PDA

View Full Version : How much do you guys think an LMT used upper would be worth right now???

supermario
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
How much do you guys think an LMT 16" used upper would be worth right now??? A friend of a friend has an LMT upper and stock, looking to sell, but he's not sure how many rounds through it. What would you guys say it is worth right now?? Thanks guys

tenpercentfirearms
01-30-2009, 5:28 AM
I would put it out there for MSRP. Or, put it on gun broker for a $1 and let it ride.

AJAX22
01-30-2009, 5:31 AM
Seriously +1 on the gunbroker idea....

you wouldn't believe what uppers are going for right now, especially name brand stuff...

supermario
01-30-2009, 7:01 AM
HMMM that sounds like a good idea! Thanks guys! If i did sell it, should i sell it complete or be greedy and keep the BCG as a spare for my other two LM.Ts. always nice to have spare bolt right?

maxicon
01-30-2009, 8:23 AM
BCGs are in high demand and short supply right now, and having it included would help get top dollar for it.

WokMaster1
01-30-2009, 8:38 AM
put it up for sale for $X. If it sells in 20 seconds, you know you should have priced it higher.:D j/k.

Like the GB idea from 10%.

supermario
01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys, I think i will try that! Now I'm gouging like all the people i talk about!:eek:

jgraham15
01-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys, I think i will try that! Now I'm gouging like all the people i talk about!:eek:

If you start it at $1 then you aren't gouging anybody! They determine what it is worth to them even if it sells for way more than MSRP!!!

jgraham15
01-30-2009, 11:43 AM
It would be cool if you could post a link to your add on gunbroker once you start it. I am very interested in what it might sell for!!!!! :D

mltrading
01-30-2009, 2:47 PM
It depends on what kind of upper and how "used" it is.

Show us some pictures and let us know the round count.

If you are talking about the complete brand new 16" M4 upper (without BCG/CH/HG), the MSRP is $485 each. The upper receiver itself is about $145 each on the market. LMT does not sell upper receiver alone.

You should not pay more than MSRP.:sweatdrop:

supermario
01-31-2009, 9:48 AM
Ok let me pick the upper up from my friend. then i will get pics and we can see what it goes for!

Jim_KT
01-31-2009, 9:52 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I might be interested pending on condition.

ocg 03
01-31-2009, 10:54 AM
I got an LMT upper from ARFCOM for $700 when the buying frenzy began. It did include the BCG.

I had to search night and day and they always got purchased before I could contact the seller. I actually caught the classified ad at 4:00 am and had to reply ASAP. Within 15 minutes 5 other people responded to the same ad.

Good luck!!

a1fabweld
01-31-2009, 11:19 AM
The stuff I sold on gunbroker I started the bidding at what I paid for it. That way I didn't lose any money if only one guy bid, but they usualy sold for more. Sometimes much more.

supermario
01-31-2009, 8:05 PM
I think i will do what a1fabweld did, becus i dont want to lose $. I was gonna pay $500 for it, so i was worried that what if it happen to sell for the same, i kinda wanted to make some $$ becus i need $$ for something else! Do you think it would be out of hand if i put $600 as a starting bid,, is that how gunbroker works??

tenpercentfirearms
01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
I think i will do what a1fabweld did, becus i dont want to lose $. I was gonna pay $500 for it, so i was worried that what if it happen to sell for the same, i kinda wanted to make some $$ becus i need $$ for something else! Do you think it would be out of hand if i put $600 as a starting bid,, is that how gunbroker works??

There is no way you are going to lose money on it. Sack up and put it on there for 99 cents. You will always get more bids and probably a better price if you start low and get guys hooked.

To help, do a search for other LMT uppers using the completed auctions filter. For example:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=117997393

Guy started it at 1 cent! Its buy it now price was $675. It went for $690.

Take a lot of pictures and let it ride. There is no way you are going to lose money.

supermario
02-01-2009, 1:40 PM
Forget it, I think the guy realized what he had and doenst want to sell his upper to me now. He said he was keeping it. OH well, i shouldnt have given him time to think about it,, Or maybe worse, maybe he talked to you guys! JK:(