PDA

View Full Version : Lower recevier purchasing question the FFL

Cal-Irish
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
So Ive been looking around trying to score a receiver for a nice price (not going to happen anytime soon).

Well one particular surplus store online stipulates they must have your(the dealers) FFL with them before making a purchase. My question is, does this mean I just have to get an FFL dealer to do the online transaction for me? And I have no involvement beyond convincing said FFL dealer to go online submit the necessary forms then order it?

Thanks

smf37
01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
So Ive been looking around trying to score a receiver for a nice price (not going to happen anytime soon).

Well one particular surplus store online stipulates they must have your(the dealers) FFL with them before making a purchase. My question is, does this mean I just have to get an FFL dealer to do the online transaction for me? And I have no involvement beyond convincing said FFL dealer to go online submit the necessary forms then order it?

Thanks

It could just mean they need your FFL's number on file. Give your FFL a call and have him call the company you want to buy from. Then you should be gtg.

badtrout
01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
It could just mean they need your FFL's number on file. Give your FFL a call and have him call the company you want to buy from. Then you should be gtg.

or fax

Cal-Irish
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM
K thanks guys that seems to make a little more sense.

Linus
01-30-2009, 11:41 AM
or fax

Yes, just contact your FFL and have him send them a copy of his FFL by fax.
I keep a copy of my FFL's license on my computer so I can just email it to the dealer I'm purchasing from.