PDA

View Full Version : Hi cap mags with an Ar Pistol question

NuGunner
01-30-2009, 1:44 PM
delete

69Mach1
01-30-2009, 2:09 PM
An OLL AR pistol has a magazine well outside of the grip, which makes it an assault weapon if it's semi auto with det. mags. Since a locked mag is required at all times, the mag capacity is limited to 10 rounds. So no high caps.

ohsmily
01-30-2009, 2:17 PM
Can you use hi cap mags on an ar pistol?

Not in CA unless it is a registered AW.

You must fix the magazine on a semi-auto AR pistol in order to avoid having the pistol be an assault pistol. If you use a magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds in a fixed mag build (pistol or rifle) it would be an assault weapon.

Until you "get" this, don't build or buy an AR pistol.

BONECUTTER
01-30-2009, 2:27 PM
Pistols
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to
fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

Based on this if the gas tube is removed/plugged and the weapon is no longer semi auto you could use high caps.......correct???

ohsmily
01-30-2009, 2:30 PM
Based on this if the gas tube is removed/plugged and the weapon is no longer semi auto you could use high caps.......correct???

I would plug the gas port, not just remove the tube. If you do, then yes, you would have a high cap bolt action pistol. :puke: ;)

Jpach
01-30-2009, 2:30 PM
Correct. If its not semi auto you may use hi caps

BONECUTTER
01-30-2009, 2:32 PM
I would plug the gas port, not just remove the tube. If you do, then yes, you would have a high cap bolt action pistol. :puke: ;)

No desire for me to do it....just saying.

CHS
01-30-2009, 2:46 PM
Can you use hi cap mags on an ar pistol?

Yes.

Outside of CA :)