PDA

View Full Version : Who has AIM? Need advice on Mag. Rebuild Kits.

VtotheZ
01-29-2009, 3:53 PM
Hey guys, I have read and read and read, and searched and searched and searched. Please if any of you that are versed in this topic of "magazine rebuild kits" please hit me up on aim. I am in need of opinion and advice, even facts, laws. etc. on the whole idea of the magazine rebuild kit.

aim: methman478

Or post your screen name and I can IM you. Its much easier than posting, and clogging up the forums for answers.

Thanks

bwiese
01-29-2009, 3:56 PM
If someone gives you private advice it could be wrong.

The value of "open source gun rights" is that things are self correcting in public.

97F1504RAD
01-29-2009, 3:56 PM
If you search you will most likley find your answers here on the site.

VtotheZ
01-29-2009, 4:04 PM
If you search you will most likley find your answers here on the site.

I did and I did not find it. Thanks

Can someone please just help? Thanks lol

domokun
01-29-2009, 4:09 PM
Probably want to start with this memo:

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf

Keep searching, you'll find the relevant threads.

VtotheZ
01-29-2009, 4:24 PM
read it... does not answer my questions or concern's

sorensen440
01-29-2009, 4:25 PM
Feel free to pm me on here if your afraid to ask the question in the forum.

VtotheZ
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Feel free to pm me on here if your afraid to ask the question in the forum.

PM'd

Lateralus
01-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Ok, ill play.

MudCamper
01-30-2009, 7:52 AM

Then post your question here.

There have been so many new members with mag questions lately, it makes me wonder if it's some kind of DOJ sting. Now this request for IM discussion really sets off my paranoia. Don't ask for illegal advise on these forums. We keep it legal.

CHS
01-30-2009, 7:59 AM
(METH)man?

DDT
01-30-2009, 8:00 AM
Most importantly, if you have a new question that hasn't been asked before we want it posted here so that others following in your footsteps can find their answer with the search function.

xrMike
01-30-2009, 8:05 AM
Hey guys, I have read and read and read, and searched and searched and searched. Please if any of you that are versed in this topic of "magazine rebuild kits" please hit me up on aim. I am in need of opinion and advice, even facts, laws. etc. on the whole idea of the magazine rebuild kit.

More than likely, all your questions are answered here:

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf

Sig226
01-30-2009, 8:11 AM
(METH)man?

+1 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

sorensen440
01-30-2009, 8:16 AM
Most importantly, if you have a new question that hasn't been asked before we want it posted here so that others following in your footsteps can find their answer with the search function.
It was not a new question and it has been answered

fairfaxjim
01-30-2009, 8:38 AM
It was not a new question and it has been answered

Ah, probably the old "is it legal to have hi-cap magazines if you only carry it in your left hand?" question. :D

When will these guys learn that it's a right handed world? AND, that the answers are all in the PC and it is on the DOJ website?? Please read it folks, even if you think you got the right answer. It won't do you much good to tell some LEO, in your best Rodney King voice, that is hooking you up that "some guys on calguns said it was ok!" You may have a LITTLE better chance if you know at least what PC section he can check if he's willing to give you half a chance.

ohsmily
01-30-2009, 8:56 AM
This thread sucks.

You can ask your question here. It will get answered expediently and correctly.

I wish we could rate users.

97F1504RAD
01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
(METH)man?

Yeah i wondered about that as well.

VtotheZ
01-30-2009, 4:58 PM
First off I would like to thank the people on this thread for there time, Lateralus, and sorensen440. They both responded and helped me clear confusion.

(METH)man?

Then post your question here.

There have been so many new members with mag questions lately, it makes me wonder if it's some kind of DOJ sting. Now this request for IM discussion really sets off my paranoia. Don't ask for illegal advise on these forums. We keep it legal.

As far as my AIM name methman478 not that it matters, and I find it pretty funny that you assume "meth" being methamphetamine, but honestly I was a math major and they called me Method Man when I was going to school, due to my Method of Procedure was always perfect, Method of Procedure is a scientific and math term we used a lot. Hope this cures all your insecurities and paranoia's about my screen name. Didn't think I had to explain this but I guess need be, I'm always willing to help you out lol...

And as far as your assumptions that I'm trying to do something illegal is far fetched and immature. The only reason why I wanted to instant message was that its a fast and INSTANT form of communication that wont waste your precious time by having to respond to a commonly asked question.

Thanks to all that helped me answer this, Lock it up mods! :thumbsup:

97F1504RAD
01-30-2009, 5:08 PM
Nobody assumed you were trying to do anything illegal so no need to make that assumption of us. I just thought Methman was a odd name is all. And since you yourself have made the assumption that we all think it means Methamphetamine that to me would be reason enough NOT to use that as a name. Since I would suspect many assume that about the name.

But it's cool no need to assume things right.:thumbsup:

Glad you got your questions answered. But lighten up a bit. Were all friends here.

fairfaxjim
01-30-2009, 5:44 PM
Nobody assumed you were trying to do anything illegal so no need to make that assumption of us. I just thought Methman was a odd name is all. And since you yourself have made the assumption that we all think it means Methamphetamine that to me would be reason enough NOT to use that as a name. Since I would suspect many assume that about the name.

But it's cool no need to assume things right.:thumbsup:

Glad you got your questions answered. But lighten up a bit. Were all friends here.

Yeah, particularly when you start acting all tweaky and weird about things. You know, calls himself a duck, is acting like a duck, ?????:)

Glad you got your answers, hope you got your drama fix too.

sorensen440
01-30-2009, 5:56 PM
Lighten up guys there was no criminal intent I assure you.

The questions were along the lines of my first question a few years ago (Whats an OLL?) :p

MudCamper
01-30-2009, 6:03 PM
And as far as your assumptions that I'm trying to do something illegal is far fetched and immature. The only reason why I wanted to instant message was that its a fast and INSTANT form of communication that wont waste your precious time by having to respond to a commonly asked question.

You are now calling me immature for my distrust of unfamiliar members asking high-cap mag questions, and asking for answers in private. I was also referring to many other threads besides yours. You may not be aware that DOJ employees have (and probably still do) cruise this forum. Further, new members come by and ask how to do things illegally (intentionally and unintentionally) quite often. And IMO personal attacks like yours are immature. And your evasiveness took more time than a straight up honest question.

Lateralus
01-30-2009, 9:00 PM
I actually like his approach. Lets face it, it can be intimidating to know nothing, especially when ALOT of members here are prone to flaming and generally being a douche.

I spent about 2 hours talking to this fellow here tonight and he was just a genuinely interested gun owner who just needed some questions answered. And guess what? He almost did it without getting his back jumped on.

DDT
01-31-2009, 9:02 AM
I guess he is just another victim of the FUd that is spread in California that somehow the discussion of firearms is dirty and best done in private.

I can assure you that there is no need to worry about being shunned here for an interest in firearms. In fact, as you have learned, being secretive about firearms is a good way to get the locals radar going. Even the most simple of questions will be answered around here and these threads are very close to instant if the person was there to answer your first question, they'll be around to quickly fire off a second response if need be.

The laws in California are so convoluted that 90% of the people who are enforcing the laws are not as well versed as many of the members here. As long as you are clear that you want to understand the limits of the law so that you may follow them you won't get too many sideways glances. Sometimes folks spout off with wildly incorrect information and that will always garner a much louder outcry than a sincere question.

So, what area of Math did you study and where? Always thought math was unbearable until I saw my first abstract text book.

CSACANNONEER
01-31-2009, 9:21 AM
OK guys, this thread may suck but, at least the OP did not post "What should "my friend" to do with the armed Abrams tank in his back yard (or, FA AK or, 8" long fully inclosed "flash" surpressor, etc.)?" The main problem asking legal type questions in a private setting is that you may get a wrong answer. The pros are that you are not outing yourself on a highly monitored public forum (like a few people have done lately). The OP was being careful and I can assume that he got the right answers from those who helped him.

VtotheZ
01-31-2009, 5:16 PM
OK guys, this thread may suck but, at least the OP did not post "What should "my friend" to do with the armed Abrams tank in his back yard (or, FA AK or, 8" long fully inclosed "flash" surpressor, etc.)?" The main problem asking legal type questions in a private setting is that you may get a wrong answer. The pros are that you are not outing yourself on a highly monitored public forum (like a few people have done lately). The OP was being careful and I can assume that he got the right answers from those who helped him.

Yea I got the answers I needed, Thank you again to those who helped... :D

Cheers