PDA

View Full Version : what receiver for russian ak kit?

norcal-ar
01-30-2009, 6:08 AM
I might be able to get my hands on a russian AK KIT and was wondering if anyone makes a receiver to fit the russian kits? i looked at the nds website and seen the nds 3 is for the romainian kits. any suggestions? really dont want to bend my own cause if some happens and it has to become a registered AW instead of a OLL.then i dont want to have to hunt a receiver down, disassemble mine and rebuild it again. just want to do it once and call it a day.

Ford8N
01-30-2009, 6:29 AM
I might be able to get my hands on a russian AK KIT and was wondering if anyone makes a receiver to fit the russian kits? i looked at the nds website and seen the nds 3 is for the romainian kits. any suggestions? really dont want to bend my own cause if some happens and it has to become a registered AW instead of a OLL.then i dont want to have to hunt a receiver down, disassemble mine and rebuild it again. just want to do it once and call it a day.

If you have a real Russian AK with matching numbers I would go with a NDS-1 if a stamped kit. If it's the milled go, with the MLS99 milled receiver. Don't forget to have the correct selector markings engraved and match the trunnion numbers to the receiver serial.

norcal-ar
01-30-2009, 6:30 PM
thanks!! to make a long story short basically my buddy is getting his recently deceased grand fathers russian AK and he is not into guns at all so we talked about making a deal and well ill go with him to pick up other stuff he was left in Nevada and i thought i could disassemble the rifle there bring back the parts kit and get a new receiver. still waiting on picks to make sure its a real russian!!

69Mach1
01-30-2009, 7:53 PM
thanks!! to make a long story short basically my buddy is getting his recently deceased grand fathers russian AK and he is not into guns at all so we talked about making a deal and well ill go with him to pick up other stuff he was left in Nevada and i thought i could disassemble the rifle there bring back the parts kit and get a new receiver. still waiting on picks to make sure its a real russian!!

As far as I know, the only banned by name Russian AK was the Kalashnikov USA Saiga. If it's not that one, why not just buy the AK and have it transferred to your FFL? Is this a Saiga, or Vepr? Or are we talking about a real AK47 select fire assault rifle?

norcal-ar
01-30-2009, 9:10 PM
waiting on pics and then i'll know more

tenbrook
05-10-2009, 8:10 AM
Any NEW info or pictures on this rifle?

joe_sun
05-10-2009, 9:24 AM
As far as I know, the only banned by name Russian AK was the Kalashnikov USA Saiga. If it's not that one, why not just buy the AK and have it transferred to your FFL? Is this a Saiga, or Vepr? Or are we talking about a real AK47 select fire assault rifle?

Prolly a select fire.

Noobert
05-10-2009, 9:45 AM
yeah, most likely select fire. you should really move out to NV

norcal-ar
05-10-2009, 2:20 PM
It ended up not working out cause everyone in his familiy got really sketched out that i would be bringing ak parts into ca. all i wanted was just the parts and tried to explain this to them. and also tried to explain how i was going to build it into a rifle that meets all ca regulations the receiver wasnt even going to be leaving the state i was just wanting it as a parts kit. anyhow i ended up with a saiga instead.