PDA

View Full Version : mossberg 100 atr problems

Blwnbwtie
01-29-2009, 10:00 PM
i have a mossberg in 30-06, it chambers factory rounds just fine, but for some reason everytime i try to use a reload it gets stuck in the chamber. The problems seems to be that the sizing die isnt sizing down far enough, the wierd thing is that it even happens with spent brass that was fired in this gun. anyone have any suggestions?

freakshow10mm
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Is your FL sizing die touching the shellplate/holder at the top of the stroke?

What dies are you using?

Where is the cartridge getting stuck? Cover the sides of the brass with black marker. Chamber it and remove it. Then look to see where the marker is rubbed off.

What kind of brass are you using?

Blwnbwtie
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
i have been setting up the die to touch the shell holder with redding FL dies. It is getting stuck about 1/4" from the head of the case. I am using remmy and nny brass. The nny brass was from wolf gold ammo that was fired in my gun the remmy brass was from my dads gun and random range pick ups.

freakshow10mm
01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
What's your load?

Blwnbwtie
01-29-2009, 10:35 PM
150gr bulk remington bullets over 50gr of RL15 CCI primers. I have only fired 2 rds of my reloads because they keep getting stuck. Primers look fine no signs of high pressure, this was the starting load from the lee book. Just a side note i reload 303 brit, 8mm mauser, and 223 and have not had a problem, also i have used a few of my reloads in my dads gun and there were no issues in his gun.

freakshow10mm
01-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Leaning towards an out of chamber spec but the reloads vs factory has me perplexed.

Blwnbwtie
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
thats what i thought also, i just got it back from mossberg and it doesnt seem like they did anything but replace the extractor that broke while trying to get a round out of the chamber. Im guess it is just on the tight side of the spec.