PDA

View Full Version : deleted - nevermind

lowracer
01-29-2009, 4:08 PM
deleted.

djleisure
01-29-2009, 4:13 PM
That looks like a VERY safe lower. Now you don't have to worry about a child stumbling on it, then buying a LPK, then assembling it, then attaching an upper, then inserting a loaded mag into the well, then charging it, then stretching his tiny arms way out to find the trigger and accidentally blowing his head off. Yep, yer covered!

BroncoBob
01-29-2009, 4:14 PM
That baby is locked up now. Safety first and do exercise good trigger finger placement when carrying it.....:smilielol5::rofl2::smilielol5:

Born2Lose
01-29-2009, 4:51 PM
You've saved baby kittens everywhere! Good Job!

Don't you own a safe? ;)
Just fill out the form that says you own a safe and put your model number in..you know..of the safe that you own. ;);)

Only HAVE to buy a lock with every pistol purchase with or without a safe.

missiontrails
01-29-2009, 5:01 PM
Ya, I would not want a child to have access to that stripped lower.

BroncoBob
01-29-2009, 5:04 PM
In northern California the city of Livermore requires a lock with all gun sales, pistols or long guns safe or no safe. Stupid city ordinance.

Don't you own a safe?
Just fill out the form that says you own a safe and put your model number in..you know..of the safe that you own.

Norcalkid
01-29-2009, 5:37 PM
They told me I had to bring the receipt with the lock. It must have been purchased in the last 30 days. Stupid. O well, I have a safe so it didn’t matter to me. But it’s a stupid law.

domokun
01-29-2009, 5:55 PM
They told me I had to bring the receipt with the lock. It must have been purchased in the last 30 days. Stupid. O well, I have a safe so it didn’t matter to me. But it’s a stupid law.

You have a safe and didn't fill out the Safe Affidavit?!? :confused: That's lower receiver is technically a long gun and thus you could have used it in place of buying a lock?

Joey_H
01-29-2009, 5:58 PM
Did you have to demonstrate you can safely load and unload that stripped lower?? :D

GOA510
01-29-2009, 6:16 PM
That looks like a VERY safe lower. Now you don't have to worry about a child stumbling on it, then buying a LPK, then assembling it, then attaching an upper, then inserting a loaded mag into the well, then charging it, then stretching his tiny arms way out to find the trigger and accidentally blowing his head off. Yep, yer covered!

Oh man, you've heard of those children too?!? I remember reading an article about a preschool that was a cover for infant AR building camp :D

Yea some rules and ordinances are pretty dumb, but so are millions of people out there. Heard way too many stories about idiots and guns.

Good luck on your build btw!

RedDawn
01-29-2009, 7:46 PM

That law pertains only to handgun purchases/transfers. What area did you buy the stripped lower from?

rayra
01-29-2009, 9:37 PM
THe lock law isn't stupid. Meaning they didn't do it out of ignorance but out of malice. It's deliberately costly and obstructive.

As to the actual OP, congrats, I can't tell if you're seious or playing a joke. Bravo, sir.

lowracer
01-29-2009, 9:39 PM
As to the actual OP, congrats, I can't tell if you're seious or playing a joke. Bravo, sir.

The lock is the actual lock that was sold to me with that lower, and the story is true, the gun store (Discount Gun Mart in SD) did attach the lock in the manner shown before letting me leave the store with it. I think it's funny though. So I'm serious and joking at the same time.

Agro
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM
The lock is the actual lock that was sold to me with that lower, and the story is true, the gun store (Discount Gun Mart in SD) did attach the lock in the manner shown before letting me leave the store with it. I think it's funny though. So I'm serious and joking at the same time.

You should have just told them you had a gun safe. Wouldn't they have just dropped it with that.

Tunis
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
:smilielol5:

DedEye
01-29-2009, 10:25 PM

You should have taken the lock off the lower. You could have dropped it on the floor if you wanted or kept it if you had another gun to use it on, but there's no requirement that a long gun (or a receiver) need to be locked during transportation. School zones may still present an exception :p.

Flying Bones
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
You should install the trigger guard and put a lock through it to be extra safe.

eric90503
01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
I just picked up my N6 stripped lower today and they said the same thing.
You have to buy a lock, and the Safe exemption is over.

Can anyone help with any legal literature? Doesn't seem right?...

Thanks

Born2Lose
01-30-2009, 6:12 AM
If it is over it must have ended recently because Gussler's didn't make you do it if you filled out safe affidavit. One store i went to said that i had to buy the lock..but it didn't mean i couldn't just return the lock the next day! :D

WokMaster1
01-30-2009, 6:25 AM
I'm surprised they did make you lock the lower & they keep the key for another 10 days.:p

BTW why do they name the shop Discount Gun Mart? Are their prices better than the other places around it or are they just being funny?:D

lowracer
01-30-2009, 6:42 AM
They did offer the safe affidavit, but I did not know the exact model number of my safe, only the brand name, so no dice, had to buy the lock.