PDA

View Full Version : CA legality of JTAC-47 Compensator

hawk1547
01-30-2009, 1:17 PM
Hello everybody,I was wondering if the JTAC-47 comp..is legal to have in Republic of Kalifornia,of course I have a OLL configuration Romie G build.It look cool but at the same time I like the AK74 style muzzle brake too.I wonder how the Jtac-47 stacks up performance wise to a AK74 style.My main idea is something that will lower recoil and help with accuracy on quicker follow up shots.Any body?
This is my OLL Romie G build,of course the magazine is fixed to hold only 10 rounds.
And this is the JTAC-47 compensator.
Thanks,And enjoy the AK picture.

Lateralus
01-30-2009, 1:42 PM
I really hope that you have a maglock installed on that AK, because I dont see one.

Back to your question, a muzzle brake like the J-tac is not an evil feature under PC 12276.1 and can be used on a featureless or fixed build.

Like I said, I really hope you have a maglock on that sucker, or it is out of state.

dfletcher
01-30-2009, 1:51 PM
I have one on an AR 7.62 upper - Powers Custom carries them with the 1/2x28 TPI for AR rifles - and it works very, very well. I have always seen them advertised as compensators or brakes.

fusionstar
01-30-2009, 2:00 PM
even though the magazine is fixed to hold only 10 rounds. It MUST be locked and only removable with a tool.

Jimmy Deuce
01-30-2009, 2:14 PM
To my knowledge it should be just fine. It is comp not a flash suppresor. I have one myself all I can say is say adios to most of the muzzle rise.

ohsmily
01-30-2009, 2:47 PM
Oooh....ouch.....Assault weapon fail.

hawk1547
01-30-2009, 2:59 PM
Hello everybody,I was wondering if the JTAC-47 comp..is legal to have in Republic of Kalifornia,of course I have a OLL configuration Romie G build.It look cool but at the same time I like the AK74 style muzzle brake too.I wonder how the Jtac-47 stacks up performance wise to a AK74 style.My main idea is something that will lower recoil and help with accuracy on quicker follow up shots.Any body?
This is my OLL Romie G build,of course the magazine is fixed to hold only 10 rounds.
And this is the JTAC-47 compensator.
Thanks,And enjoy the AK picture.

Thanks,you guys rocks,I do have the Radlock installed now,that picture is from 6/07.That magazine had been rebuild with US 922(r) compliance parts since then.And from you guys said I think I'll buy the JTAC-47.

Lateralus
01-30-2009, 3:23 PM
Way to admit to breaking the law...

I would remove the pictures. Put new ones up if you have them...

hawk1547
01-30-2009, 5:20 PM
Way to admit to breaking the law...

I would remove the pictures. Put new ones up if you have them...

[QUOTE=hawk1547]Thanks for the advice,I do have new ones,you'll see it later.But first I would like to say something.As we all know,the days of sitting on the sidelines as others perform active roles in fighting for our Second Amendment Rights are over.And it is up to each of us to ensure that our government understands where we stand on our inalienable rights,and I can tell you that I follow all applicable laws regarding use of these parts in a lawful manner,and in no way I'll put my self and my Second Amendment Rights in jeopardy.
Thanks!!!

TZL
01-30-2009, 5:34 PM
i'm sure those pics were taken while it was out of state ! :D

fusionstar
01-30-2009, 5:50 PM
i'm sure those pics were taken while it was out of state ! :D

yea by the looks of the shadows and the color of the steel. He is obviously in Nevada. A free but dry state.

EBR Works
01-30-2009, 6:08 PM
I have their other model, the FSC47, on an AK pistol and it is truly amazing how little recoil it now has. Expensive but worth it!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/impactco/Draco_brake.jpg

hawk1547
01-30-2009, 6:10 PM
Well,well I think this is going no where.I see nothing wrong with it,I thought you guys will like to see what a real kick butt battle rifle look like!:jump:

Lateralus
01-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I have their other model, the FSC47, on an AK pistol and it is truly amazing how little recoil it now has. Expensive but worth it!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/impactco/Draco_brake.jpg

Thats like posting a picture of a girls abs and not the whole thing. Show us the goods baby!

EBR Works
01-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Thats like posting a picture of a girls abs and not the whole thing. Show us the goods baby!

Here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=148273&highlight=pistol