PDA

View Full Version : Holy screw up Batman, it's the end of the world !

Electric Factory
01-30-2009, 1:10 PM
OK maybe not the, you know, end of the world :D, but there I was minding my own business, another nice morning at Angels Range. I'm enjoying a little casual AR shooting when suddenly I look down and notice a screw missing at the top of my Stag rail, take a look at the pic below.
Does anyone know where I might find a replacement ? Has anyone else lost a rail screw ? If anyone has one of these screws that you'd be willing to sell or trade for or whatever I'm ready to make a deal straight away.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/electricfactory/100_6184.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t57/electricfactory/100_6186.jpg

technique
01-30-2009, 1:38 PM
we need more pics of the whole rifle....then maybe you can have your answer,:D

rulas41
01-30-2009, 1:46 PM
take out the other screw and go to home depot and get a replacement

CHS
01-30-2009, 2:04 PM
Why haven't you just called Stag yet?

GenLee
01-30-2009, 2:08 PM
My buddies stag did the exact same thing. I will call him and find out where he got his replacement screw.

Nitroman
01-30-2009, 2:19 PM
Commonly known as a button-head hex screw. Take off the one right next to it and go down to your local OSH, match it up by OAL and thread pitch, and buy the bag of 6 for about 95-cents. It's really simple to do. While you're there, buy some blue Loctite to put on the threads.

Rich :)

JerryM
01-30-2009, 3:07 PM
Commonly known as a button-head hex screw. Take off the one right next to it and go down to your local OSH, match it up by OAL and thread pitch, and buy the bag of 6 for about 95-cents. It's really simple to do. While you're there, buy some blue Loctite to put on the threads.

I am on my way rigth now to buy blue. I hate to be in the same predicament.

berg
01-30-2009, 3:25 PM
Why haven't you just called Stag yet?

I'm wondering the same thing :confused: They will probably just send you a new one for free. (End of the world?):TFH:

lumpia
01-30-2009, 3:29 PM

+1 They're not some special screw that only the Gods can grant you. Screws are cheap.

Born2Lose
01-30-2009, 3:32 PM
Just don't buy red loctite by mistake! :eek:

randy
01-30-2009, 3:36 PM
Call them they should send you some screws for free.

762cavalier
01-30-2009, 4:32 PM
Blue Loctite has saved my bacon on so many occasions I can't even begin to count them. Keep it in your gun toolbox. Don't store it in the medicine cabinet, someone will confuse it for the toothpaste. Don't ask how I know this.

Well, at least their teeth will stay in place.:eek:

lehn20
01-30-2009, 7:17 PM
clear nailpolish will also do the trick for most screws, especially if u need to remove them on a regular basis.

Fate
01-30-2009, 7:39 PM
Hey ElectricFactory, is this the AR that's using the ARMS #40 I sold you?

jgraham15
01-30-2009, 8:01 PM
clear nailpolish will also do the trick for most screws, especially if u need to remove them on a regular basis.

Hmmm, good info! I will try it right after I paint my toe nails!!!!! :D :eek: :thumbsup:

fusionstar
01-30-2009, 10:38 PM

and if it happens to fall out the range bag with all your buddies around?

jkjk

I've been using this for light duty stuff before i found out about loctite.

oldschool88
01-31-2009, 5:49 AM
Blue Loctite has saved my bacon on so many occasions I can't even begin to count them. Keep it in your gun toolbox. Don't store it in the medicine cabinet, someone will confuse it for the toothpaste. Don't ask how I know this.

Sadly, Loctite really tastes good. Don't ask how I know.