night. The site says they are in stock. Will post here with results.

Jim40
02-01-2009, 2:02 PM
Although I've never ordered from their website, last week I used the phone to order an expensive item that had a three-month backlog.

LAN World told me up front that they would charge my credit card when I placed the order, not when they receive the item in a few months.

It would be nice if they didn't do that. But I don't have a beef with them because they clearly told me what would happen.

GrayWolf09
02-01-2009, 5:10 PM
My experience with LanWorld is that they are a stand up business. They have two problems.

They do not tell you when an item is out of stock.

They charge your credit card when they order it, not like AR-15 when it is shipped.

If you can live with that go for it.

If you can't go elsewhere.

G17GUY
02-01-2009, 9:50 PM
I just ordered a crap load and they charged my cc, and their website stated everything was backordered for 6-8 weeks. I wish I saw this thread first. You think If I request them to reverse the charge until they have stock they wil do it?

Eroland7
02-01-2009, 9:55 PM
I ordered 2 10/20 mags and a bullet button from them about 15 days ago. I never got an email confirming my order, I never got an email stateing that they were shipped. They charged my CC instantly, all items said they were in stock. 15 days later nothing, 2 emails, nothing in return. D- in my book so far...

nikonuser
02-02-2009, 6:44 AM
I always talk to them on the phone to make sure what I wanted is in stock. Very nice transactions on everything I have purchased and they know a few FFL around me that I can use. I actually ask them to put me on the FN Scar wait list. I like dealing with them since they are very California friendly.

missiontrails
02-02-2009, 8:15 AM
Chris e-mailed me this morning about my 4 mags. He said that a lot of people have been waiting for a lot of things, but he said he did not see any reason that he could not "kick my order out this week."

egslaw
02-02-2009, 8:32 AM
I ordered two 10/30 Stag Magazines on 1/26/09 online. They were listed as "in stock". I got a confirmation of order email, an email saying my credit card was approved and another email when the order shipped. Should be here today. In my book, that is as good as it gets.

I ALSO ordered a Stag 2T at the beginning of the month. I was told the policy was charge up front, they THEN place the order with Stag and when it arrives they ship it out and I get an email. PLEASE NOTE, that I ONLY ordered because I knew this was a GAMBLE! This is an out-of-state vendor and if he decides to rip me off there is little I can do. Even though I am an attorney, I am only licensed in CA and short of me flying to Utah and filing a small claims action, I am out the $1,200.

I tried to negotiate a large deposit on the rifle but they wouldn't budge on their "policy".

I have high hopes but I am not buying anything for this new rifle until it is physically at Bullseye for the transfer.

On a personal note, I think it is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE business practices to take a customers money and THEN place the order with the manufacurer. You are "floating" my money in your account while the order is placed. I do see the other side though, the cost of his rifles would be much higher if he had to stock inventory or "eat" special ordered items that were never paid for.

He had a great price and I went for it knowing the risks. If you can handle that... GO FOR IT! But ALWAYS, ALWAYS... call first. They basically have NOTHING in stock... anything that comes in must be for all the backorders.

missiontrails
02-02-2009, 9:59 AM
I don't think that any vendor right now would have to "eat" any AR upper or rifle right now. "Oh, your AR upper has arrived, oh... you don't want it? Ok, I will give it to one of the next 100 guys that is in line.". That my friends sums up the risk to any vendor right now, in other words, there is 0% risk for them.

MikeR
02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I didn't order from them because they wanted full payment up front and lead times were in the 20 week range. To bad really because they have the best prices. I would have been happy to leave a 50% deposit too. If you order something and don't know they are going to want payment up front you are not asking the right questions. Its their choice to require payment first, but i wonder how much business they have lost because of it.

Ohh well we all would run our business differently and our thinking might change after we were actually in business and have seen the flip side.

Communication was very good though, emails and phone calls returned within 24 hours.

egslaw
02-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I tried the 50% depost too, they didn't go for it.

I even tried 90% deposit since my credit company would back me up if it was just a deposit, albeit a large one...and they still wouldn't go for it.

Whatever, IT IS A SELLERS MARKET IN FIREARMS RIGHT NOW!

evollep3
02-02-2009, 12:58 PM
i agree and disagree about the 0% risk just because you have a upper sitting a around does not mean that it will sell just remember not everyone wants the same thing and Lans World submits probaly hundreds of orders daily now imagine the Loss ratio if people cancel and how many uppers lowers or just special orders they will need to eat. however i can co sign the down payment clause

Clodbuster
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Join the club :(

They said they couldn't ship because 1 of the items I ordered was out of stock, and that everything else was sitting ready to go... Think that was all BS. They probably have nothing in stock.

Was promised on the PHONE, that my in stock items would ship 2/2/09 and that they will send a shipment confirmation on 2/2/09. Got nothing from them. An email saying sorry, the dog ate my order invoice and it couldn't go out today would have been good...

Anyway, I've contacted my credit card company to initiate a charge back for non-delivery of goods. Let Lanworld collect their 3% fee from the credit card company. I am done.

Clod

I ordered 2 10/20 mags and a bullet button from them about 15 days ago. I never got an email confirming my order, I never got an email stateing that they were shipped. They charged my CC instantly, all items said they were in stock. 15 days later nothing, 2 emails, nothing in return. D- in my book so far...

Clodbuster
02-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Contact your credit card company to reverse the charge. You don't need to ask LanWorld.

Clod

I just ordered a crap load and they charged my cc, and their website stated everything was backordered for 6-8 weeks. I wish I saw this thread first. You think If I request them to reverse the charge until they have stock they wil do it?

GundamCL
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Just got my Stag 10/30 mags and some Cproducts 10/20 mags (even though I ordered Stag 10/20s, I don't really care what brand so it's not an issue with me)

I ordered from them on Jan 15th and just received them today. I had emailed them about the mags and they responded within an hour or two and shipped them out on the same day I emailed them so their customer service to me is still pretty good.

evollep3
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
dont feel bad guys i had thing on ordered since november i damn near forgot about ;/ i called them just to ask and the lady lori was just plain rude

GTXR390
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
wow, really? i've recently ordered some stuff there, and LanWorld's been prompt and Awesome the whole time. Got a prompt email from Lorrie yesterday...they were quick to reply and got me my tracking number too.

I think they're awesome, just gotta be patient with them.

but of course, no matter how good a business is, there's always someone out there to complain bout it.

Clodbuster
02-04-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL, that's cus you got her name wrong....it's Lorrie with 2 Rs and an E. :p

Clod

dont feel bad guys i had thing on ordered since november i damn near forgot about ;/ i called them just to ask and the lady lori was just plain rude

GTXR390
02-04-2009, 12:51 PM
LOL, that's cus you got her name wrong....it's Lorrie with 2 Rs and an E. :p

Clod

LOL:rofl2:

Clodbuster
02-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Tell me about it. I've been pronouncing it Laurie and got the same treatment... Maria is nice to communicate with though.

Clod

LOL:rofl2:

glockk9mm
02-04-2009, 1:36 PM
Well I've been waiting for a cmmg lower and a spikes tactical lower since November, I was told my order would ship in two days,3 months have gone by and nothing yet, even after they told me the items were instock the day I ordered them. All the other times I've dealt with them were good.

xsquid
02-04-2009, 2:17 PM

I got you beat! I have something I ordered tail end of Oct. (initial ETA was end of Nov.) and I'm still waiting for it, and yes I paid up front. :(

BigMac
02-04-2009, 2:56 PM
I like Chris.

He has been a stand up uy.

GTXR390
02-04-2009, 3:23 PM
I like Chris.

He has been a stand up uy.

yeap, +1 for LanWorld and Irvington Arms for doing my very 1st every transfer for my Stag...:D

HKDoc
02-04-2009, 3:51 PM
I just cancelled an order for a stag tactical complete lower yesterday, I placed order mid Nov. I ended up getting parts from gunbroker. cost a little more, but it was nice to actually have something that you paid for.

I have an hk usc on order from them also, placed in early December. Pretty painful to have wife ask where the money went and not have anything to show for it.

I emailed them to ask for updates, they were very responsive. But they really didn't have any idea when the manufacturers are going to ship. I don't think anyone does.

Has anyone received an hk usc from lanworld recently? When did you place the order?

I am tempted to cancel the order and get one of the many fn ps90's on gunbroker.

thanks for your help.

baselfish
02-04-2009, 5:44 PM
i had posted earilier about thier service and how my upper purchse (which is of course on uber back) was charged in fulll (($735.00)

#1. chris got back to me and gave me assurances on my order

#2. he offered to refund my purchase in full (no fee at all)

in the end all i wanted was a word and just told him i would be emaling him each week about my products...
i was satisifed and have full confidence in them (ask me in 6 months if i dont have my upper and a may have a different opinion).

this issue of charge before shipping - appears to be quite a common unresolved issue (not just with them) - ive been on several other ak forums and the ar15 forum with the same issues about products being severely back ordered with no firm delivery dates and people having thier cards charged 100% up front...

again in the end...lanworld understood my concerns and was good enough to talk with me and give me options...

so again landworld is ok in my book...fo now...

Bf

xxINKxx
02-04-2009, 5:46 PM
I ordered a couple 10/30 stag mags from them a week or so ago, just got them in the mail...No complaints from the vendor at all

USMC Tanker
02-04-2009, 5:54 PM
Lan World shipped my 10/20 mags quickly, no problems.

FMJBT
02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Ordered a DPMS LPK from them last night. The site says they are in stock. Will post here with results.

Got the LPK in the mail today :thumbsup: DPMS was even thoughtful enough to include all the parts this time too :p

Davis
02-05-2009, 2:55 PM
I just placed another order over the phone today for a couple DPMS LPK's and a few more B-16's
Lorrie was a true pleasure to talk to and she even made sure the parts were is stock before I placed the order. I received an confirmation e mail promptly includung a detailed invoice.

I should have the parts in hand when I finally get to pick up my 2 lowers that are now in the 10 day waiting pattern.

I have to add that I love paying the normal prices too instead of the inflated stuff I had to deal with a couple of months ago .

Rick530
02-05-2009, 3:06 PM
I've gotten 10/20 and 10/30 mags from them. ALwasy shipped fast and never any problems with them.

squishy
02-05-2009, 4:36 PM
Has anyone received an hk usc from lanworld recently? When did you place the order?

I ordered one in the beginning of November and haven't received it yet. I've spoken with them a couple times and they seem very friendly and accommodating. The UMP conversion and mags I ordered took a few weeks, but came in.

I'm sure they're trying their best and just like others have said, just have some patience. It's my gut feeling is they're simply waiting on their distributor to send them goods, there's nothing they can do about it.

BroncoBob
02-05-2009, 5:24 PM
Last night I put my pre order in for a Sig 522 rifle. Chris responded to both emails with in 20 minutes. Called Maria today to follow up. My order was confirmed.

nav195
02-05-2009, 5:56 PM
how much was the 552? and when will they ship?

BroncoBob
02-05-2009, 6:12 PM
nav195
Junior Member Join Date: Sep 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how much was the 552? and when will they ship?

Lanworld
$450.00 rifle
$25.00 shipping
$10.00 CA CFLC
$9.70 CCFR (credit card fee)
$494.70 Total
$125.00 25% down to hold one

Their website says June. Will have to play this one by ear.

missiontrails
02-05-2009, 6:27 PM
How does Lan World ship? USPS, UPS, or FedEx?

BroncoBob
02-05-2009, 6:33 PM
How does Lan World ship? USPS, UPS, or FedEx?

The times I ordered parts it always was UPS to my work or home. Of course firearms go to your FFL and I'm pretty sure they use UPS.

Clodbuster
02-05-2009, 7:38 PM
When they tell you they have something in stock at the time you order and tell you that over the phone that it'll go out right away, there is no excuse for waiting 2+ weeks.

Clod

It's my gut feeling is they're simply waiting on their distributor to send them goods, there's nothing they can do about it.

50CalAL
02-05-2009, 8:19 PM
I've only ordered once (UMP conversion) from LANWorld and they were friendly and upfront that the item had to be ordered so there would be a wait.

I didn't like having to pay 100% up front and would have preferred a partial deposit until my order shipped but what kind of got me was that I ordered the end of Oct '08 and didn't get my order shipped until the beginning of 2009. I was told when I called it would be approximately 2 weeks.

I can accept though that because their distributor for the for the UMP conversion is in Europe that it was going to take longer but they can give better estimation than 2 weeks every time I asked (and I called/emailed a few times for updates).

But overall, I might order from them again if I can't get stuff from local dealers and I see that their website does have a much better estimation of backorder times.

Clodbuster
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
When I used LanWord previously, I was told that what I wanted had to be ordered and that there would have to be a wait if I wanted to order it. That's fine if you let your customers know there will be a wait and you had to pay in full up front. As the customer, you then have the choice to enter in the transaction or not.
What I have a problem is, when you tell them that you're only interested in ordering in stock items and they tell you: "yeah we have it, place the order", and then to find out that wasn't the case, and the only way to get out of it is to cancel and get charged a fee. This applies not only to LanWorld, but any business in general.

Clod

HKDoc
02-06-2009, 2:12 PM
I got frustrated waiting as a local dealer had a hk usc in stock, but at a much higher price. I called and talked with Lorrie at Lanworld and asked if they had a ps90 in stock. They did, and I changed my order.

Given how busy they were, I appreciated their friendliness. They didn't charge me a 3% cancellation fee, and the rifle will ship in a couple/several weeks.

I am looking forward to posting some pics when it finally comes in.

Also, they do charge a 2% credit card fee. I told them they really should put it somewhere on their website.

Overall, I am happy with how they have helped me. also, they are getting new software to help track their orders.

calico9mm
02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Ordered Dragunov and Sig classic last Nov. Got the Dragon but still waiting for Sig. I periodically ask for status and Chris and Maria always answer back to my email. Lanworld will refund your money if you ask but I decided to wait for now; there's no other choice anyway.

fallbrook79
02-09-2009, 3:03 PM
i ordered 2 pof lowers and a wasr 10 a week ago and was told 8-10 weeks hope i get them.they have answered all my emails within 24 hours.i didnt like the cc being charged but i feel confident in them giving me my merchandise or a refund.they do state a 3% fee for returns or cancelations.

missiontrails
02-12-2009, 9:11 AM
Hmmm... Still waiting for my 4 "IN STOCK" mags that I ordered 1/27/09. It's only been 15 days, maybe I will see them by the end of the month.

Clodbuster
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Make sure you don't have anything out of stock that went along with that in stock order.

Clod

Hmmm... Still waiting for my 4 "IN STOCK" mags that I ordered 1/27/09. It's only been 15 days, maybe I will see them by the end of the month.

grammaton76
02-12-2009, 1:11 PM
I tried the 50% depost too, they didn't go for it.

I even tried 90% deposit since my credit company would back me up if it was just a deposit, albeit a large one...and they still wouldn't go for it.

Whatever, IT IS A SELLERS MARKET IN FIREARMS RIGHT NOW!

Heh, you'd like to have your cake and eat it too.

If you want stocking dealer shipping times, then you're going to pay stocking dealer prices. PERIOD. Lanworld's prices are typical of guys who order stuff when you place your order... if he had to stock stuff in advance, his prices would reflect it.

Either be cheap or expect stuff promptly, but pick one. This is economics... you don't get to pick both. It's entirely unreasonable to expect Lanworld to run the prices they run and keep it all in stock.

Otherwise he'd have to charge what CWS charges, and you guys are all upset about those prices - but that's the difference between stocking dealer and non stocking dealer prices.

Just make your peace with whichever way you'd rather have things, and realize you can't have it both ways. Once that's been accepted, you'll find your blood pressure a lot lower.

GrayWolf09
02-12-2009, 11:37 PM
One of the owners of a gun store told me last weekend that LAN World is only doing retail sales these days. They have stopped all wholesale sales because retail has better profit margin.

old-trapper
02-12-2009, 11:47 PM
they were great to me the....good communication etc..the mags are the nicest i have .you will be pleased....mark

missiontrails
02-13-2009, 7:22 AM
Spoke to Chris yesterday, he said that my 10/30's are there, but that they were waiting for my 10/20's. Remember Lanworld made a point to list them both as being in stock when I bought them on Jan 27th (now they don't say that on their website). I have a new gun that I can't shoot until I get them.

snypr
02-13-2009, 7:25 AM
can you provide chris's number? I asked to speak to him and the girls bascially said that he doesnt take those calls anymore.....

Clodbuster
02-13-2009, 1:13 PM
LOL, you can cancel those 10/20s and get them to ship the 10/30s...of course you'll probably be charged a fee...even though they said those were in stock when you ordered them.

They give you and ETA as to when those out of stock items, which were supposedly in-stock when you ordered them, are going to be in? When the same situation happened to me and I was told to call back in 3~4 weeks for an update, I was fumming...

Clod

Spoke to Chris yesterday, he said that my 10/30's are there, but that they were waiting for my 10/20's. Remember Lanworld made a point to list them both as being in stock when I bought them on Jan 27th (now they don't say that on their website). I have a new gun that I can't shoot until I get them.

fonionrings
02-13-2009, 1:37 PM
I have an order from January as well for 10/30 and 10/20's from Lanworld. Just received an email this morning saying they're expecting the 10/20's to be in stock anytime now.

missiontrails
02-13-2009, 4:14 PM
Here is my final take... I promise. If other online vendors that we all know list as product as being "IN STOCK", this is what happens...

PK Firearms: Place order, order arrives in 2 days (every time).
Riflegear: Place order, order arives in 1-2 days (every time).
Coldwar Shooters: Place Order, order arrived in an average of 5 days (between my 2 orders).

Lan World: Is Chris a nice guy? Yes. Does Lan World sell the "right products"? Yes. Would I ever order again from them? Probably not. There is just something about paying up front for something listed as available, and then just waiting and waiting for who knows how long. Not too organized. I have been waiting almost 3 weeks to fire my new rifle, but it is a paperweight without mags. Should have ordered them from Riflegear.

snypr
02-14-2009, 8:33 AM
+1+1

lunchb0x
02-14-2009, 9:36 AM
One of the things that keeps me ordering products from Lanworld Inc is there pricing. As a company that hasn't inflated their prices on goods that are now in such high demand should get some 'kudos'. The also have IMO some outstanding customer service. Now the only area that I see room for improvement for them is in their e-store. If they would implement some kind of inventory control like most of the other online retailers transactions would go much smoother... And leave little room for complaints. Right now the best way to insure something on their site is in stock is by giving them the call... And they are more than willing to look for the customer.

As long as the are willing to keep their current business practices in place I'll keep buying from them and just deal with the wait.

missiontrails
02-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I will pay a little more to have it now. When I place an order for something "IN STOCK", 2 things should happen. 1)Receive e-mail confirmation of my order, 2)1-2 days later, receive e-mail confirmation that my order has shipped. PERIOD... No, Excuses, no uncertainty. The cream always rises to the top, and eventually those vendors who are act accordingly to what is posted on their websites will eventually be the only ones receiving the bulk of online orders.

fishmaniac
02-14-2009, 12:11 PM
I've never ordered from them before but if they claim something is IN STOCK either on their website or via phone, theres NO reason to make you wait weeks or months for them to ship out. Perhaps they meant that items are instock for previous back orders :43:...not for incoming orders.

That's just bad business regardless of their pricing.

And I love how some people are defending their practices by saying "pay more and shop elsewhere". It's one thing to conduct a dropship-type business...it's another to tell you items are in stock and ready to ship when they have no intention on shipping them to you.

And how much are we talking with regards to savings? 5%? 10%? What is your time WORTH? What about your CC's interest rates that are being compounded daily?

Again, I have never bought from them before and from what I've heard so far, hope I never have to.

JMHO.

egslaw
02-14-2009, 2:07 PM
I will pay a little more to have it now. When I place an order for something "IN STOCK", 2 things should happen. 1)Receive e-mail confirmation of my order, 2)1-2 days later, receive e-mail confirmation that my order has shipped. PERIOD... No, Excuses, no uncertainty. The cream always rises to the top, and eventually those vendors who are act accordingly to what is posted on their websites will eventually be the only ones receiving the bulk of online orders.

I can't agree more!

I recently cancelled my order through LW. Waiting is one thing, but paying and waiting is another. Their policies are BS.. NO ONE else does that. Vote with your wallets, don't order from them if you have to pay up front and wait UNKNOWN periods for product.

I suspect they are losing more business than they are getting because of this.

JMHO

PIRATE14
02-14-2009, 3:21 PM
.. NO ONE else does that. Vote with your wallets, don't order from them if you have to pay up front and wait UNKNOWN periods for product.

Right now we have prolly a 100K laid out for stuff w/o a delivery date or time frame.....just part of the BIZ right now......not positive or negative.....just the way things are at the moment...

Nessal
02-14-2009, 7:29 PM
Here is my experience with them. On the website, it said that they have Stag and DPMS LPK in stock. I gave them a ring to confirm their inventory and I was told by a lady over the phone that they had both in stock. As soon as I hung up I placed my order that second. A few day comes around and I check my credit card statement online and saw that they charged me. However, I have not received any delivery confirmation or any sort. So I gave them a ring to check up on my order. The same lady (I believe) picked up and I questioned why I was charged and have not received a delivery confirmation. She then proceeds to tell me that they were all out of stock. I couldn't believe that crap. I mean, I even CALLED IT IN to check their stock because they don't have a live inventory setup on their website. If they were out of stock then I wouldn't even have bothered. I explained to her that I was TOLD that there was stock before I placed my order. But that didn't seem to register with her. So I just told her to cancel my order. That's the last time I bought anything from them.

BTW, I found out that they charge 3% restocking fee if you cancel your order. So you get paid for essentially doing nothing.

Oh and another thing. I just checked my credit statement again and they haven't done the refund yet. So I guess I'll have to make another call on Tuesday and get things straight.

Clodbuster
02-14-2009, 9:01 PM
Umm...see post #29 for my Lanworld rant.

Don't know if they actually went to check inventory for me or was just whistling while looking at the second hand on the wall clock while they had me on hold.

Clod

Right now the best way to insure something on their site is in stock is by giving them the call... And they are more than willing to look for the customer.

sugi942
02-14-2009, 9:07 PM
I bought an upper from Lanworld. Still waiting for it, but then I knew I was going to wait. Someone said to vote with your pocket book. I agree. Please don't shop there and if you have an order please cancel it so I can get my upper sooner! Seriously though, pay your credit card off every month so you don't incur an interest charge. I will say it is kinda lame if they say something is in stock, but it isn't. It won't keep me from spending my money there though.

Clodbuster
02-14-2009, 9:07 PM
Lady's name is probably Lorrie... Wonder how much they are making off these fees.

Clod

Here is my experience with them. On the website, it said that they have Stag and DPMS LPK in stock. I gave them a ring to confirm their inventory and I was told by a lady over the phone that they had both in stock. As soon as I hung up I placed my order that second. A few day comes around and I check my credit card statement online and saw that they charged me. However, I have not received any delivery confirmation or any sort. So I gave them a ring to check up on my order. The same lady (I believe) picked up and I questioned why I was charged and have not received a delivery confirmation. She then proceeds to tell me that they were all out of stock. I couldn't believe that crap. I mean, I even CALLED IT IN to check their stock because they don't have a live inventory setup on their website. If they were out of stock then I wouldn't even have bothered. I explained to her that I was TOLD that there was stock before I placed my order. But that didn't seem to register with her. So I just told her to cancel my order. That's the last time I bought anything from them.

BTW, I found out that they charge 3% restocking fee if you cancel your order. So you get paid for essentially doing nothing.

grammaton76
02-14-2009, 9:21 PM
Lady's name is probably Lorrie... Wonder how much they are making off these fees.

At 3%, NOTHING. That's just what the credit card merchant charges when you process...

Clodbuster
02-14-2009, 9:44 PM
I believe credit card merchant fees vary up to 3%. There's still potential profit to be made in those quarter points if the fees are less than 3%.

Clod

At 3%, NOTHING. That's just what the credit card merchant charges when you process...

grammaton76
02-14-2009, 10:45 PM
I believe credit card merchant fees vary up to 3%. There's still potential profit to be made in those quarter points if the fees are less than 3%.

True, but only if you consider the time of the person who's running those transactions to be free OR if the amounts involved are huge ($1k+ per transaction... maybe)

snypr
02-15-2009, 8:06 AM
sounds like the cost of doing business....

missiontrails
02-18-2009, 9:14 PM
Still no mags. Ordered 1/27/09, "IN STOCK."

Eroland7
02-18-2009, 9:25 PM
I ordered 2 10/20 mags that they said were in stock. It took me about 3 weeks to get them...

missiontrails
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Seems like they like to treat people like sheep, stupid sheep. I gave it a chance, but now I'm just angry. I just want to shoot my rifle. Never again. Either it's in stock, or it's not, there is no in-between.

Clodbuster
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
It's only been 5 days since the post where Lanworld said the 10/20 mags were expected any time now.
If not shipped in the next couple of days, Lanworld should have said: expected any week now...

Clod

Still no mags. Ordered 1/27/09, "IN STOCK."

missiontrails
02-23-2009, 8:48 PM
Still no mags. I swear, handing your credit card to this vendor is like tossing it into a black hole!

missiontrails
02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Just caved and bought 2 x 10/20 mags today from Riflegear. Now I should be able to go shoot in a couple of days. If I could cancel my order with Lanworld, I would, but since they charged my CC one month ago..........

HKDoc
02-26-2009, 10:03 PM
My ffl received the upper for my ps90 on Tues from Lanworld. I was very happy to finally see the fruit of my hard earned $2k. Anyways, it was a long ordeal, I wanted to cancel my order several times as I had initially ordered an hk usc and a stag complete lower. I finally called after three months to cancel and they told me a ps90 was in stock and I purchased it instead.

They are really busy trying to get the orders out. my ps90 didn't get shipped right away until I called back a couple of weeks later trying to find out why I wasn't charged the difference. Then they shipped right away. I found that I was able to get better service when I called and emailed them about the progress of my order.

In the end, they shipped a new black reticle ps90 and not the white reticle one. Their prices are not over inflated, but they do charge as soon as you place your order. Also, be ready for a 2% credit charge.

I would definitely buy from them again. Thanks Chris, Maria and Lorrie!

U2BassAce
02-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Chris did a great job for me over the summer before the mad rush. ;)Today it is what it is.:p

missiontrails
02-28-2009, 7:32 AM
End of the week, still no mags. Still can't use my rifle. That makes it 31 days and counting for "In-Stock" mags. $112

Hk996
02-28-2009, 8:15 AM
They have lots of backorder issues... I've been calling every month for status updates... I've done a few orders since last year so I have stuff (lower) still on back order.

Lorrie has been helping me lately and she is very helpful. She's getting better now that she's been around a couple months.

I think if you are getting impatient, just call. I was looking at some old orders and realized that something I cancelled in october was never credited to me. I called yesterday and Lorrie found out that it was sitting as store credit. They looked it over and are in the process of putting it back to my CC this weekend.

When I first called I left a message... called 2 days later and Lorrie said that she was about to call me (had my invoice out), so they will get back, but with all the craziness going on, it just may take a couple days.

I'm happy with the service so far. I just hate the lower back order, but that would be with anywhere.

02-28-2009, 8:18 AM
I was going to order a NOVESKE N4 lower...

I understand paying a bit more for an item that is available right away vs. the backorder with no answer process...

missiontrails
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Still no mags. I opened a CC dispute 3/2/09. I just recieved a couple of C-products 10/20 black Teflon ones from riflefear.com to get me by. Those SS black Teflon ones seem pretty good.

fonionrings
03-09-2009, 2:01 PM
Still no mags. I opened a CC dispute 3/2/09. I just recieved a couple of C-products 10/20 black Teflon ones from riflefear.com to get me by. Those SS black Teflon ones seem pretty good.

still waiting on 10/20's from 1/30.

"in stock" does not necessarily mean in stock.

missiontrails
03-13-2009, 7:33 PM
Just "closed the book" on this one. My CC company just refunded my $110 + interest as a result of my dispute. This process took about 10 days. This also tells me that my mags were nowhere near being shipped. This is my end to the thread.

remington
03-18-2009, 4:36 PM
I Ordered 6 Stags 11/20/2008. I recieved 2 one month ago. They have no idea about the other 4. Chris has never returned a call or even emailed. He has Lorrie or Maria do it. They have insisted that I am next in line, which means that they have not sent out any rifles since 2/17/2009? (if I got two then they must be waiting for the other 4, and when recieved immediatly sent to me, right?) I find that hard to believe. This has been a horrible experience and frankly nothing about Lanworld impresses me. The rifles are Stag and are great, but the middleman is in missing in action and devoid of any customer service.

For you supporters out there, I am very pleased that your experience in better than mine. But that does not change the fact that communication does not exist and Chris is always "out of the country".

I will build my own in the future. Don't order from Lanworld. Just my opinion.

MontClaire
03-18-2009, 4:45 PM
they promised to take care of me but when i called -was told to call back in a week and then was told to place an infinite order. Needless to say that I will not be buying anything from them.

remington
03-18-2009, 5:21 PM
Sorry to here that montclair.

With all the advanced money Lanworld has from buyers, I can only hope Chris comes back from being out of the country. Perhaps he should spend more time addressing his customer base and less time traveling. All this craziness will subside, but the reputation will linger on. Lanworld has failed in my opinion. Yes, not all of that is their fault. But selling and collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars on items they do not have in stock, being dishonest about delivery dates, not commucating directly with customers and shipping new orders before older (no priority) olders will not be forgotten. Myself and many others will warn others about buying from Lanworld for years to come. Many will search Calguns.net and reach there own conclusion.

I'm done with this thread as well. As I am with lanworld.

anniepoks
03-18-2009, 6:34 PM
Still waiting for my SW M&P15t since Nov.
Patience i guess, brother in arms......i know its a long way to go but worth the wait probably. Plus they sell stuffs for less too. In fact mine sez 6-8 weeks wait but seems like its going forever now ----- 4 months running and counting.

FullMetalJacket
03-18-2009, 6:35 PM
For what it's worth, this thread will keep me from ever attempting to do business with LanWorld.

akguy999
03-18-2009, 6:45 PM
I was considering buying several guns from Lanworld, but held back when they were unable to give me any real idea about the wait times involved. Given the era, it's understandable that people would have trouble being exact, but when you're charging people many thousands of dollars on an order up front, it is reasonable to be held to a higher standard than just "they come when they come."

Riflegear.com seems a lot more reasonable in the sense that they do not charge your account until the item ships. True, they "reserve" funds, but the reservation is cancelled if the item doesn't ship in 3-4 weeks, so you don't really pay until the thing goes out the door to you.

Vanguard
03-18-2009, 9:03 PM
I was quoted a backlog time of 5 to 7 months on Stag uppers and lowers as well as complete units.

God Bless The Mauser
03-18-2009, 9:17 PM
I ordered a RRA match trigger on 2/26 and I received an email right after that said they were a few more weeks on on them. Well it's now 3/18 and still no word yet. Anyone else order any? How long did it take to get?

BroncoBob
03-18-2009, 9:26 PM
I have ordered from Chris for almost 2 years now and have had him supply several of my OLL rifles and builds. As of now I have my Stag 6 H upper on order with Lanworld. I don't have any problems waiting. Sometimes reading this thread is like sucking on sour grapes. Chris was one of the early supporters of us in CA. when not many would. Now when lead times get lenghtly some calgunners start to jump ship. For you junior members I'm not sure where you get off with your negative comments. Just my 2 cents.

07AWD3SS
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I was quoted a backlog time of 5 to 7 months on Stag uppers and lowers as well as complete units.

I ordered a complete Stag SA2 and Full Stag Lower from Lanworld 3/17/09.

They banged my card and told me 5 to 7 months - Lorrie did seem to be a little new. She did say to call back in a month or two and see if there was any "news" on the order. I asked as in "status" and she said, "Yes." I said I certainly will.

I did get an email with the invoice and did receive several prompt replies to some questions via email during the sales process from Lorrie.

I am all new to this AR thing but have been a gun owner for 25 years.

I now have 780 rounds for a gun I don't even own actually own yet. This is FUN!

I could have bought a beat up Bushmaster locally for the same coin I spent for a complete rifle and 2nd complete lower and actually own a something to shoot the ammo with - but I thought a nice shinny new one - or two - would be worth the wait?

I want to thank everyone on this site for all the great info and I do need to make a contribution to support the site. :thumbsup:

03-18-2009, 10:39 PM
I was considering buying a Century WASR-10 AK. The rep said they were shipping and out 6-8 weeks...

Should I do it?:confused:

BroncoBob
03-19-2009, 6:01 AM
I was considering buying a Century WASR-10 AK. The rep said they were shipping and out 6-8 weeks...

Should I do it?:confused:

The sooner you do it the sooner it will be in your hands to have fun with.

vf111
03-19-2009, 8:40 AM
I have ordered from Chris for almost 2 years now and have had him supply several of my OLL rifles and builds. As of now I have my Stag 6 H upper on order with Lanworld. I don't have any problems waiting. Sometimes reading this thread is like sucking on sour grapes. Chris was one of the early supporters of us in CA. when not many would. Now when lead times get lenghtly some calgunners start to jump ship. For you junior members I'm not sure where you get off with your negative comments. Just my 2 cents.

I too have done much business (probbaly $5K worth) w/ Lanworld over the last two years but I was one of the first to start a b***h session about them. Not becasue of the wait (I understand the nuttiness of the current climate) but because they wanted to charge my cc in full for a rifle they do not know when they were going to receive if ever. Essentially, I would be floating them a $2K interest free loan. That and their lack of customer service now that Chris no longer answers the phone or emails himself, is what torques me and why I refuse to spend my hard earned cash there.

missiontrails
03-19-2009, 8:48 AM
Funny thing, when I was still in the 45 day waiting process for my 4 magazines (before I filled a CC dispute), Chris was always the one to e-mail me with the "they should go out this week."

BroncoBob
03-19-2009, 10:05 AM
I too have done much business (probbaly $5K worth) w/ Lanworld over the last two years but I was one of the first to start a b***h session about them. Not becasue of the wait (I understand the nuttiness of the current climate) but because they wanted to charge my cc in full for a rilfe they do not when they were going to receive if ever. Essentially, I would be floating them a $2K interest free loan. That and their lack of customer service now that Chris no longer answers the phone or emails himself, is what torques me and why I refuse to spend my hard earned cash there.

I can understand your concern about "interest free loan" however if you notice he is holding his prices. Everytime I have emailed him, he has returned my emails, he has mentioned that he has asked either Maria or Lorie to look into any questions I may have had. Just my 2 cents.

CAL.BAR
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
OK I have also done a lot of business with Lanworld and also was a bit put off for a paid in full backorder of the HK USC (which for Chris appears to stand for "unobtainable Sporting Carbine") After months of nothing, I finally scored one on GB for only a bit more than Chris's rate. When I went to cancel my order I was told that I'd have to pay 3% of the refund price for card charges.

Can you believe that! I get to pay $45.00 to loan Lanworld $1500 for three months! Great work if you can get it. And apparently he can. (He just can't seem to get any USC's)

Henry47
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
OK I have also done a lot of business with Lanworld and also was a bit put off for a paid in full backorder of the HK USC (which for Chris appears to stand for "unobtainable Sporting Carbine") After months of nothing, I finally scored one on GB for only a bit more than Chris's rate. When I went to cancel my order I was told that I'd have to pay 3% of the refund price for card charges.

Can you believe that! I get to pay $45.00 to loan Lanworld $1500 for three months! Great work if you can get it. And apparently he can. (He just can't seem to get any USC's)

yeah, i agree it sucks, but his merchant already processed the $1500 and took his 3% cut. The best thing to do would be for Lanworld to have billed upon shipment, but of course that would probably mean taking their own cash to purchase from manufacturer/distributor.

t0kie
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I bought my Stag from Chris & it was a perfect transaction :thumbsup: .

He's not there all the time now, but I left a message thru Maria & he called me back. He even recommended me few local FFLs that he dealt with before that are friendly with our black rifles. Of course I asked him before placing the order if he had it in stock and at that time they do, so it took only 2 business day to arrive in my local FFL, which is cool.
________
Paxil injury lawyer (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

missiontrails
03-19-2009, 1:50 PM
His merchant would not have charged Chris upfront if he would not have charged our CC's for items he does not have, and items that he does not have to pay for until they are shipped to him. And when he does finaly need to pay HIS vendor for YOUR order, he should be able to front the money, it's called running a retail business, and his reward for that is called "PROFIT". Also, reffering to a HK USC as a "special" order is ludicrous, because that is a NORMALLY stockable item that he would stock if there were any available. Total BS.

CAL.BAR
03-19-2009, 1:58 PM
His merchant would not have charged Chris upfront if he would not have charged our CC's for items he does not have, and items that he does not have to pay for until they are shipped to him. And when he does finaly need to pay HIS vendor for YOUR order, he should be able to front the money, it's called running a retail business, and his reward for that is called "PROFIT". Also, reffering to a HK USC as a "special" order is ludicrous, because that is a NORMALLY stockable item that he would stock if there were any available. Total BS.

I "think" perhaps his cc company charges 3% for all CC transactions regardless of incoming or outgoing. (my presumption) In any event, I agree, he shouldn;t be asking for payment in full on an item he can't promise w/i a reasonable time. (or even promise to get at all.) When I asked him point blank "can you get the USC" he demurred and said if he couldn't, i could get a refund. Not promissing.

Shadowdrop
03-19-2009, 1:59 PM
I'm at 6 weeks waiting on a LPK, Monsterman grip, A2 buttstock, and ambi-select safety switch. I just emailed them and all they have so far is the MMG with no estimate on all the other parts...I hope they are enjoying my $200.

grammaton76
03-19-2009, 2:01 PM
Funny thing, when I was still in the 45 day waiting process for my 4 magazines (before I filled a CC dispute), Chris was always the one to e-mail me with the "they should go out this week."

Ah yes, I love recognizing peoples' voices over email. You can be sure that you're talking to the boss guy when you get an email that has his name on it.

...well, actually you can't. Consider that it may be a customer relations thing to have whoever's processing everything use Chris's signature line / return email address.

Clodbuster
03-19-2009, 2:14 PM
A couple of points:

Not all credit card merchants charge 3 percent. That's the maximum they usually charge. Depending on volume, and agreements, they charge less.

Lanworld is a merchant (supposedly). In which case they will have accounts with the manufacturer or distributor. I haven't seen a mfg or distributor yet that charge a merchant at time of order for something they have no inventory. The merchant account is charged at time of shipment and is usually given 30 days to actually pay.

Clod

yeah, i agree it sucks, but his merchant already processed the $1500 and took his 3% cut. The best thing to do would be for Lanworld to have billed upon shipment, but of course that would probably mean taking their own cash to purchase from manufacturer/distributor.

Clodbuster
03-19-2009, 2:35 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but I would think there would be a law against signing some other person's name to an email you wrote. They could sign it as 'LanWorld' since they are employees representing the corporate entity. But representing another person is different.

Clod

Ah yes, I love recognizing peoples' voices over email. You can be sure that you're talking to the boss guy when you get an email that has his name on it.

...well, actually you can't. Consider that it may be a customer relations thing to have whoever's processing everything use Chris's signature line / return email address.

hiperfind
03-21-2009, 7:40 PM
I ordered a POF 415GENII on Jan 2, 2009. I just found out from Chris @ POF, that they are no longer going to honor that order for orders placed after the 1st of the year. I have to spend another $80 to pay for a GenIII model AND continue to wait in line for god knows how long. So, I ask for a refund, $350 shipped for a stripped lower is too rich for my blood. They refunded me, minus the 3%, and then tacked on another 2% CC charge for the refund?! That's 5% for a loan! Yeah, I like Lanworld's customer service interface, but their charges & refund charge is BS. I'll possibly do business with them again, in 2012, but it's too crazy right now. I found a Spikes on gunbroker, and it's already coming.

G17GUY
03-21-2009, 8:04 PM
I ordered a POF 415GENII on Jan 2, 2009. I just found out from Chris @ POF, that they are no longer going to honor that order for orders placed after the 1st of the year. I have to spend another $80 to pay for a GenIII model AND continue to wait in line for god knows how long. So, I ask for a refund, $350 shipped for a stripped lower is too rich for my blood. They refunded me, minus the 3%, and then tacked on another 2% CC charge for the refund?! That's 5% for a loan! Yeah, I like Lanworld's customer service interface, but their charges & refund charge is BS. I'll possibly do business with them again, in 2012, but it's too crazy right now. I found a Spikes on gunbroker, and it's already coming.

Just contact your credut card company that is BS.

GrayWolf09
03-22-2009, 1:38 PM
Listen, things are crazy right now. Why President Obama has chosen to begin the economic recovery with the gun industry is beyond me. But I have placed 3 orders with Lanworld in the last 6 months and have gotten all 3 of them when they were available.

How is Lanworld different than Irvington Arms which charged my credit card in November 08 for a Stag lower I have not yet received?

I am willing to wait for a lower price. The problem is who knows who is getting what? People are ordering stuff to sell here for more than they paid for it on speculation. Maybe they win in the short run and maybe they don't. Take the long view.:confused:

grammaton76
03-23-2009, 1:39 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but I would think there would be a law against signing some other person's name to an email you wrote. They could sign it as 'LanWorld' since they are employees representing the corporate entity. But representing another person is different.

This might hold water if it were done without the guy's consent. I seriously doubt that (for one) you'd ever know it wasn't really the guy, and (two) that it'd be worth trying to bring a small claims case on.

CAL.BAR
03-23-2009, 1:45 PM
How is Lanworld different than Irvington Arms which charged my credit card in November 08 for a Stag lower I have not yet received?
:

I don't know ask Irvington i they will charge your CC 3% if you want them to return your money!

Brendan Sullivan
03-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Just my own little tidbit to tack onto this thread: I ordered and was charged for a rifle two months ago and haven't heard a single word from LWI so I gave them a call. They confirmed my order is still pending but they have no idea when the item will be in. Customer service so far has been great, but I was not aware of their 'charge now, ship later' policy and will probably not be a repeat customer unless some miracle happens.

VaderSpade
03-28-2009, 1:35 PM
I just ordered two B16 bullet buttons from LWI, they were shipped and arrived in less than a week, BUT they shipped them with signature required. In the last three months I have ordered from 10-15 different companties. Some orders were over $1,000.00, none of them required a signature. The delivery guys know where to drop packages, I even have a lock box, but I had to miss work to get an $80.00 order from Lan???
Nice buttons though.

fallbrook79
04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
i ordered a wasr and 2 lowers from them end of january they told me 6 weeks for the wasr and about 8 - 10 weeks for the lowers.i emailed them after 6 weeks to check on it and chris's reply was we ship as fast as you can and if you cant wait let me know.well its been 8 weeks and nothing so i email them to cancel 1 lower and check on my order.i didnt hear back from them for two weeks so i emailed them again and got an instant reply saying it is going to be another 8 weeks minimum.these guys quote you a timeline of their next shipment not if you are going to get it then.it just seems a little shady how when they want your money they will tell you what you want to hear.then when they have your money its like youll get it when you get it and if you dont like it cancel and pay us 3% lending us money.anyways just wanted to let you guys know if you order from lanworld be ready to wait.i would have rather bought from dds and been shooting now for another 100 dollars.

the2thwizard
04-20-2009, 4:22 PM
I had a PTR on order with Lanworld since early December 2008. Of course they charged my CC for over 1200.00. They still cannot give me a ETA. Would you guys demand a refund or just let it ride? Maria insists they will charge me a 3% fee to cancel. Do you guys feel with current times they are trustworthy? I feel like over 4 months is being vey patient especially since they have already charged my CC. What are your guys opinions?

dodgeit101
04-20-2009, 4:47 PM
I ordered an RRA LPK two months back. I had all my stuff together and couldn't wait any longer so I bought the first LPK I saw and decided I would take the 3% fee. I called them up and they told me that they were going to charge me a 3% fee but when I got my credit back it was for the full amount.

Group B
04-20-2009, 5:16 PM
I placed the order for my LMT CQB MRP Piston Complete rifle from them back in the beginning of last November. They took a deposit from me for the order, and told me up front that I was looking at approximately 3 months for it to arrive at my FFL.

They never called me to give me an updated eta, and when I would call them to check on how much longer it would be, they told me that they had no idea, that they could not contact LMT to get an updated eta from them, and they reminded me that they would charge me a cancellation fee in the event I decided to purchase it elsewhere.

By the beginning of March, I had really started to get ancy, and when I called them to check again as to the eta, they told me that I was now looking at 6 months from order entrance to completion, and for me to plan on waiting approximately an additional 3 months.

Towards the end of March, I received an email alert from a shipping company, telling me that my rifle would ship from LAN World the next day, out to my FFL.

So in the end, although I wasn't exacly ecstatic over their customer service, solely due to never being given a revised eta when I called them. I maintain that I never expected them to call me with updates, even though it would have been a bonus.

I appreciated the fact that I got a great deal on the rifle that I really wanted, and I would still do business with them, in spite of the fact that dealing with them requires having lots of patience.

Fortunately I've learned to be a very patient guy.

97F1504RAD
04-20-2009, 6:02 PM
I had a PTR on order with Lanworld since early December 2008. Of course they charged my CC for over 1200.00. They still cannot give me a ETA. Would you guys demand a refund or just let it ride? Maria insists they will charge me a 3% fee to cancel. Do you guys feel with current times they are trustworthy? I feel like over 4 months is being vey patient especially since they have already charged my CC. What are your guys opinions?

Let it ride I also placed a order with them Maria informed me of up to a 6 month wait so I will wait. I emailed PTR and they told me they are at least 7 months backlogged.

I will wait because their price was outstanding compared to everywhere else and I will get the PTR i want and not settle for one elsewhere just because someone has one in stock

high_revs
04-21-2009, 12:20 AM
i'm a satisfied customer of lan world inc. but i can play the waiting game as their prices are outstanding. i do mix it up with other sponsors here, with lan world being the most recent i did biz with, and will do biz in the future.

missiontrails
04-21-2009, 6:46 AM
Their communication is the worst I have experienced, and I am convinced that they have made a living charging people 3% for cancellations. It's like allowing your money to fall into a "Black Hole" in outer space. I won a credit card dispute against them, and there was NO 3% re-stocking fee when I was finished.

Davis
04-27-2009, 4:57 PM
ordered 4 DPMS LPK's and some B-16 on Feb 5, shipped last week and now UPS has them on hold at their center now for me to pick up due to signature required.

I guess one more day and a extra trip to UPS won't make that much of a difference.
I was originall told that they were in stock when I place the order and I had them confirm over the phone that they had more then what I ordered in at that time.

I do not mind the wait since I got them at the orginal cost

I will still order from them in the future.

God Bless The Mauser
04-27-2009, 5:10 PM
I ordered a national match RRA trigger on 2/26 and it shipped 4/24 so it took almost 2 months.

eric1972
04-27-2009, 7:12 PM

I went through a similar issue and was a bit ticked about it. I ordered a Noveske N4 lower for $185 at the beginning of the year (my credit card was charged then) and when it recently arrived a few weeks ago, they told me that the price went up $60, and it was take it or leave it. I wound up paying the extra $60, kind of a Hobson's choice, but the principle of it did upset me. I generally had a good experience with them in the past and it was all with Chris until this recent transaction, but, I'm kind of wary now. I may still do business with them, I don't know.

copenhagen269
04-27-2009, 7:49 PM
Ordered a stag lower late november and still havn't seen it. Now I see them all over the place,:nopity: oh well

kel-tec-innovations
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM

Well everywhere i look everything is backed order, so i would rather wait unless you find another company in stock. I am currently waiting on my PSl from lan world, but good news is i'm 1st in line for the wait list but i was told 4 months minimum wait time. For the PTR 91 i wanted one too but the lead time was 5-6 month minimum. Lan World is trying their best. Maria is very nice to reply my e-mails quickly to keep my updated if the PSL gets in.

Thank Obama for all the wait

kel-tec-innovations
04-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm waiting on my PSL, i just e-mail them weekly if my PSL is in. Their price is the best and i can't complain when they are willing to ship to CA. Alot of other places simply says NO CALIFORNIA SELLS. So i'm glad Lan World is willing to sell us guns.

My PSL MINIMUM wait time is 4 months. Well i hope it doesn't take 8 months X_x or if i'm lucky sooner thatn 4 months

Its the feeling i get when i have to do the stupid 10 day wait. While anxiously waiting to get the rifle and shoot it. I think i'd be numb by the 2nd month, $900 paid.

My friends tell me to buy ammo instead lol might be a good idea.

kel-tec-innovations
05-07-2009, 12:44 AM
i surrendered, i just bought another PSL for the same price from another company that has stock. I'm cancelling my order and they get $30 from me

lesson learned

Tragic Image
05-07-2009, 1:26 AM
when you purchased it, did they disclose a 3% cancelation fee? Might be worth it to fight it with your CC company.

U2BassAce
05-07-2009, 9:48 AM
I bought a few things from them pre panic. He was great to work with! :thumbsup:

grammaton76
05-12-2009, 1:56 PM
I am convinced that they have made a living charging people 3% for cancellations. It's like allowing your money to fall into a "Black Hole" in outer space. I won a credit card dispute against them, and there was NO 3% re-stocking fee when I was finished.

I am pretty sure they don't get that 3% - the reason you don't get it either is because the credit card processor is charging them that 3%, and they lose the money when they issue a refund.

However, if I were dealing with the situation, I believe I'd go the CC dispute route too.

kel-tec-innovations
05-12-2009, 2:56 PM
when you purchased it, did they disclose a 3% cancelation fee? Might be worth it to fight it with your CC company.

They mentioned the 3% cancelation because they say they get charged for the CC.

I see that as BS. I have my own business and when a customer use their CC and then i refund their payment full I don't get Charged ! because the transaction was voided.

Not only did Lan World charged 3% cancelation they also charge a 2% when you first purchase with CC.

97F1504RAD
05-12-2009, 4:22 PM
Not everyone has the same credit card acceptance terms as everyone else.

thefinger
05-12-2009, 4:25 PM
I ordered a few mags from them back in the day. I guess it was about 2 years ago. I talked to Chris on the phone for about 20 minutes and he expained to me the differences between the different 10 rounders and which were best. Then we even chatted for a bit about how he was trying to help California folks get the stuff they can have legally.

Quality guy. If there were any bad experiences I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Tragic Image
05-12-2009, 4:26 PM
thats true, it really depends on which process company you are going through.

but unless they disclosed a 3% cancellation fee at time of purchase I wouldn't pay it.

If it IS disclosed at the time of purchase, then its all on the up and up.

I still wanna get a Sig 522 from them.... BADLY!

zman
11-03-2009, 2:44 PM
Is Maria still at LanWorldInc? I just emailed her and it bounced back :(

11-03-2009, 3:23 PM
LWI no longer have my business. I had enough from them. I'd waste no more time ranting about them.

missiontrails
11-03-2009, 6:36 PM
Helluva thread I started back in January.

97F1504RAD
11-03-2009, 7:21 PM
Lan World Delivers. It took awhile for me to get mine but they delivered as promised. And the delay was not their fault in any way.

SLYoteBoy
11-03-2009, 7:48 PM
Ordered a Stag Lower from them 2.5-3 years ago. Good prices , Chris was awesome , explained to me what to do. Few months later ordered 3 more myself , and a couple buddies ordered some with me. Awesome at calling you back/getting back to you , and answering noob questions. Haven't dealt with him in a while. Wouldn't know what its like now.

zman
11-04-2009, 10:17 AM
It's confirmed. No more Maria at Lanworld.

unclejesse
11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
they take a looooooooooooooooong time to ship :eek:

WeekendWarrior
11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
WWRTW

beemaze
11-06-2009, 8:41 AM
LanWorld is so so. I ordered a SIG 556 ER from them this summer. They ended up sending me a 556 Classic lower with folding stock and 556 ER upper. My FFL and I were like, WTF? I immediately called the sales rep, Lorrie. She was very helpful and I ended up returning it on their dime. A few weeks later they finally sent me the correct rifle, they credited me $96, but I had to pay the shipping. Worked out OK and they were very nice, and Lorrie called me before they shipped out the correct configuration, but it would have been better if they had gotten things right the 1st time. I think part of the problem was that one of their distributors, RSR wholesale, was jerking them around.

eric1972
11-06-2009, 8:00 PM
I'm afraid Lan World no longer has my business, too. I had an order wait for a long time, and when it shipped, they were the wrong parts (wrong AR spring, and wrong AR buffer). Plus, to add insult to injury, I ordered a Magpul PRS stock and it was backordered but the rifle parts were shipped in that box, so, I thought that my order was complete but it was just a tease. I decided I didn't want to wait any longer, ate the 3% on the balance (just kept the wrong parts too, didn't want to deal with them anymore), and saved some money and got a regular A2 stock for my faux-Colt Accurized Rifle setup (after reading 'plinker's decision to go back to the A2 stock for his own scoped-AR). Chris is a good guy, and back in the day the service was excellent, but, I think they've been overwhelmed of late.

norcal77
11-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I got my FiringLine AK from them...it took a couple months but eventually showed up...not exactly the way I like to do things but when somebody has something you can't get anywhere else you are stuck...in the end I was happy.

tiger74
05-21-2010, 1:20 PM
Thumbs down lan world inc FFFF------
i grade lan world inc FFFFF----- bad customer service specially heather and lorrie. lorrie does not know **** about her product.(she try to convince customer by tell lmt and pof give lifetime warranty on their product which is not truth lmt and pof give only 1 year and 3 year warrant on their product) heather send out scratch product and blame on the manufactory. i want to return it they want 15% restock fee. on their website say return or cancellation is 3% fee. by the way they dont have their product in stock. lorrie try to convince to put 50% deposit so they can lock down your money for 6 month or longer so she can make commission out of her sell. if you open store you have to keep up with your inventory. if not close down the store. by the way their price are high. i spend over $5000.00 at lan world inc. i would not spend even penny at lan world inc again.
Edit/Delete Message by the way i paid in cashier check not credit card.(they shouldnt charge 3% or 15% fee they try to rip me off)