PDA

View Full Version : USGI mags vs C-Products mags?

mywytefeet
01-29-2009, 8:59 PM
I'm looking to get some 30 round rebuilds from either C-products with the anti-tilt followers or some D&H USGI 30 round mags with green followers. Just wondering, since they are pretty close to the same price, is one better than the other?

jgraham15
01-29-2009, 9:24 PM
I'm looking to get some 30 round rebuilds from either C-products with the anti-tilt followers or some D&H USGI 30 round mags with green followers. Just wondering, since they are pretty close to the same price, is one better than the other?

Well I dont have any experience with D&H mags but I have a lot of experience with C-products mags and they have been flawless! I would highly recommend them!!!! :thumbsup:

NiteQwill
01-29-2009, 9:26 PM
I have (and used) both. I find them both just as reliable with anti-tilt followers (USGI + magpul gen 2 [grey] followers). Frankly, I see no difference in performance or feed, you can't go wrong with either.

If I had to choose between the two, I would go with USGI with magpuls simply because I have used them throughout my military career.

mywytefeet
01-29-2009, 9:29 PM
You wouldn't happen to know, when ordering the spring, follower, and base plate direct from C-products, "3 pack replacement kit." Does that mean it's a kit that comes with 3 things--follower, base plate, and spring, or does that mean it comes with 3 followers, 3 base plates, and 3 springs? Also, does it matter if you order the bodies and kits at the same time?

Thanks!

NiteQwill
01-29-2009, 9:35 PM
They come with 3 of each: spring, follower, and floor plate.

They come with 3 of each, follower, spring and floor plate.

LJ Panka
VP of Sales
C Products
941 792-4525 office
941 792-4329 fax
866 274-0247 toll free
www.cproductsllc.com

Yes, you can order the bodies together.

jgraham15
01-29-2009, 9:47 PM
You wouldn't happen to know, when ordering the spring, follower, and base plate direct from C-products, "3 pack replacement kit." Does that mean it's a kit that comes with 3 things--follower, base plate, and spring, or does that mean it comes with 3 followers, 3 base plates, and 3 springs? Also, does it matter if you order the bodies and kits at the same time?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure C-products will not ship any thing over 10 rounds to California anymore! Not even just the bodies. But 44mag.com has C-products mags and the option to buy them as rebuild kits and they ship to Commifornia! Oh and they are a top notch company to do business with!!!!

NiteQwill
01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
I am pretty sure C-products will not ship any thing over 10 rounds to California anymore! Not even just the bodies. But 44mag.com has C-products mags and the option to buy them as rebuild kits and they ship to Commifornia! Oh and they are a top notch company to do business with!!!!

They shipped to me. But this was a long time ago so maybe it has changed. They also offer a very nice discount to military, FYI to others.

My only gripe is that 44mags charges to disassemble the mags. Nearly $2.50 each. Come on... it takes less than 5 seconds to disassemble. FWIW, AlohaRiver will do it for free.